2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Im in two minds,

On the one hand, Faddy is a 'well legend and I have no problem with him training with us, using the facilities and maybe even having his ear bent to try and sign for us.

However, I'de be royally pissed off if we spend the time getting him up to full fitness and then he signs for one of our rivals.

As much as Faddy coming home this early in his career was a pipe dream, a lack of options might have meant it was closer to reality than we all thought. Just a shame we couldn't seal the deal.

are you sure, if you are out of contract, then assume you can sign for anyone?

contracts don't need to be deadlined to Aug or Jan

I think that as well...as i understand it if you are a free agent, you can be signed at any time, can anybody confirm this ?

Correct.

If you are a free agent when the transfer window shuts you are out of contract and can sign for anyone at anytime.

If you are contracted when it shuts you can't sign until the next window.

This is in Europe/EU/UEFA (not sure which one. Most likely EU and Bosman related). A player can sign for a team in USA or Australia, for example.

• Like 1

not surprising he said no - but im glad the club actually asked the question - thats all we can do

if i was James McFadden, I wouldn't be signing for Motherwell! (just now) and here's my thinking...............

he's a top player who used to earn £25k per week ( i dont actually know)

now he may not get to play in the premiership again - but he can more than do a job for a top championship team who can pay at least £10k per week - he may not want to go there that much, but its his job and he needs to secure his familys future as much as he can

if he came to Motherwell, some people are saying he is in the shop window for a bigger club.......and to an extent he is

BUT - if he was to get seriously injured, he's on a short term deal with low wages and thats all he would get

or IF he never performed at our club, he wouldn't get a move to another big club as they would say he cant cut it any more......and his reputation would be worse than what it is now

money talks, and as much as i would like to see him sign - it aint going to happen just now - he will be looking for one last bumper contract

not surprising he said no - but im glad the club actually asked the question - thats all we can do

if i was James McFadden, I wouldn't be signing for Motherwell! (just now) and here's my thinking...............

he's a top player who used to earn £25k per week ( i dont actually know)

now he may not get to play in the premiership again - but he can more than do a job for a top championship team who can pay at least £10k per week - he may not want to go there that much, but its his job and he needs to secure his familys future as much as he can

if he came to Motherwell, some people are saying he is in the shop window for a bigger club.......and to an extent he is

BUT - if he was to get seriously injured, he's on a short term deal with low wages and thats all he would get

or IF he never performed at our club, he wouldn't get a move to another big club as they would say he cant cut it any more......and his reputation would be worse than what it is now

money talks, and as much as i would like to see him sign - it aint going to happen just now - he will be looking for one last bumper contract

I don't even think it needs to be as complicated as that.

He'll have his sights set on a low end Premiership club (however unlikely) or a Championship club. All these teams usually have money to spend. It makes no sense to commit to a side like Motherwell for 6 months just now, when he can wait until after the transfer window has shut and see what clubs missed out on their targets and need to turn their attention to the free agents market.

so then a 6 month contract would take him past the end of January and then he would't be able to sign with anyone till the next again season?

Six months in football transfer terms is pretty much just a figure of speech, the same way if someone asked you the time and it was 1638 you'd say "twenty to five".

Perhaps you could say McCall could have told a white lie in order not to get the fans' hopes up, but if you listen to his press conference on MFCTV, he didn't actually say at any point he was hopeful of signing McFadden. If you look at the articles which have come as a result, they have used what McCall said with as much journalistic license as they could, the headlines pretty much sensationalised the content.

You might say also with Faddy being used to earning 20k a week he should be able to afford six months of earning 2k a week, which I half agree with, but with a family if more money is on the table you can't blame him for taking it. Who knows what life after football holds for a player and when you look at the likes of Dean Windass and Colin Hendry (albeit those cases are self inflicted) it shows you that money from your career is not endless.

That said, I would be sick to the stomach if he ended up at Aberdeen, Hibs or Dundee United but I consider that very unlikely.

From what I have gathered McCall and Faddy talked it over and Faddy came round to the idea. Then hes spoke to the board and theres been some part of the contract he doesnt agree with, and from what McCall has said it wasnt a money issue, so most likely a clause in there some where that he didnt like the look of. The question is what was it? It must have been a right corker to put him off signing.

From what I have gathered McCall and Faddy talked it over and Faddy came round to the idea. Then hes spoke to the board and theres been some part of the contract he doesnt agree with, and from what McCall has said it wasnt a money issue, so most likely a clause in there some where that he didnt like the look of. The question is what was it? It must have been a right corker to put him off signing.

Well hopefully whatever it was, the board can come back with a new offer and meet him halfway. If for nothing else than to piss MJC off.

EDIT: I tend to agree its too early in the window for Faddy to sign short term for us, he has to give it the full window to see what transpires, I have no doubt that he would have played for us if the SPL rules allowed Trialists

McCall said quite specifically it was a financial issue in todays press conference some of which I've tried to convey below:

spoke to James on Friday

good football chat and he was open

James spoke to higher people, outcome not favourable

back in training

money side didnt add up

MFCtv well worth a few quid a month todays press conference

no signings before tomorrow, be nice to get before next thursday

up top and wide areas we're as strong as we are

certainly need a centre midfielder

board we willing to stump up an amount for James and its not been enough

He's in training again

Dont think they'll be anything else done

was only until the next window

saying that we have lads like McHugh who done really well and it was hard to leave him out on Saturday

I dont even want Faddy to sign anymore because I love the guy.

I want him to sign just so all those doubters can suck it!!

I reckon Murphy and Hutch will go after the Levante games, Faddy will sign tomorrow AND one or two others join. 3 in 3 out!!

"edited to add Devlin into one of the 3 out before any wido jumps in"

• Like 1

Paul Caddis is being forced out of Swindon, a few clubs in Scotland looking to take him on loan.

Would be nice if one was us, but I'm guessing we're not involved.

:lol: This place will explode if we sign another right back.

What we need is some kind benefactor like John Boyle or similar, who can see offering Faddy 5k a week for a years contract, would be a shrewd investment, if they had a clause that let Faddy go at the Christmas window. They get any money from that transfer, which covers their outlay. Win win situation. We get Faddy for six months to help us consolidate in the top six, and he gets his money back probably with interest. Is there any entrepenuer reading this?

What we need is some kind benefactor like John Boyle or similar, who can see offering Faddy 5k a week for a years contract, would be a shrewd investment, if they had a clause that let Faddy go at the Christmas window. They get any money from that transfer, which covers their outlay. Win win situation. We get Faddy for six months to help us consolidate in the top six, and he gets his money back probably with interest. Is there any entrepenuer reading this?

If anyone on here wins the lotto at the weekend, DO THIS !

Paul Caddis is being forced out of Swindon, a few clubs in Scotland looking to take him on loan.

Would be nice if one was us, but I'm guessing we're not involved.

Matt Jarvis being sold to West Ham for £10.75m, so we can sell Wolves Humphrey for £5m as his replacement! - We all know that Humph is better than Jarvis - Dazzer should be able to confirm this due to his close proximity to Wolverhampton!!!

Get Caddis in on loan, who if my mind serves me right, played RM for Utd when he was on loan there a few years back and everyone is a winner!!!!!!!!!! :whistling::whistling: