Boo Boys

ONeils40yarder

Since we're now at the start of a new season I was just wondering which player was going to be 'het' this season as target for the highly acclaimed Fir Park boo boys?

Last season we had Higdon getting slaughtered for playing up front himself and for not having the technique of Batistuta, surely it must be someone else's turn? It cannae be Forbes either because he's away, so it'll need to be somebody that's never had the treatment before.

I think we can rule out Randy, Hammell, Hutch, Lasley and Law, so that gives us a real wide scope between some of the players who have the odd off day, one of McCalls Bradford chums or one of the youngsters who turns out not to be the new Faddy.

I'd just like a wee heads up in advance on who those around me are planning to target.

Any ideas?

• Like 1

Higdon will retain the title for no apparent reason. Could see Ramsden being a candidate too, despite playing well last night.

Murphy and Humphrey will get moaned at, but I don't think it'll reach "boo boy" levels.

I still hold out hope we might sign McFadden for a few weeks, purely so that the same folk might be too busy furiously masturbating in the stands to abuse our own players.

On a related note, I'm looking forward to the home game against Ross County to see if I'm right in expecting Marc Fitzpatrick to get less abuse while playing for the opposition than he did during his previous appearances at Fir Park.

On a related note, I'm looking forward to the home game against Ross County to see if I'm right in expecting Marc Fitzpatrick to get less abuse while playing for the opposition than he did during his previous appearances at Fir Park.

I'll agree with you on this one, and add the thought that he'll come back and bite us on the arse, by having a good game.

no idea why noone ever moans about Hateley? IMO the weak link in our defence and cant defend at all really against anyone especially someone with pace. Even when he plays really badly people just shrug it off and say 'hes been one of our most consistent players' which i cant seem to find any basis for.. Im not going to post all over the forum about how bad i think Hateley is, just wondered why hes never really been targeted

• Like 1

no idea why noone ever moans about Hateley? IMO the weak link in our defence and cant defend at all really against anyone especially someone with pace. Even when he plays really badly people just shrug it off and say 'hes been one of our most consistent players' which i cant seem to find any basis for.. Im not going to post all over the forum about how bad i think Hateley is, just wondered why hes never really been targeted

You obviously don't sit near me...

apart fae 3 or 4 dodgy games after the defeat at tynecastle last season hateley had a great season and he was outstanding last night no way should he be considered a weak link

Hateley and Murphy are both poor, but believe their own press. I'm not in the business of booing our own players, but I don't blindly think everyone who pulls of a 'Well shirt is brilliant.

I think Higdon is absolutely magnificent and reckon Omar has shown decent signs this pre- season so it's just the afore-mentioned duo that will frustrate me for now.

• Like 1

Give the guy a chance.

I did watch him the whole of last season, its not like hes a new signing and has only played a couple of games.. i just never feel confident whenever he has it, bit like when Craigan used to receive it but not quite that bad, i just genuinely think he isnt very good (apart from he has a terrific free kick and is a good crosser). i know why hes in the team at RB because he isnt good enough at CM and his crossing is a real asset, and i know he isnt terrible, but i think he is the weakest player in our team! I wonder if he will get a new contract and stay next year or if Francis-Angol can come through and prove to be a worthy replacement

Football is all about debate- that's the great thing about the game. Two rationally-minded guys can watch the same game and form two entirely different opinions.

If you think I'm talking shite about Hateley and Murphy then that's your perogative and you're quite entitled to it.

Apologies, I'm not having a go at you at all. You make fair, rational, points. I just find it bizarre that after a performance like last night, and an atmosphere like last night, there are about three or four different threads moaning about various things. I just don't get it.