Bluster

Frazzie

The last two (or three) games have been disappointing, but we've had disappointments many, many times before. However, I feel like I/we are taking it worse than ever just now partly because of the noises coming out of our own club. There's other threads for what went wrong with tactics, personnel or anything else but from a fans perspective I don't want to see unneccesary board statements accepting Rangers' warm welcome before a big match against them. I also don't want to hear our manager praising THEIR fans after we take our biggest support there in years. Minutes later we have a board member publicly tweeting a big well done to RFC for beating us and that's just not acceptable to me. Just as I calmed down from that we put in another sub-standard performance against the other lot and McCalls answer to that is that they were brilliant (they weren't). I don't care about that. I want to know that the problems in our team are being identified and will be sorted, rather than the vibe coming out of the club at the moment that we're just happy to share a park with these teams.

Does anyone agree or am I being harsh? I know we've had a decent start but I feel like we could be on a slippery slope and the mentality is concerning me.

• Like 7

The last two (or three) games have been disappointing, but we've had disappointments many, many times before. However, I feel like I/we are taking it worse than ever just now partly because of the noises coming out of our own club. There's other threads for what went wrong with tactics, personnel or anything else but from a fans perspective I don't want to see unneccesary board statements accepting Rangers' warm welcome before a big match against them. I also don't want to hear our manager praising THEIR fans after we take our biggest support there in years. Minutes later we have a board member publicly tweeting a big well done to RFC for beating us and that's just not acceptable to me. Just as I calmed down from that we put in another sub-standard performance against the other lot and McCalls answer to that is that they were brilliant (they weren't). I don't care about that. I want to know that the problems in our team are being identified and will be sorted, rather than the vibe coming out of the club at the moment that we're just happy to share a park with these teams.

Does anyone agree or am I being harsh? I know we've had a decent start but I feel like we could be on a slippery slope and the mentality is concerning me.

you are talking shite about andrew wilson. congratulating the winners of a match is just good manners.

i sense some anger about the motherwell supporters trust being made redundant here. are you still boycotting the society?

Pardon?

I may be wrong but I don't often see board members of clubs publicly congratulating other teams for firing them out of the cup, especially minutes after the final whistle.

And I'm a fully paid up 'Well Society member, not that it's relevant. I think you may be confusing me with someone else. I've been out of the Trust in an active capacity for a couple of years now.

I agree. It seems to me that there are people in the club hierarchy who do not fully understand our supporters, who by and large live amongst the worst that the green and blue side of Glasgow have to offer. We already know that we cannot match the finances of the big two from Glasgow, but I am of the opinion that the least we can expect from the players and management is that they will bust a collective gut when they take the field, in order to give the supporters something to be proud of. What I have seen in the last two games are players who to me appear to be going through the motions. How many tackles did our players make today? How many players did you see encouraging teammates/grabbing them by the throat etc? Spineless insipid garbage is what we have been served up, and as the OP said I would lay alot of this at the door of McCall and others at the club whose mentality when it comes to all things Rangers or Celtic is completely at odds with how our fans feel about these games. We do not want to hear any comments from our own bigging them up, thats the job of the Daily ferkin Record.

Who knows what is going on behind the scenes but it was clear for all to see in the summer that the club lacks direction. I've always been a doubter with regards the 'well society and little has happened to change my mind.

On the park we are heading for a crunch time with McCall and the majority of the team entering the last 9 months of their contracts. Meanwhile, prior to JJs arrival the youth setup was getting questioned from certain quarters...

I don't know why the 'Well Society has come up in this thread, but since it has I feel like I should point out Insigned up at the very first sign-up evening and have received nothing- no welcome letter, no scarf, no DVD, etc.

Not that I signed up to get any of that stuff but it reinforces that the club want the fans to finance the whole thing but aren't too bothered about pleasing them.

My main problem is the message that McCall is giving out is that we cannot beat either of the gruesome twosome, no matter their state. Makes you then wonder how we are supposed to win any silverware.

