East Stand Queues Tonight

Toxteth O'Grady

and a significant amount of damaged seats in the East stand, still plenty of wallopers in our support then

Disappointing to hear, especially as it will cost the club a fair bit to repair them.

As for folk sitting in other's seats last night, there seemed to be a fair bit of that at the bottom of the East Stand from what I could see. Saw a few heated debates going on early in the game and a lot of folk ended up just standing in the aisles or up the back.

The seat damaging is idiotic. Any fans doing that should stay away in future because you will be costing the club more money that you are providing.

As for the queues I missed the first 10 minutes of the game. I have never saw queues like that before and that includes games with higher crowds than last night. having said that I missed the first 10 minutes because I wanted an extra beer. I was at the ground at 5 past 7 but went into the cooper for a beer. So there is no point me blaming anyone, I will just have to learn to be less greedy in future.

Lets be honest the east stand is a shit hole that should have been demolished years ago, its not fit for purpose anymore. But until we move from Fir park to a new stadium, or knock it down and replace it we have to live with it.

How many times in a season will there be long queues to get in to a game, unless we get to the CL or EL group stages i suspect that last night will be the 1 and only time.

We have to live with the fact that Fir Park is in the middle of a residential area, so you can't just randomly close roads etc to allow people to Q, so until we have a shiny new football stadium at the Craig, just turn up a bit earlier... Simples

• Like 1

and a significant amount of damaged seats in the East stand, still plenty of wallopers in our support then

That's the problem when a big game like this comes along, we attract those who see it as a one-off, and there was plenty of folk there who weren't even Motherwell fans. I saw three guys I know to be Rangers fans in the East stand, and whilst we certainly want (and need) their money, if it's going to cause instances like this you really need to ask if we want them following our club.

While we're moaning, the tannoys are still largely inaudible as well, and for the love of Christ will someone at the club have a word with the DJ about those fucking mash ups! Cringeworthy stuff.

I mentioned this on Shoutbox last night, but the tannoy sounded good on the internet stream.

Nevermind the East Stand queue's....why di the police stop all traffic in and around the stadium from the 85 minute till about 10 minutes after the game had finished? I had to make a sharp exit due to a lengthy journey home and didn't want to get caught in the inevitable bottle neck down towards the M74 at Strathclyde park. No other section of traffic had been held back and ended up stuck for ages.

the obvious thing to do with the east is CLOSE THE ROAD and have people que out the way as there is lots of space across the road.

We have the only stadium in the SPL that allows traffic on the road near it, surely the road should be closed from 2 til 3 then full time to half 5 or so on a saturday?

lol the burgers were rank but i ate it anyway and all the punters who got held up the turnstyles should have been better aranged but i was early but then couldnt even have a fag they need a smoking zone in the stadium even if its not in the stand makes me mad especially watch the mighty well not helping the stress :angry:

lol the burgers were rank but i ate it anyway and all the punters who got held up the turnstyles should have been better aranged but i was early but then couldnt even have a fag they need a smoking zone in the stadium even if its not in the stand makes me mad especially watch the mighty well not helping the stress :angry:

Heard talk last night of a smoking zone being discussed as a possibility...

When I got there at about 7, I went into the shop and spent a few bob but didn't bother going to the Cooper for a pint as I saw the queues for the East Stand and decided to get myself round to the South sharpish. No queues just walked straight in, pissed me off I can tell you. All the way up from Manchester yesterday afternoon and all the way back this morning without even a sniff at a beer.

The only thing that's pissing me off is the fact I managed to get down to Fir Park on time last night, got into the PoD without any hassles and there was no c**t sitting in my seat. So I've fuck all to moan about.

That probably means you were sitting in someone else's seat!

Was amazed to hear that was the East Stand Q right down past the POD last night, (thought it was for the Cooper)/

On another note, I got stopped by a Jobsworth and told I coud not take my camera into the ground !!!!! It was suggested to me to take it back to my car. Given my car was 200miles away I explained that woud be a tad difficult. She then decreed that she was going to confiscate it. I asked if she was going to confiscate my mobile phone too, as it has camera function, and everyone elses ?

She told me to wait there and headed off ...................... and so did I, into the ground.

Nothing worse than a shortass bitch with attitude, in a uniform :wallbash:

• Like 1

Heard talk last night of a smoking zone being discussed as a possibility...

Could always give you a little voucher at half time say and you stand outside the gates and to get back in give back said voicher. Although thankfully this was not in place last night. Would have went through a 10 deck at half time wi the nerves.

Was amazed to hear that was the East Stand Q right down past the POD last night, (thought it was for the Cooper)/

On another note, I got stopped by a Jobsworth and told I coud not take my camera into the ground !!!!! It was suggested to me to take it back to my car. Given my car was 200miles away I explained that woud be a tad difficult. She then decreed that she was going to confiscate it. I asked if she was going to confiscate my mobile phone too, as it has camera function, and everyone elses ?

She told me to wait there and headed off ...................... and so did I, into the ground.

Nothing worse than a shortass bitch with attitude, in a uniform :wallbash:

how big was your camera that didn't hide it in your pocket? :laugh:

We have the only stadium in the SPL that allows traffic on the road near it, surely the road should be closed from 2 til 3 then full time to half 5 or so on a saturday?

The club car park is in the school, cars need access to it, granted it could and should only be from one direction.

As for the polis holding up traffic, I left at 86 minutes to get to work, trying not to be late, there was no cunt on the road and the polis stopped me at the fir park cafe, I thought he was just letting the two folk cross the road, but kept us waiting for over half an hour. <_>