2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

clarkson coming home.source his wee cousin on twitter!

Do not think so somehow. We are well served for strikers. Unless the club knew Murphy was offski.

I am more concerned at those who could leave the club than anyone coming in. Randolph, Murphy, Humphrey, Hutchison + Law are on the at risk list.

Would have liked that wee Jambo barsteward as we are needing a replacement for Jennings. Needs his head examined going back to Tynecastle. Would like to know if we were really that close to signing him ot paper/media talk.

Other than that I am perfectly happy with our Squad. Last night proved we actually have a little strength in depth.

Hopefully with Europe behind us we can get back to concentrating on the SPL and League cup :cheers:

So we miss out on Ryan "I'll never play for hearts again" Stevenson. We only lost 3 first team players last season, craggs, Clancy and Jenno. Craggs we knew wasn't going to last forever. Ramsden in for Clancy. No one in for Jennings. But add in the 3/4 young lads who look like making a name for themselves this year and.........what's the f***ing panic? Relegation? Come on.

That's all well and good, but you're meant to strengthen during the summer, not replace one and hope the kids can replace the rest.

:lol: Honestly, we've played what, four games? 3 draws and a win? In the midst of dealing with Champions League/Europa travels and games.

Here's something, I'll bet you whatever you want to bet that we'll finish ten points clear of whoever finishes bottom, easily.

The squad is no thinner than it has been in the past, we've lost Jennings, Craigan and Clancy, which is a blow, but besides that, we've brought in Kerr and Ramsden, Cummins has stepped up to the first team squad.

Feel free to knee-jerk away, but the squad is the same as it has been, with no difference. Given that the same spine of the squad has provided the same level of performance over the past few years, is that really a gamble?

20 points clear. Easily. We'll finish the season comfortably in the top 4, purely because even as things stand, over the course of a season we're one of the 4 best sides in the league.

Obviously Celtic will be champions, with the next 3 places being Hearts, United and ourselves in any order.

Do not think so somehow. We are well served for strikers. Unless the club knew Murphy was offski.

I am more concerned at those who could leave the club than anyone coming in. Randolph, Murphy, Humphrey, Hutchison + Law are on the at risk list.

Would have liked that wee Jambo barsteward as we are needing a replacement for Jennings. Needs his head examined going back to Tynecastle. Would like to know if we were really that close to signing him ot paper/media talk.

Other than that I am perfectly happy with our Squad. Last night proved we actually have a little strength in depth.

Hopefully with Europe behind us we can get back to concentrating on the SPL and League cup :cheers:

EDIT: Computer taking on a life of its own and double posting.

I see rumours that Paddy McCourt to Hibs. Would be a good signing for them.

That's all well and good, but you're meant to strengthen during the summer, not replace one and hope the kids can replace the rest.

Given the happenings over the last 3 months is anyone surprised though? Mccall had to cut the wage bill by 200k before all that and presumably his budget has been cut further (albeit, not as bad as first thought) since. If you look at other SPL clubs, who has actually strengthened? Hibs and aberdeen maybe? 11th and 9th last season. I would have liked us to sign stevenson as he is a good player but I wouldnt be breaking the bank for him.

I'm not saying were going to meet the heights of champions league football again but our squad as it is is more than capable of a respectable season, given we have only really lost jennings.

I know he doesn't get 100% adoration on these boards but I think we would really miss Hatley if he was off. He might not be the best RB we have ever had, but he's solid, dependable and consistent.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the first names on McCalls team sheet every week.

* The above opinion is in relation to Tam Hately Right Back, not Tam Hately midfielder.

** However you want to spell his surname!:P