It's well known that to win a cup they both have to be knocked out or one of them to lose the Cup Final. Which means no matter how well we do to get to this years Scottish Cup Final, we shouldn't turn up at Hampden if the opposition is one of those two, as we have no chance of winning it. After all why should we pay good money to watch us lose before a ball is kicked.

The same then goes for Celtic visiting Fir Park, this at a time that Club need more of us to turn up to games help with the loss of Sevco. This at a time that McCall has come out and said he's disappointed with the attendances at Fir Park for a team sitting in 1st place.

Honestly though why should we turn up if the Manager and players believe we're beaten before a ball is kicked?

Same one as myself. What are we due? I thought it was just a membership card, DVD, and a year of MFCTV? I can understand the delay in the card but the DVD should have been dealt with a long, long, time ago.

I know from reading this forum that the £1,000 club have had the signed bottle from the gaffer and team photo which I'm glad to hear. That is a fair bit if cash to part with so good to see they are getting what they were promised.

I joined up in January. I'd imagine that the meeting next month will shed a lot of light on things. To be honest it REALLY has to as the vast majority could have parted with £300 nine/ten months ago and not had very much personal contact with the Club regarding it.

Same one as myself. What are we due? I thought it was just a membership card, DVD, and a year of MFCTV? I can understand the delay in the card but the DVD should have been dealt with a long, long, time ago.

I know from reading this forum that the £1,000 club have had the signed bottle from the gaffer and team photo which I'm glad to hear. That is a fair bit if cash to part with so good to see they are getting what they were promised.

I joined up in January. I'd imagine that the meeting next month will shed a lot of light on things. To be honest it REALLY has to as the vast majority could have parted with £300 nine/ten months ago and not had very much personal contact with the Club regarding it.

£300 is a fair bit of cash to be parting with for some of us as well. I'm looking forward to see how things go cos I'm looking for action on the restructuring of Scottish football and I want our club to be at the forefront. That's what we've signed up for, the chance to have our say in the running of the club, we'll soon see how far our money goes when we get down to the nitty gritty

My main problem is the message that McCall is giving out is that we cannot beat either of the gruesome twosome, no matter their state. Makes you then wonder how we are supposed to win any silverware.

Thats my main gripe too. I was listening to BBC radio on the way home tonight and heard Stuart McCall being interviewed. Probably about 80% of what he said was praise for Celtic, how well they'd played, how they'd played good football etc. We get enough of that from the so called unbiased commentators without our own manager banging on about it without prompting. After listening to that gloom and doom I came to the conclusion that there was no hope we'd ever beat Celtic again. Players are no fools, and irrespective of what he tells them in the dressing room, they'll hear and read his public comments.

As I wrote elsewhere I'd no problem with SM saying Celtic deserved to win. However, I'd far rather hear his views on how he though we'd played and what went wrong. The impression I was left with was that its a waste of time playing Celtic at all. That defeatist attitude will translate itself onto the pitch.

• Like 1

Surprised no ones chimed in with how much of an over reaction this is. Taking off the c&a specs, Celtic were very good, passed the ball very well. We weren't great but i don't buy this 'it was a shite performance' from us. We were standard, if that had been against Inverness or so we would've won IMHO.

As for McCall going, pish. Let's focus on our league position and let the rest take care of itsel

Taking off the c&a specs, Celtic were very good, passed the ball very well.

Yes they were very good, but they didn't even need to get out of second gear and that's what folk are annoyed about. Celtic will beat Motherwell nine times out of ten because they are better than us, that cannot be disputed, but yet again, as has been the case all to often with us under McCall, it wasn't the defeat that was so hard to take, it was the manner of the defeat. Our team selection was wrong and our attitude was wrong, AGAIN. We looked terrified of them from the off and gifted them so much space all afternoon it was frightening. Celtic were at walking pace and yet they still should have taken eight off us and indeed would have done had it not been for Randolph and some poor finising on their behalf.

