Champions League Simplified

B.K.

Am I right in saying that we could play at the same Stadium that the Euro 2012 Final will be held if we go to Kiev?

Yip. The Olimpiskiy National Stadium. Hell of a reward for the boys for a good season, to play in a stadium of that magnitude. :cheers:

Noe that the Sc Cup final is over, we swithc attention to the Champions League Final.

I appreciate that Bayern winning means no chnage, but what exactly is the impact of Chelsea winning? Braga and the Moscow side move out of our seeded teams and one non seede team steps up? If so who is that likely to be?

Noe that the Sc Cup final is over, we swithc attention to the Champions League Final.

I appreciate that Bayern winning means no chnage, but what exactly is the impact of Chelsea winning? Braga and the Moscow side move out of our seeded teams and one non seede team steps up? If so who is that likely to be?

Looking at the league tables still to complete - and how they stand now. If Chelsea win the Champions League then the following should be seeded

Dynamo Kyiv

Fenerbahce**

Panothanikos*

Club Brugge**

Teams that could come runner up in their league that could change this are AEK Athens (Greece) and FC Copenhagan (Denmark).

*Not confirmed qualifier.

** May not be seeded if Bayern win

Way too many if's but's and maybe's, best bury your face in a good bottle of single malt mate and wait till things have been confirmed.

only the 8 permatations remaining.....

pana from greece. nords from denmark

bayern win - spartak, braga, kiev, fenerbahce, panathanikos

chelsea win - kiev, fenerbahce, panathanikos, brugges.

aek from greece. nords from denmark

bayern win - spartak, braga, kiev, fenerbahce, brugges,

chelsea win - kiev, fenerbahce, brugges, aek

pana from greece. copenhagen from denmark

bayern - spartak, braga, kiev, copenhagen, fenerbahce

chelsea - kiev, copenhagen, fenerbahce, panathanikos

aek from greece. copenhagen from denmark.

bayern - spartak, braga, kiev, fenerbahce, copenhagen

chelsea - kiev, copenhagen, fenerbahace, brugges.

there is only one scenario where chelsea win and brugges aren't an option so i'll be supporting chelski tonight :O

Best Scenario I can think of right now for the above is

Bayern win tonight

AEK Athens wins tomorrow

Copenhagen win the league

This would give a seeded pot of

Sporting Braga

Dynamo Kyiv

Spartak Moscow

Fenerbahce

Club Brugge

Swap Brugge with Copenhagen if Copenhagen come runner up.

Swap Brugge with PANO if PANO beat AEK tomorrow.

Swap Brugge and Fenerbahce with PANO and Copenhagen if PANO win and Copenhagen come second.

In other words there will always be either a Greek team or a Turkish team in the seeded pot.

Also why did I just do that when Steelboy worked it all out :doh:

From @splstats on twitter

Motherwell's potential CL opponents are now Dynamo Kyiv, Fenerbahce and 2 of Panathinaikos/Copenhagen/Brugge/Steaua Bucharest/AEK Athens.

The Greek place will be decided tomorrow night - Panathinaikos host AEK Athens and just need a draw. An AEK win would see them qualify.

From @splstats on twitter

Motherwell's potential CL opponents are now Dynamo Kyiv, Fenerbahce and 2 of Panathinaikos/Copenhagen/Brugge/Steaua Bucharest/AEK Athens.

The Greek place will be decided tomorrow night - Panathinaikos host AEK Athens and just need a draw. An AEK win would see them qualify.

What about FC Nordsjælland ??????? One point behind Copenhagen with 2 to play tomorrow and Wed

FC Vaslui 67 pts are in 2nd place with one game to go(against Universitatea Cluj-Napoca 8th place )and could over take FC Cluj 1st place 70pts who play Steaua 65pts 3rd pl;ace

Currennt coefficents

31Dinamo Kiev

40Panathinaikos

44FC København

53Fenerbahçe

61Club Brugge

76Steaua Bucuresti

83AEK Athens

101CFR Cluj

121FC Vaslui

173FC Nordsjælland

189Motherwell

So on my reckoning now with Chelski winning the Cup we are off to

Ukraine,Turkey Greece or Belgium

Unless FC Nordsjælland win the Dansh league it will be FC København instead ofClub Brugge...

Will re asses this post when sober tomorow

CONFIRMED SEEDED

Dynamo Kyiv 62.026

Fenerbache 41.310

CONFIRMED UNSEEDED

Motherwell 6.728

Feyenoord 12.603

UNKNOWN

Belgium:

Club Brugge 35.480

Greece:

Panathinaikos 50.920

AEK Athens 24.420

Denmark:

FC Copenhagen 46.505

FC Nordsjaelland 8.005

Romania:

Steaua Bucharest 26.764

FC Vaslui 13.764

MOST LIKELY

SEEDED

Dynamo Kyiv 62.026

Fenerbache 41.310

Club Brugge 35.480

Panathinaikos 50.920 or AEK Athens 24.420

UNSEEDED

FC Vaslui 13.764

Feyenoord 12.603

FC Nordsjaelland 8.005

Motherwell 6.728

Furthermore SC Braga and Spartak Moscow will be 2 of 5 seeded teams in the playoff round.

Malaga, Borussia Monchengladbach and ourselves would be unseeded

BOOM