Everton

dmacd1

1-1 Full Time, as Ojamaa misses a half-chance to win it with the last kick of the ball. Decent work out for most of our key players, certainly wasn't the pedestrian kick about that these things can often be. Centre of defence still looking a bit weak, though.

Just seen this on an Everton forum

bainesontoast

Player Valuation: £900k Join DateJul 2011

It's worth remembering Motherwell are a Champions League side and the highest level opposition we've faced in pre-season yet.

B-)

Enjoyable afternoon. Plenty of options going forward and we put together some lovely moves. Obviously struggling at the back with crossed balls continuing to cause havoc.

Peach of a goal from Law and he was unlucky not to get a 2nd. Faddy and Ojammaa up front together was such a tease.

Fairly impressed with Ramsden. Good at playing the ball out from the back and appears to have a knack of getting a toe in to break up play. As McCall says, not really a centre half but he would be a useful addition. Wonder what the script with Fraser Kerr is?

Good to see Hetherington as well, I've got a good feeling about this boy.

Decent enough game with a surprisingly competitive edge to it considering how these games can end in a bit of a tame love in.

What stood out for me.

Ojamma looks a fair bit off match fit with wrong decisions at times and poor finishing, still early though but needs to be a lot more alert for the panathinaikos game.

Murphy where did you disappear to?

Las strolled through the game and was simply just himself.

Higdon well hes marmite isnt he you either love him or hate him, typical day for him.

Humph looks improved better use of the ball and better crossing 1 of our main threats today.

Ramsden did well enough but you didn't have to be a rocket scientist to see the central defence was very patchwork.

Nicky law looks like being the new jennings a lot of the play was influenced by him and a STOATER of a goal.

On the goal conceded was very very poor free header which was very tame and went in off the post, keeper well beaten and defence M.I.A.

So summed up we are very rusty but competed well with a much higher caliber team, don't want to read too much into theses games but much needed for the players to gain match fitness.

Oh and faddy back in a well top (im still tingling):notworthy:

Ps never new we hated Naismith quite as much :nod:

Nice to get back to talking about the football :woop:

• Like 1

Quite impressed with some of the passing and movement as we went forward today and we were unlucky not to score a couple more. I'd be a bit concerned about our finishing, at the level we need to be at to beat Panathinaikos we have to be putting away the chances that today went over the bar or past the post. Kerr that came on, is that Fraser Kerr from Birmingham? Whats the script with him? We taking a look? Hes very highly rated, i'd be delighted if we could get him in on loan.

Aye it tis great to be talkin about a game eh?

Been listening to Skippy commentating/being interviewed on the bbc thought the Well were doing ok, however Craigen just said we have a lot of injuries.....and how rangers need to be in spl....

The mob that were on all thought Motherwell will do ok against the greeks...except for craigen

No long to go now......

Nicky Laws goal was a scorcher, lost a fairly sloppy goal imo.

Kerr looked good as well as Cummins, Hollis was outstanding!

Overall an entertaining game for a fiver, somehow still got in for a child after my car keys fell out of my pocket ph34r.gif

Good job in supporting the club in it's time of need you tight, babyfaced goon.

Delighted to see Law in the middle with Lasley, the talk of Hateley sitting in the midfield scared me!! Good overall performance, Humphrey excellent as was Law and the young boys did ok, Kerr looks a good young player and Hollis is a perfectly good 2nd keeper!! Couldnt really fault anyone today apart from Daley whos contribution is to moan and cry at everyone whilst flattering to decieve at the same time.

Everton are a far better team than Panathaniakos so you just never know!!

• Like 1

Really enjoyed that game today.

Both teams could have scored 6 goals apiece. Draw probably about fair.

Thought the young lads equipped themselves very well. Cummins, Kerr, Hetherington and Francis Angol.

I was worried after the Raith game, but as hard as it is to judge in such a game as you are not sure what gear Everton were in....I must say I am a lot more optimistic after today. At times we played some very decent football. We got out of jail once or twice, but then so did Everton.

Great to see Faddy, but he did not look that much better than Murphy, Law or OJamma. Henrik looked a little off the pace, but still got himself into decent positions and with more match practice will hopefully kick on from last season.

Well done to Stevie Hammell. A decent turnout from Everton fans...