Motherwell Vs St Johnstone Discussion Thread

David

Absolutely delighted with that performance and result today, barring the collective brain FART that led to their goal.

Thought it would be a lot closer than that and allied with the draw at Tannadice it does guarantee European Football. So WELL done the Management team and the players. Excellent effort and all we need to do is finish 3rd to make it a very special season :cheers::drinks::yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I still expect DDee Utd to pick up points against either or the Old firm, so a point or 3 at Tynecastle would go down well.

Looking forward to that game. Expect it to be a cracker...

SUN IS SHINING............Motherwell score 5 - good day to be a Well fan :thumbup:

Proof you know hee haw about fitba. We have only lost 4 games (minus the OF) all season and we deserve to be third. Why the lack of faith?

Anyway mon the well, we're all going on a European tour....woop.gif

if i knew he was going to play murphy through the middle, instruct law to stick to the left wing and that steven anderson would be playing left back for them i would have heavily backed us.

he set us up to win today. against kiliie, aberdeen, rangers, hibs and celtic he didn't.

• Like 4

Tremendous stuff, really was and I would say that the early penalty really settled us.

For the 1st game in ages, I felt as though I was enjoying myself at the fitba'. Murphy looked confident, and teh fact that he played so close to Higdon meant that the big fella' had his best game in donks as well. No failures in the team today, but you have to put Humphrey on a pedestal as he was fucking marvellous and it was also nice to see our three forwards chip in with some goals to provide a bit of confidence going into three huge games.

It all begs the question though, where the hell have the players been hiding for the past few weeks, when they can come out and destroy a rival team in such a way?

Tremendous stuff, really was and I would say that the early penalty really settled us.

For the 1st game in ages, I felt as though I was enjoying myself at the fitba'. Murphy looked confident, and teh fact that he played so close to Higdon meant that the big fella' had his best game in donks as well. No failures in the team today, but you have to put Humphrey on a pedestal as he was fucking marvellous and it was also nice to see our three forwards chip in with some goals to provide a bit of confidence going into three huge games.

It all begs the question though, where the hell have the players been hiding for the past few weeks, when they can come out and destroy a rival team in such a way?

Lets hope we are only going into 1 huge game. Beat hearts and Utd don't win we are CL bound!

Marvellous stuff today and wasn't Humphreys superb. We won the battles all over the park today the hunger and desire that had been missing for the last 3 games has returned and we had a purpose in every attack with everyone including Higdon wanting to get involved so well done and superb Ojamma once again but i knew he'd be back he really is a cracking young player. Happy days BRING ON THE JAMBOS!!! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Thought ojamaa was a bit subdued today after he scored this 2 goals. Saying that maybe he was unhappy at being dropped for the last few games. Great to see all 3 strikers scoring again.

Cheesy

Humphrey absolutely demolished Anderson, Murphy looked a lot closer to being on it as well, which was good. Delighted for all three of Murphy, Higdon and Ojamaa in the goals. Was the last goal as much of a howler from the keeper as it looked?

Ended up watching the game from the South stand, which was a first, got a run down with a couple of Saintee pals. Pulled me out of my hungover pit of despair, which was nice.

Thought ojamaa was a bit subdued today after he scored this 2 goals. Saying that maybe he was unhappy at being dropped for the last few games. Great to see all 3 strikers scoring again.

Cheesy

We were 3-1 and 4-1 up when he scored and they were late on, so the game was already won and the goals didn't make a huge difference. They were also both a bit scrappy and I think players don't tend to celebrate those types of goals too much unless they are really important ones.

Still you like to see players happy when they score and as has been said he looked a bit moody.

Cheesy

:evilgrin: ....the well guaranteed European football again .This two goals eh ? Moan the Well !!

he looked in fine mood posing for photo's & signing autographs in the Cooper bar efter the game.

competition for places is a good thing & having "impact" players coming off the bench is something we've long been missing.

To me the only thing missing from the wee man's game has been the breaks he had early in his Well career & if you can level a criticism at him it's that he's maybe trying too hard of late. For me that's no bad thing though cos you can tell how much he wants to do the right thing.

With a bit of luck the goals today might just re-ignite his season.

:notworthy:

I certainly hope not. Jamie is too lightweight to play up front. His strength is cutting in from the left. Higgy needs someone to play beside him.

Think you owe someone an apology....

McCall played exactly the team I hoped he would today and the result we got surpassed even my wildest dreams. Absolutely thrilled tonight. Humphrey was superb today, most balls he played in were dangerous and caused Saints problems. Having him up against a centre half was a wee Brucie bonus but even had it been a natural left back he was in the zone and I still think we would have got some change out of them. Lomas was moaning about the penalty but I really can't see why, it looked like a stick on at the time and i've just seen the goals on Sky and it still looks the same. Motherwell must be a pisser of a team to play when you are losing because they are so quick on the counter and that really helped us today and goals 3 and 4 were of the highest quality and all came from our number 7. Stupid penalty we conceded but apart from that we defended well however our opponents were impotent.

he looked in fine mood posing for photo's & signing autographs in the Cooper bar efter the game.

That wis more to do with me telling him that Kenny Veg walked into the Civic Barbers this morning and asked for a Henrik Ojamaa haircut, which he duly got. Without the Barber even knowing what it looked like I might add, but he did a fine job. :thumbup:

He says not to go asking for it though cos it took him half a fucking hour as opposed to five minutes for my Number 1 all over. :rolleyes: