Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

I don't like the wording of the Club Statement. It suggests they will be voting to allow a newco back into SPL.

On moral grounds alone they have to come out and say "No", otherwise they will be condoning the activities of RFC. Let's see a bit of steel from the Steelmen. Let's lead here by example and don't wait behind closed doors and announce "It is a majority decision of all SPL clubs". Show some honesty, integrity and balls by announcing we will be voting No now. You will get plenty of praise from the rest of Scottish football and from the Well fans.

The interests of the club are to listen to the supporters and don't allow this newco back into the SPL.

I have been a fan for many many years and I will not renew my season ticket or attend any SPL games if the Board votes Yes. I have been holding off renewing my season ticket until the decision is announced. I will be behind the club at the CL qualifiers and cup games, but I will not be back to any SPL games if this newco is allowed to stay in the league.

I for one will not miss their sectarianism or tribalism at Fir Park if they get voted out.

AvOTTCqCEAE2E24.jpg

Big thx to @RabBryson for pic

I see your point Jim. Regardless of whether it ever gets to a vote or however it pans out the board of Motherwell FC can stand up and be counted by making it known how they stand on the subject. They do not have apportion blame or insinuate guilt merely state that " if any team, regardless of stature or financial influence, are forced into liquidation and reform as a new version of the old club then that new version of the club must star afresh from the bottom and work their way up to the SPL.

Any comments on a vote can only be relevant to where a newco rangers should start. A Vote has no connection to the crimes Rangers may or may not have commited. The SFA/SPL are the ones who need to determine if Rangers are guilty of any crimes and punish accordingly. With repect to that, they owe an update on what Rangers punishment is to replace the "illegal" transfer embargo plus they need to determine what punishment to apply ( per FIFA directive ) for going to court. i think there may be a couple of other items in the works still to be determined if Rangers are guilty of as well.

Just curious Fatcalf, how many of them do you think have already renewed their season tickets?thumbup.gifph34r.gif

Wouldn't like to say, I know 4 who have already, all in my house. Not renewing was never in my thoughts, I don't do boycotts, certainly not before I know the full extent of the situation. Once it all pans out I'll decide how I proceedbut at the moment I have no intention whatsoever of missing out on the fothcoming Champions League campaign. If nothing else, like many others, I deserve to revel in the glory of a remarkable achievement for all the wonderful support I've given this club over the last 40-odd years. What happens after that is entirely down to the club and whether they value that support we've all given over many years, not to mention the future, ahead of cold hard cash.

• Like 1

Personally I can see them coming straight back into the SPL straight away, but with a hefty penalty so that they have no chance of winning the League for 3 years (which will nicely coincide with the UEFA Euro ban).

Start on -33 points for the next 3 years, a reminder to them that every team in the League has one up on them from the outset.

Would prefer they went back to the 3rd Division however, to shut their fans up a bit.

Their fans would rather go to Division 3 than accept any sanction

alot of the Rangers fans i know are saying "we'd rather got to Div 3 " -

so if that is the case - why are their board not listening to them??????????????????

although they say that - they then have to tarnish it with sly digs - so im happy to say see you later then, go to Div 3 - you wont be missed!!

they cant understand that fans of other clubs dont want them - they cant understand that the league only becomes uncompetitive for Celtic, for everyone else there is a chance to acquire additional points

as someone else pointed out - every other club has fans who want to "SAVE" their club - this mob want to FIGHT!! and blame everyone else.............:wank:

I'd like to see them in Division 3, not because of penalties, not because I hate them with a passion (although I do) but because of fairness according to what I've always believed the situation to be with clubs going out of business.

I've always had the impression, though I may be wrong, that the situation is simple. If a club goes out of business, a place is consequently available in the senior leagues. Everyone from below that team shuffles up to fill that space, and there is therfore a place available in the bottom league. If people choose to start a new club to replace the dead one, they can then apply along with any other interested clubs for that place in Division 3. Letting the resurrected version of that rotting foetid corpse straight back into the SPL for financial reasons would therefore be making a special case for them that wouldn't apply to anyone else (except their green alter ego, if my dreams came true and they also imploded).

If I am not being too simplistic and if it is as simple as this, then I'm just wondering if there would be legal challenges from lower down the leagues. Would Dundee have a case for saying that in any other similar situation they would have come up to the SPL to fill the place? Would, for example, some of the bigger junior sides have a case for saying that they are being denied a chance to apply for a place in the senior leagues?

It's a mess, and the only way to draw a line under it and move Scottish football on towards next season is to treat a newco as a completely new club and let them join the others in applying to join at the bottom level. Sure, the SPL clubs would suffer financially, but that is the hard situation Murray has left us in, and we have to accept that.

• Like 3

#SPL not yet received application for Newco. When they do, they'll set date for a vote. It'll be around 2 weeks after application. #Rangers @BBCchrismclaug

This should be IF they do,

Somehow I don't see HMRC allowing all the assests to be sold for 5.5 Million.

I'll be mmaking a bid for Murry Park if i get the Euro millions up soon :evilgrin:

• Like 1

I know we have a big thread on what the board's reaction to the Rangers situation should be.

But I wanted to add a very simple and straightforward poll to capture exactly what the opinion is, no ifs buts or maybes, just a simple Yes or No to a Newco Rangers.

How should Motherwell FC vote if they were to represent the fans view (or at least those fans on steelmen online!)

I've always had the impression, though I may be wrong, that the situation is simple. If a club goes out of business, a place is consequently available in the senior leagues. Everyone from below that team shuffles up to fill that space, and there is therfore a place available in the bottom league. If people choose to start a new club to replace the dead one, they can then apply along with any other interested clubs for that place in Division 3.

So Airdire get liquidated and are only in the league because they bought over Clydebank. Then they moved Clydebank and renamed them. This allowed them back into the SFL and Clydebank were no more. If a Newco could've been started and granted access to the SFL, why didn't they go down this route?

One explanation I have heard is that one of the criteria for access to the SFL is 3 years of accounts.

If this is indeed the case, Rangers shouldn't even get into the SFL.

Gretna, bust and liquidated and kicked out of the SFL. No option for setting up a Newco in the 3rd Division.

So if Rangers do get into either the SFL or the SPL it's definitely case of one rule for two and one for the other 40.

Doncaster said that clubs in England start as Newco's all the time without punishment.

Darlington have just reformed as Newco, leaving there debt with the old company and have been relegated 4 divisions.

No matter what the Doncaster\SPL\SFA\SFL think precedents have already been set.

It should be a resounding No to Newco in the SPL.

The SFL should say No on grounds of criteria not being met.

The SFA should save everyone the hassle and go for the option that was open to them first time around and expel them from Scottish Football.

As for Doncaster he needs to start negotiating the best deal he can get with Sky\ESPN or tell them to go stuff themselves and bring football back to the masses.

By Masses, I mean those of us that care about Scottish Football, not the Blue nose types who believe they have a given right.

• Like 1

I'd like to see them in Division 3, not because of penalties, not because I hate them with a passion (although I do) but because of fairness according to what I've always believed the situation to be with clubs going out of business.

I've always had the impression, though I may be wrong, that the situation is simple. If a club goes out of business, a place is consequently available in the senior leagues. Everyone from below that team shuffles up to fill that space, and there is therfore a place available in the bottom league. If people choose to start a new club to replace the dead one, they can then apply along with any other interested clubs for that place in Division 3. Letting the resurrected version of that rotting foetid corpse straight back into the SPL for financial reasons would therefore be making a special case for them that wouldn't apply to anyone else (except their green alter ego, if my dreams came true and they also imploded).

If I am not being too simplistic and if it is as simple as this, then I'm just wondering if there would be legal challenges from lower down the leagues. Would Dundee have a case for saying that in any other similar situation they would have come up to the SPL to fill the place? Would, for example, some of the bigger junior sides have a case for saying that they are being denied a chance to apply for a place in the senior leagues?

It's a mess, and the only way to draw a line under it and move Scottish football on towards next season is to treat a newco as a completely new club and let them join the others in applying to join at the bottom level. Sure, the SPL clubs would suffer financially, but that is the hard situation Murray has left us in, and we have to accept that.

I agree with this post, however under normal circumstances it is normally the relegated team who gets the stay of execution. Therefore, Dunfermline would probably take the place of Rangers.

Start on -33 points for the next 3 years, a reminder to them that every team in the League has one up on them from the outset.

That points penalty could easily lead to relegation for Rangers if they don't hang on their stars. Would be kinda funny to see them marooned at the bottom of the league for an entire season.

It has to be no from me. This is a sport, it's a game, it's not a money making exercise. The business side exists for the purpose of the allowing the sport to continue - not the other way around. Take away the sporting integrity and all you are left with is a business that is at best a way to loose money.

If you let them back in then you are saying it's ok to cheat. Not only that but he game is rigged to keep the ugly sisters in their vile business.

• Like 9

That's an interesting point, and something that may be pertinent....

I think everyone is agreed that Rangers should be punished for their actions, but until the SPL are asked to vote on a Newco and announce what sanctions, if any, will apply, we won't know exactly where their punishment is best served.

If they are in the SPL but severely hampered, then that may be a harsher existence for them than starting in the SFL again where they'll more than likely be the big fish for 3 years.

I'm not saying that they should remain in the SPL, but until all of the implications are known then it's hard to say how revenge is best served.