St Mirren Vs Motherwell

Dave87

Higdon and OJ do work well together hence why we are second in the table, just last night it never pulled off as St Mirren played more or less five across the back, and Higdon was pretty much nullified, from the off. OJ ran his socks off the whole 90 minutes, and caused St Mirren plenty of heart ache.

we've won two home games. one where ojamaa started on the bench and the other where we only started playing well when higdon and ojamaa were subbed off.

we've won 3 games away where murphy started centrally (killie, st johnstone, ict), the hibs game where we were terrible in the hour we spent with those two up front, the united game where we were pish for most of it and under siege the full second half due to the strikers being unable to win/hold the ball. that leaves the win against dundee where ojamaa did come on a make difference playing in tandem with higdon.

plenty off effort from henrik no doubt but we already have a winger that can't score goals so we can't afford a striker that doesn't score and won't shoot on his left foot unless you put a gun to his head.

• Like 1

Fuckin sick of this "were second,what do people expect" pish. So cause were 4 points off the top McCall & the squad is bulletproof? Mince! Were also only 4 or 5 points away from 10th. The fact is while our squad is small its also packed with more talent than most of the league so this punching above our weight bollocks is laughable.

Now I'm not condoning some of the mouth foamers who scream like rabid retards every 5 seconds at Fir Park,there a fucking embarrassment to mankind never mind MFC but while the Manager & players can take the plaudits when they do well they deserve it when they balls up & THATS what frustrates the life out of me. We may not be blessed with many options but there ARE other options available. The manager makes the same mistakes over & over. He is paid to make the most of our resources and signs shite like Omar & Ramsden,Hateley could score 14 own goals every game and STILL not get dropped and even Stevie Wonder can see our tactical failures

Aye, but we're not are we?

Not being pedantic. The facts do make a bit of a difference to your argument.

Though weeyin may beg to differ about stats and previous fixtures meaning little, when you are a team like Motherwell and you've won 4 successive away league fixtures, then really its fairly inevitable what's lurking around the corner sooner or later so I had some doubts in the back of my mind.

I do beg to differ. There is no such thing as being due a win or due a loss. If there was, teams that are top of the league would be due a loss every week. But somehow that doesn't happen.

Having said that, I certainly didn't predict an easy victory for us here. The reason being that St. Mirren have a style and tactical set up that has successfully frustrated us the past couple of seasons. As 'Flow pointed pointed out in the commentary, St. Mirren's tactics were similar to an away team at Fir Park - and we know how successful those can be.

What we need to learn is, not how to break down teams like that (because it seems that we can one way or another), but rather, not lose focus defensively and give up soft goals on the counter.

If we can tighten up at the back, games like this might be a bit of a grind, but we would be picking up more points.

The usual knicker wetting on the boards after a defeat :doh:

Enjoyed the game last night, we didnt deserve to be 2 down at half time but St midden should have been out of sight in the first ten minutes of the second half.

IMHO i thought we merited a draw, and some great last gasp blocks by their defenders prevented 3/4 goals and Boaby should have burst the net when clean through,(must be aw that shagging he does)

The negatives again are all there to see, Hammell and Hateley :doh: both very poor throughout, feck me other than the short corner in the first half(which again should have got a goal) our corners were murder throughout :wallbash:

2 good finnishes by Thomson for their goals,havent seen the highlights,but looking at the picture on BBC match report,possibly a foul on Hateley for the 2nd

_64911353_thompson.jpg

Untill we replace Jennings in midfield we will continue to leak goals.

Merry Christmas fellow Dossers.......roll on Boxing day for more home torture !!!!

Thats what it looks like when one player jumps and the other does nt not one of Toms best games

Yes a very disappointing result to St Mirren but we can't and won't win every single game. Our away record is excellent but its our home form that's piling pressure on us.

We are leaking goals at an alarming rate and IMO the entire back 4 are very poor just now and are certainly putting a lot of pressure on our forwards to score.

McCall needs to get the defensive side of the side sorted because we just do not look like a side that can keep a clean sheet against anybody. Its bad enough losing the first goal but when you then lose a second its an uphill struggle. Maybe need to consider moving Hateley to midfield with Lasley and play them just in front of the back 4 as additional cover.

Thing to remember is every team in the spl (celtic apart) are just as capable of winning or losing pretty much every game.

I dont think we are far off a decent team. The defence is crying out for someone experienced, one of those faces you see at the back year after year after year. Same kinda required in midfield. Experienced no nonsense, not scared to get the boot in type.

Up front it can be good but can be frustrating at times also. Dont think many other spl fans would think differently about their teams also.

On our budget though, we are punching above our weight, lets remember that folks :)

Indeed they are. So perhaps slightly ironic that you've responded with "stop your happy clappy pish".

As tiresome as it obviously is for you to read what you consider to be happy clappy pish its as wearying for those who see the same group of posters repeat the same overly negative pish every time things don't go well.

You've misread my post there bud, I was talking about both perspectives, 1 side bum the team up n are always positive and they spout"happy clappy pish" then others have a moan & they are immediately "pant wetters" "numpties" etc.

The St. Mirren result doesn't bother me as much as the cup defeats and the home form.

On the Home Form table we are 11th this season, only Dundee are below us.

That's basically the problem. We might be 3rd in the league, we might be doing reasonably well OVERALL but 85% of our support have been watching a struggling-against-relegation season.

You've misread my post there bud, I was talking about both perspectives, 1 side bum the team up n are always positive and they spout"happy clappy pish" then others have a moan & they are immediately "pant wetters" "numpties" etc.

Ahh fair do's then Shaka. I'm in full agreement with you then. It can be pretty soul destroying reading at times.