2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Will he though? What about the transfer embargo thst kicks in very soon? If they sign him they are signing hum injured.....which would be another ridiculous move on their part.

good point.... although does that transfer embargo apply to free agents?

Where is this injury and Rangers chat coming from?

He's playing for Coventry in a friendly against Port Vale today.

I'll do something radical for this place and put up a source - http://www.ccfc.co.u...96758.aspx

City boss Andy Thorn has named two sides for the Sky Blues' penultimate pre-season friendly clash with Port Vale at Vale Park.

Thorn starts the first half with Joe Murphy in goal for the Sky Blues behind a back four of Jordan Clarke, Richard Wood, Reece Brown and Kevin Kilbane.

City will play four across the pitch in diamond with new signing Adam Barton and Carl Baker on the flanks, Billy Daniels in a holding role with Gary McSheffrey playing behind front two Callum Ball and Stephen Elliott Elliott who makes his first start for City since injuring his shoulder in the Sky Blues' friendly 8-0 win over Hinckley Utd.

The second half will see Murphy retain his place in goal behind a back four of Joe Pegg, William Edjenguele, Kevin Malaga and Joe Henderson.

Trialist Steven Jennings takes up the midfield holding role, flanked by Roy O'Donovan and Will Roberts with Cody McDonald partnering second trialist Peter Poloskei upfront.

Teams

First Half

CoventryCity: Murphy, Clarke, Brown, Wood, Kilbane, Daniels, Baker, Barton, McSheffrey, Ball, Elliott

PortVale: Neal, Yates, McCombe, Artell, Loft, Dodds, Purcell, Williamson, Morsy, Williams, Murphy

Second Half

CoventryCity: Murphy, Pegg, Edjenguele, Malaga, Henderson, Jennings, O'Donovan, Roberts, Jeffers, McDonald, Poloskei

PortVale: Johnson, Owen, Loft, Lloyd, Burge, Pope, Vincent, Shuker, James, McDonald, Davis

I think initially I read someone on here saying McCall had told them directly. Evidently pish it would seem!

It was myself that said that. I was talking to Stuart McCall before the Raith Rovers Friendly. I was actually surprised at how open he was and he chatted for a good 10 mins or so. I asked him if there was any chance Jennings would return and he then told me about him picking up the injury while down with Coventry. McCall said that as Jenno was not tied to a team then he was left to pay for the op himself. Out for 3 months he reckoned. Whether the injury has turned out to be not as serious i dont know, i just posted what he told me.

I saw a rumour earlier that we have accepted a £1.5m bid from Derby County for Higdon and Murphy!

would anyone settle for a mchugh-ojamma striking partnership? and daley probably having to start every gaame? not to mention no proven back up strikers

suicidal to accept that unless we put the 1.5mill to good use.

Glad its just a rumour mind u whistling.gif

I saw a rumour earlier that we have accepted a £1.5m bid from Derby County for Higdon and Murphy!

If anyone were crazy enough to bid £1.5m for Murphy and Higdon, I suspect they'd be handed parachutes on the way back from Greece and told to jump out over the appropriate stadium.

That's how unlikely it is..

• Like 4

I personally would drive Higdon and Murphy down south to any team offering 1.5 Mill for both.... :laugh:

Murphy - mentioned it a few times that he needs to make his next step in his development

Higdon - He is slower than my Gran in a wheelchair... never mind pish ball control....He is good in the air, protecting the ball and does a decent job for us, but Championship..... :laugh:

• Like 2

I personally would drive Higdon and Murphy down south to any team offering 1.5 Mill for both.... :laugh:

Murphy - mentioned it a few times that he needs to make his next step in his development

Higdon - He is slower than my Gran in a wheelchair... never mind pish ball control....He is good in the air, protecting the ball and does a decent job for us, but Championship..... :laugh:

I don't like how everybody seems to have bought into the sky sports hype that the Championship is a great league.

The majority of the league is made up of (overpaid) cloggers, Higdon would certainly not be among the worst.

• Like 2

1344417584[/url]' post='354454']

I don't like how everybody seems to have bought into the sky sports hype that the Championship is a great league.

The majority of the league is made up of (overpaid) cloggers, Higdon would certainly not be among the worst.

It's just got bigger, stronger centre backs that basically would push higdon aside like a very light set of drapes.

Fuck it, £1.5m??? We are a champions league club, that shoulda be per player evilgrin.gif

Pish ball control my arse! The ball gets thundered into him from every angle at every height and he does great to either control it or lay it off first time.

• Like 1

Don't insult the wonder striker that is Michael Higdon on here, people don't like it for some reason.

The 14 SPL goals tend to have that effect. What the fuck do you expect Motherwell to be able to get up front which is better?

How many were penalties? How many were against Dunfermline? How many missed chances has he had? To be honest most men under the age of 40 could do better

How many were penalties? How many were against Dunfermline? How many missed chances has he had? To be honest most men under the age of 40 could do better

Which one of these readily available goal-scoring machines do you suggest we sign up as a replacement? I'm sure Motherwell, and most SPL clubs, would love to know.