We were well beaten by a far superior side, no one can say otherwise, but Celtic will not get an easier game than that all season.

• Like 1

Surprised no ones chimed in with how much of an over reaction this is. Taking off the c&a specs, Celtic were very good, passed the ball very well. We weren't great but i don't buy this 'it was a shite performance' from us. We were standard, if that had been against Inverness or so we would've won IMHO.

As for McCall going, pish. Let's focus on our league position and let the rest take care of itsel

I think you actually have to get a shot on target first to win

I don't think anyone on this thread has said McCall should go, and I was just as raging at the board statement and Andrrw Wilsons tweet as I was at his comments.

My point was in regards to the attitude of the whole club, not just one guy. I could accept the Old Firm pumping us every time we played them if we ended up as best of the rest in May, but I don't understand how the players can believe they can beat bigger clubs than us (who we play in the next three games) if we believe ourselves to be so inferior to the Old Firm.

I genuinely fear that we won't win in October.

I think you actually have to get a shot on target first to win

Spot on !

Said it before and it doesn't get any less relevant - the Squirm will beat us more times than we'll win, but at least go down fighting. I'm not a nipper, and games against the Twosome have brought many a disappointment, but at least I've felt we've given our best in many of them. Hell, we've even managed to throw up some upsets along the way by having a go.

It was mentioned round about me yesterday that it looked like a training game for them, and that wasn't far off the mark - our ethos seems to be we're happy to invite teams to have a go at us, but I'm of a view that we can't do that against better teams, as they will pick you off at some stage. In saying that, the number of times we were under pressure from a simple long ball straight up the park was concerning. Big Higdon did ok up front, but Murph plays so deep, and Humph just hugs the touchline if he is in a forward position. Not to throw on Ojamaa or McHugh yesterday just signaled to me that it was damage limitation from half time.

Also heard SMcC's interview after the game, and can only assume that he was trying to take some of the flak away form ourselves - Smellic were good, but defensively, they won't have a easier game all season.

Next Saturday is a big big day as far as I'm concerned, and as well as getting a result, it be nice to see us with the bit between our teeth, cos after yesterday's mauling for Utd, SMcC is going have to be very positive and make sure we're up for it

MON RA DOSSERS

I would not be too upset at losing to both the old firm. Celtic pay minimum 20 grand a week and have a far superior squad to us. They will win the league by a minimum of 25 points. Rangers pay SPL wages or average 7 grand a week again we cannot compete with that. We get the occasional good result against one of them so we can enjoy that when it happens. I am also a bit tired hearing all the negativity about Stuart McCall. He stated Celtic played well to take the flak off our players who were poor. He does not publicly slate his players but remember we went down to 10 men and after that it was damage limitation. McCall is doing fine with a limited budget. We are not in debt and the club management and directors will not allow us to go the way of our previous flirt with administration For that we have still got a football club. As for our biggest support in years at Ibrox 940 was the number. So we can thank half of the 30,000 Rangers supporters for our half of the gate. Obviously Queen of the South thought they had a better chance of beating them than we did cause they took 1500 and that is their average home gate. Rant over!!!!

Pardon?

I may be wrong but I don't often see board members of clubs publicly congratulating other teams for firing them out of the cup, especially minutes after the final whistle.

Which other team's board members do you follow on Twitter? I guarantee you that the Directors of every team that lose immediately congratulate the victors in person within a few minutes of the final whistle. I find Twitter to be mostly pretty pointless, but don't find it offensive or upsetting to see the sentiment that is always conveyed on private, to be tweeted too.

Andrew Wilson. After the Rangers game he tweeted;

Well done Rangers. Lessons to be learned and onto the next challenge for @MotherwellFC. Keep positive. #COYW

And after the Celtic game;

Gutting outcome against Celtic for @MotherwellFC but great league position and much to be positive about. Keep faith. #COYW

Got to keep our chin(s) up. Celtic did well and we wish them the best in moscow. Huge game at fir park next week. Be there your club needs u