St Johnstone V Motherwell

Finlay

if our defence is as bad as its been recently then we can forget about getting anything from this game.its time to start playing murphy through the middle hes totally anonymous at left midfield,get law back there and carswell in beside las would give the team a much better balance.id gladly take a point which would be a good result under the circumstances

Don't quite subscribe to no chance of scoring chat. I've seen Motherwell teams that could play all day and not create a chance. Generally speaking we are still creating chances but are guilty of overplaying at the edge of the box.

Our problems lie with the gaping hole in midfield that can't protect our shaky defence. Until, this is addressed, we will continue to struggle.

I recall a 2-0 defeat up there not long after McCall took over but I'm not recollecting another defeat yup there since they came back up so certainly it's a venue we've had reasonable success at it the recent past.

We really need something to go our way to help things turn and allow the players to play with a bit of confidence and belief again. Whether that's as a result of something special from one of our lot, a break from the officials, some defensive fuck up on the part of Saints or some complete miss-hit that deflects in off somebody's arse I don't really care.

There have been some glaringly obvious failings in the team but if we can reach a level of performance these players had been able to hit prior to last the month or so, and something goes our way then we might see things turn on Saturday.

There was. Just after Fitzpatrick left and a few days after we humped Dundee 4-0 in the Cup. Terrible performance. What I remember most from that Utd game though was McCall getting it in the neck in the dying seconds after we had conceeded the second. I think it was his third game in charge :laugh:

both of those games were utterly baltic.

the st johnstone game must have been about minus 10.

St. Johnstone games always seem to be baltic. I have memories of Shuggie Sproat having a mini snowball fight with some fans at one game, and I thought I was going to catch hypothermia the first time I went to their new stadium.

Haven't been to McDiarmid Park before do we usually bring a decent crowd there?

Tidy stadium on outskirts of Perth. Easy to get to and usual numbers travel through - more if we are on a run or at start of season etc. We get a stand behind the goal.

Pretty sure it was 1-0, Andy. Craigan gave away a penalty after wrestling Duberry to the deck.

Nah, didn't wrestle him to the deck. Corner from St Johnstone, Craigan jumped and was facing Duberry rather than the ball, ball hit Craggs on the back of the head and a penalty was given. Another f*cking scandalous decision by the ref. In saying that, we deserved hee-haw from the game that night.

Anyway, fear the worst tomorrow, another pish game and a 1-0 or 2-0 loss. Would like to see McCall change his system, maybe to a 4-3-3, with Ojamaa and Law up top with Higdon. 3 in midfield of Lasley, Carswell, Hetherington. Just something different. However, I realise this will never happen and it'll be back to a 4-5-1.

Get Carswell in from the start and Law back to the left hand side of midfield, with Murphy dropping to the bench. The only other change I'd consider is Cummins for Kerr but changing the centre half partnership again might be counter-productive.

Changes needed for this one. Carswell absolutely MUST play to give the midfield the balance it desperately needs. I don't like putting pressure on the young lad but he's the best fit we've got for the "Jennings" role and we need to give him a chance there. Move Law out left to compensate and go with either Murphy or OJ up front with Higgy (I'd be tempted to say OJ given his energy against Hibs).

Funnily enough, I think we're going to win this one, by a couple of goals as well. Going for 3-1 to the Well.

Another defeat making it 3 wins in 19 games this season, McCall and Black get tae fuck.

You trolling or what.

I keep forgetting how we should have been pumping Panathanaikos and Levante home and away. In what was it again Champions League and Europa League qualifiers? Same management team that got us there finishing 3rd and on 62 points. Can't mind off hand if that is a record haul for us but it wasn't bad. Coming off the back of the previous season where we got to a cup final I can't think why we've stuck with these losers so long.

You want to make some criticisms I'm sure there are a few, but comments like yours are moronic and you should get to fuck. MJC is negative as fuck but at least he makes a case to argue his position. Often ridiciulous, now and again sadly correct.

• Like 1