Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

Let's not forget the 10%+ that could be lost if a newco Rangers are playing in the SPL. A corrupt league is not an attractive prospect in anyone's book.

No, but a legit race for 2nd would certainly make things more interesting. It stands to reason that we would see more fans interested if that happens.

A more competitive league won't do any harm, that's for sure.

we didn't even get 5000 fans in for a 3pm saturday kick off that had huge champions league implications.

Does it really matter if they were there, if the tickets are sold? we keep getting told season ticket sales are up year on year so we must be at around 5k with them and PATG punters by now

folk are referring to a boost in interest and sales, are you really saying there will be no boost at all if Rangers are found guilty of some quite exceptional rule breaking and are dealt with, at least as harshly, as other clubs who got nowhere near the benefits they did from their alleged corruption?

no boost from a more competitive league ( McCall was wrong :angry: )

no boost on the ongoing growth of local families choosing MFC over Rangers/Tic

no boost from folk fretting over a league verging on declaring itself corruptible

the 10% might have been clutched from the sky but you really think an honest punishment for the crimes listed would have a negative effect on our crowds?

1338722516[/url]' post='344077']

how do you come that to conculsion?

Not sure why all of the above comments are about well, i think it has been established that good season or bad we have one of more static hardcore supports in the spl. Hearts, Aberdeen, Utd, Hibs and probably killie would all see a greater increase in crowns were the league to be more compentative and financially balanced. But actually, if pushed i'd say we'd see a reasonable increase of at least 10% also. Depending on what was happening with rangers all west coast clubs would also see a direct transfer of support from locals who previously went to ibrox, but still want a pint and a game.

In any case, it's just a guess and clear speculation. That's all we can do when dealing in hypotheticals. It's obvious that significant games draw crowds - maybe it would be easier if you explained your objection?

There is one sticking point though that makes all this fanciful.

While the vast majority of supporters want to see Rangers punished properly, the high heid yins are bricking it, and by that I mean the chairmen of every club in the SPL and the heirarchy at SFA and SPL headquarters.

Regardless of the soundbites McCall, Webster, and Weir spout, you can put your house on Motherwell voting a Newco back into the SPL.

If Rangers get suspended or thrown out on Friday, some hope, they will appeal to CAS, the only place left for them. CAS have a backlog of 18 months or so, that means that any punishment will be suspended till the case can be heard. Rangers will be back in the SPL next season as if nothing ever happened. By the time the CAS gets round to hearing the case a compromise will have been reached and we'll be back where we started.

I dont believe any SPL club will vote against the Newco, maybe Celtic but only if Rangers are safe.

Motherwell will bend over and take it up the boys gate, like the rest of the SPL.

See you guys - IMO fortunately you won't be missed in the grand scheme - we've lost supporters throughout the years, who have decided not to go for whatever reason and held our core support - like losing players we've survived before and will again.

Couldn't care less what happens with Rangers (NEWCO, OLDCO, CVA) my love is and always will be Motherwell FC and nothing, but nothing will change that, or my financial backing to the club.

The league has been corrupt and one-sided since its formation and has actively favoured the Brothers Grimm - only now its in the open. Deal with it and if you feel the need to walk away then do so, but give it rest telling us time and time again that your going to - or are you trying to convince yourself that its the best thing to do.

• Like 7

See you guys - IMO fortunately you won't be missed in the grand scheme - we've lost supporters throughout the years, who have decided not to go for whatever reason and held our core support - like losing players we've survived before and will again.

Couldn't care less what happens with Rangers (NEWCO, OLDCO, CVA) my love is and always will be Motherwell FC and nothing, but nothing will change that, or my financial backing to the club.

The league has been corrupt and one-sided since its formation and has actively favoured the Brothers Grimm - only now its in the open. Deal with it and if you feel the need to walk away then do so, but give it rest telling us time and time again that your going to - or are you trying to convince yourself that its the best thing to do.

Bend over and take it up the arse again bitch

• Like 3

Bend over and take it up the arse again bitch

Why don't you just give it to me big boy - or are you not up for it.

I will and I'll enjoy every last minute, same as I have for the last 45 years. But you mate can take your principles and shove them where the sun don't shine, better still nip off and join the Green Brigade, because its plain that your heart doesn't really lie here - they'll no doubt welcome you and your principles with open arms.

Time for you and others with similar views to either put up or shut up - don't wanna come back - don't let the door smack you on the arse on the way out, support like yours won't be missed.

Albion Rovers have not lost their core support either. It's just much, much smaller than it used to be. At least your way, you will know the other 'core supporters' personally. Thankfully it will be such an intimate affair, you will know each other by touch. You wont be hindered by the massive pair of blinkers you are wearing.

• Like 3

Why don't you just give it to me big boy - or are you not up for it.

I will and I'll enjoy every last minute, same as I have for the last 45 years. But you mate can take your principles and shove them where the sun don't shine, better still nip off and join the Green Brigade, because its plain that your heart doesn't really lie here - they'll no doubt welcome you and your principles with open arms.

Time for you and others with similar views to either put up or shut up - don't wanna come back - don't let the door smack you on the arse on the way out, support like yours won't be missed.

*Caution*

"Better fan than you" alert

That's until we draw Dynamo Kiev and somehow these superfans won't be there. It'll just be left to those who aren't welcome at Fir Park to go.

ADS storm over Ukraine

Albion Rovers have not lost their core support either. It's just much, much smaller than it used to be. At least your way, you will know the other 'core supporters' personally. Thankfully it will be such an intimate affair, you will know each other by touch. You wont be hindered by the massive pair of blinkers you are wearing.

Ha Ha your logic is as sound as those who suggest Scottish Football couldn't survive without Rangers. It will survive and so will MFC when you and the other vocal minority withdraw their support.

Albion Rovers core support is little short of 250, its been that way since I started watching football (my mate used to be season ticket holder and won the 50-50 7 weeks running)

Ours has been a little more, but rarely over 5,000. Crowds in excess of that figure tended to be boosted by large travelling supports. Our core support, despite how important you think you are to that number. will I doubt fall below that level.

Enjoy your Saturday, Sundays or whatever in the future.

I'll be looking for someone to take over this site if we officially back a NEWCO as well... any takers? Only diehard true 'well fans need apply (aka the ones that don't care about the integrity of our game)

• Like 2

*Caution*

"Better fan than you" alert

That's until we draw Dynamo Kiev and somehow these superfans won't be there. It'll just be left to those who aren't welcome at Fir Park to go.

ADS storm over Ukraine

Sorry mate can't make it already - on holiday. You going?

I'll be looking for someone to take over this site if we officially back a NEWCO as well... any takers? Only diehard true 'well fans need apply (aka the ones that don't care about the integrity of our game)

If you lend me 200 quid, I'll buy it off you for... say, 200 quid?

How can people "put up or shut up" when there are no games on for them not to attend? Also, nothing's actually happened yet so why is it time for people to do something?

• Like 1