Aberdeen V Motherwell

Davie boy

3rd goal was offside as Law was behind their keeper when previous Well player got a touch on it and with only one defender on line strictly speaking offside as far as I understand it.

We were denied a stonewall pen as well but over the piece it still a decent point. Should have been 3 no doubt and can argue the toss about changes and using subss to kill game but frankly any change be it tactical or time wasting can work for you or backfire so no going to get worked up about those. It is still frustrating as hell not to see the game out but on the whole we are going great guns and every reason to be positive. So bring on wednesday there is no better game to take frustration of today out on!

3rd goal was offside as Law was behind their keeper when previous Well player got a touch on it and with only one defender on line strictly speaking offside as far as I understand it.

He's onside when the ball is played towards him though. Not sure if that consitutes another phase of play. Willie Miller though it was fair enough though.

Last time I was at who let the dogs out we were 3-1 up and the goalie then had a howler. I then met him in his pub in Lanark and when he asked me what I wanted I said 2 pints of if lager please Andy, to which he replied , serve him Miriam. It was a joke but he was not happy:(( the other best thing i remember is, when my boy was about 7, he's now 24 and a season ticket shed boy, he asked me after reading a programme , what a mutton mole star was ? Not molestars ! He now knows and will still laugh when he sees this post, hopefully! I love him! Anyone knows who he is?

Watched on the telly and a point is good but feels like a defeat at the moment. I am not looking for excuses but felt that Mr Madman in the middle gave Aberdeen every opportunity to get back into the game. The squealing from the dons fans every time any one went near Fraser was also responsible for the refs performance.

I agree with most of what you say but it was the dons fans Madden was trying to keep on side it was the old scum green

feck I sound like an old scum fan!

just watched the end of the game there. if cummins knocked it back to randy rather than playing a daft ball to humphrey then we would have seen it out. higdon deciding to defend from our penalty spot didn't help either, hutchy should be sorting it out on the pitch rather than in his post match interview.

mccall didn't impress me much again today. another game with no one at left mid followed by the lack of subs was a joke. how hard is it to stick carswell and ramsden on to see it out? humphrey could have came off at any point, kerr was terrified of getting a second booking and hateley was knackered. add today to mccall's catalogue of substitution nightmares. he was talking us up more than i've ever heard him before on the radio after the game so i suspect he knows that the blame sits with him.

on the plus side we looked good going forward. las and hammell looked to be back on form, hutchy and cummins were excellent, higdon was impressive and henrik showed a few glimpses of what he is capable of. we still need to iron out the midfield, you can't have las, hateley and law all standing within 20 yards of each other while humphrey holds hands with their left back every week, set piece goals are handy but we can do more from open play if we get the balance right.

the old firm games will take of themselves and then united, hearts and hibs will be the test. we've had a good start considering our european commitments but when you look at our fixtures and the fact we've played a game more than united and celtic i'd be gutted if weren't top just now. we had 22 points from our opening round of fixtures last season, with rangers being out the league i'd be disappointed if we don't at least match that.

Was really annoyed at the end of the game having thrown away 2 precious points. But having calmed down, you just have to accept thats sometimes what you are gonna get with young players. Thought the manager could have helped with the subs, but again, he has got more right than he has got wrong during his tenure.

Overall a good performance and THAT is the positive we must take into the next two games.

A real sore one not to have taken all three points in the end.

A sluggish start but after the first 5-10 minutes we were comfortably the better side and the progression from levelling, to getting the second and then the third was no less than we deserved.

I noted that Craig Brown said afterwards we were the better team and the best they have faced this season, but then I tend to view much that he says with some cynicism curious as to what agenda he has this time with his carefully selected comments.

The crucial goal, and the timing of it, was Aberdeen's second. It just changed the whole complexion of it all. Stating the obvious but another two or three minutes at 3-1 and the game would have died on its arse. But them getting a goal from nothing when they did gave them enough time to re-group and give it a decent go at finding an equaliser.

Interesting reading back the talk about the substitutions. There are plenty of times at a game where you instinctively feel that there should be a change, or you sense growing murmurs in the support. I actually never felt like that today, even at 3-2. Certainly in retrospect at the very least for the purpose of breaking up the flow of the game or wasting a few seconds it seems like such an obvious move that could have been made.

Still quite a few positives to take, primarily that we appear to be getting into the goalscoring groove again. Four, two and three in our last three games and if we can continue to get returns like that, particularly on the road, that will give us some breathing space to work on tightening up the defence and go some way to ensuring we maintain a challenging position throughout the season.

• Like 2

we had 13 points from 7 games last season as well.

the difference is last season we had played both the old firm in the first 7 matches.

But did we go the first seven games undefeated? I'm not being wide, I just can't remember. I think this is our best start since the late 50s. I could be wrong.

That's a far better Aberdeen team than in years. Aye, we shouldn't have let a 3-1 lead slip that late, but shit happens, bigger picture time when stuff like this occurs. Playing some really good stuff, scoring goals, top of the league and the only unbeaten side in the SPL.

I'm just happy that there are 7 teams "weaker" than us in this league...

That thought did strike me. A sign of how good the last few seasons have been is the fact that we consider the likes of Kilmarnock and St Mirren as weaker teams than us. Teams frankly that are a similar size to ourselves.

Losing a two goal lead with ten minutes to go obviously isn't ideal but looking at it after the fact, if there's not a lot between most of the SPL, a draw probably is a better result for the away team..

But did we go the first seven games undefeated? I'm not being wide, I just can't remember. I think this is our best start since the late 50s. I could be wrong.

Last week they mentioned it was the first time we had gone unbeaten throughout the opening 6 games since 1954. Don't know how many we strung together then, so I can't comment on whether the 7th today matches 54 or would go even further back.