Champions League Simplified

B.K.

Panathinaikos are in my opinion a weaker team than FCK. The greeks have been beaten both by FCK and us (OB) in recent seasons, and beaten convincingly.

Greek football is in steep decline, and running out of money, whereas FCKs second place-finish must be seen as something of a fluke. They will be replacing their coach, and making expensive purchases over the summer and come qualification time they will most likely be a force to be reckoned with.

Fernerbache and Kiev are teams that would give anyone a hard time.

I would rate them thus:

1 Fenerbache

2 Kiev

3 FCK

4 Panathnaikos.

Odense was a great trip. The people were very friendly and welcoming. The last minute free kick goal by Hately made a huge difference. The away goal gave us hope and a good night as oppose to losing 2-0.

A lot of people have talked about the situation in Greece and Panathanaikos being a weaker team. But I suspect even a weaker team will be a tall ask. My 2 preferences are Copenhagen and the Geeks, followed by Kiev and a distant 4th Fenerbahce.

Uncle how di you rate your chances at Euro 2012?

Odense was a great trip. The people were very friendly and welcoming. The last minute free kick goal by Hately made a huge difference. The away goal gave us hope and a good night as oppose to losing 2-0.

A lot of people have talked about the situation in Greece and Panathanaikos being a weaker team. But I suspect even a weaker team will be a tall ask. My 2 preferences are Copenhagen and the Geeks, followed by Kiev and a distant 4th Fenerbahce.

Uncle how di you rate your chances at Euro 2012?

We (Odense) beat Panathinaikos in this seasons CL-qualification, despite having a team that is significantly weaker than the one you met two years ago.

FCK met them in the group stages in CL in 10-11 and slaughtered them 2-0 away and 3-1 at home, which is not an accurate potrayal of the one-sidedness of the the two games. (but FCK was a lot stronger then than now)

FCK are by no means unbeatable, but they are coming down from a very dissapointing season, and their economical balance depends on a CL-qualification. If I were to compare FCK and Pana right now, it would be 60-40 in strength, but there is no way FCK will not come out of the transfer window strengthened. Their future as an scandinavian powerhouse could depend on it.

I hope they f*** it up, though. They have become something of a danish Rosenborg, or Celtic, leaving the rest of us to fight for scraps. Their failure to win the league this year (despite at one point having been 12 points ahead of the eventual winners, FCN) comes down to arrogance, and poor decisions from management. (Including sacking their coach, when they were four points ahead, and replacing him with the inept sporting director):D

As for Denmarks chance in the Euros, I would rate them somewhere around slilm to non-existing. We should hope for a win against Portugal, which is no easy feat, and the for a draw against either Netherlands or Germany, in a game where the opponent have already gone through to the final 16, and hope it will be enough to advance. I doubt it, though.

Too many pages to read through but I never realised ( til now ) that we have 2 shots at getting to the group stages of one of the euro tournaments. if we win our first tie then we are guranteed group stages of at least europa league. If we don't win that tie then we have another game to get to the group stages of europa. DAMN! thats scary how close we are to a real european adventure.

Apolgies for not paying closer attention!

Dammit Jenno just sign the damn thing!

• Like 3

£7 a pint :mellow:

a poor mans amsterdam :nod:

it was fuckin rank,lets get something that will keep you on yer toe's :nod:

If you paid 7£ a pint, you must have wandered into The Odense Hilton by mistake and ordered the pint with little pieces of gold floating in it. You must have been drinking in the wrong venue my friend.

I would have severe trouble finding a place in Odense charging more than 5£ a pint, and I lived there for 30 years :whistling:

If you paid 7£ a pint, you must have wandered into The Odense Hilton by mistake and ordered the pint with little pieces of gold floating in it. You must have been drinking in the wrong venue my friend.

I would have severe trouble finding a place in Odense charging more than 5£ a pint, and I lived there for 30 years :whistling:

after doing iceland and norway the weeks before i just took it was the norm for £7 a pint

3fc0157c.jpg

Sort of sad I know.........................but.................

I am liking watching Sky Sports News at the moment, with the summary banner down the rights hand of the screen. From time to time it shows Motherwell FC under Champions League when it gets to 2011/12 SPL summary. Frightening though when you see the other leagues Champion League sides B-)

Very enjoyable night before the game, and a fun day in the sun at Ryan's until some eejits tried to ruin it. Locals were excellent company. A long long walk to the stadium burstin for a pisss tho.

The can of the local Odense lager took my mind off bursting for a piss :laugh: .

It gave me a belter of a sare heed for about 20 minutes of the first half though.

I had a great time in Odense and found the locals very friendly. My one memory of the Danish language is the word "Slutspurt" which appeared on posters in shop windows all over the place. It turned out it means Sale but my puerile mind found it hilarious after a few refreshments.

Slightly off topic but

Sky bet have us priced at 2000/1 to win the champions league!

I thought that was quite short priced maybe they know something we don't! Maybe messi is scared for the 'arc??

:)

I'm sure I once saw jimmy nail at 500/1 and ant and dec 1000/1 for the Newcastle managers job.

:lol:

Always find it strange they can put a figure on such things!!