Champions League Simplified

B.K.

I'd like to add in that we would have a decent chance of going through against Brugge because they are shite.

How shite are Club Brugge? I genuinley don't know. Im guessing they are the champions of Belgium and not a runners up place??

Would champions of Belgium be any more shite than champions of Scotland, and how is our record against champions of Scotland??

Brugge would be my personal choice also ................ more options to get there.

Took the train all the way from Elgin to Nancy, and wouldn't hesitate to do so to Brugge. No sitting about airports for hours on end. Would even consider the Hull Zeebrugge ferry. Did the Utrecht trip on ferry from Newcastle, a great way to travel and reasonably cheap.

Just need to wait and see ................. nightmare 8 week wait. :wallbash:

Anderlecht were pretty clear winners of the Jupiler League. Club Brugge were runners-up, but they were not up to much at all. I would reckon if we played well against them we would have more than a decent chance of doing something against them. The standards of the Belgian and Scottish leagues aren't that different. The Eredivisie here in Holland isn't of that great a standard either.

I'd love to visit Athens, although never thought it would be to watch Motherwell!! :lol:

Copenhagen or brugges would be cheapest to get to (although I believe both are expensive when there?).

been to Athens for the Liverpool Milan Champ Lge final, been to Kiev for a Scotland game.............dont fancy either for Motherwell, especially in that heat

has to be Denmark or Belgium for me...........slim chace of us getting that one, but its the one I really hope for

On another note.......and to add to the endless permutations already here.....................if we lose this game, we go into the Europa Lge - what teams could we face? am i correct in assuing its the playoff round?

Yes, we fall into the Europa Lge, where again we will be unseeded.

However, the list will be huge of the teams we can possibly face.

Until the day of the draw, where those teams will be narrowed down to sections containing 10 teams (5 seeds and 5 non-seeds).

As when we drew Odense, we were put in a group containing Man City, Villarreal, Dinamo Zagreb, Odense and one other.

The current big names that we could possibly draw in the Europa Lge contain: Liverpool, Spurs, Atletico Madrid, Sporting Lisbon, Napoli, Lazio, PSV etc.

Yes, we fall into the Europa Lge, where again we will be unseeded.

However, the list will be huge of the teams we can possibly face.

Until the day of the draw, where those teams will be narrowed down to sections containing 10 teams (5 seeds and 5 non-seeds).

As when we drew Odense, we were put in a group containing Man City, Villarreal, Dinamo Zagreb, Odense and one other.

The current big names that we could possibly draw in the Europa Lge contain: Liverpool, Spurs, Atletico Madrid, Sporting Lisbon, Napoli, Lazio, PSV etc.

Sorry if this sounds pedantic but I'm asking in case things have changed. Does Atletico Madrid not go straight in to the group stage because they are holders?

Being a traditionalist, I'm still trying to get my head round why there isn't just a big pot of the teams that make it through to the 3rd round which is split into seeded or non-seeded and then drawn. It seems mental that they can work out a group of teams who will be drawn against each other in the third round months before they've even started the first round. Way too complicated for me so thanks to the guys who have been working it out.

Does anyone know when the draw is? Do we still have to complete the second round before the draw is made resulting in the crazy rush with less than one week's notice before travelling to try and make arrangements? I take it there's no chance they draw our section earlier seeing as they'll know the teams involved pretty shortly?

Anyway, hopefully Brugges or Copenhagen for me.

Does anyone know when the draw is? Do we still have to complete the second round before the draw is made resulting in the crazy rush with less than one week's notice before travelling to try and make arrangements? I take it there's no chance they draw our section earlier seeing as they'll know the teams involved pretty shortly?

Draw date 20 July 2012

We don't need the Second Round to be completed to find out who we're playing as we're in the First Round of Non-Champions can enter.

Also note Celtic are not so lucky as their draw is done at the same time, but the second round is not completed until after the draw for the third round.

There is a minimum 11 days between the draw and the first leg. There is then 2-3 days between the second leg and the Play-Off Draw for both the Champions League and Europa League, with another 11-13 days between drawn and first leg depending on which tournament and which day we play.