To The Board At Motherwell Football Club

nethertonwellfan

Reconstruction open forum

Only capacity for 120 fans

Email details in official site article to receive confirmation if space available for you

Also email questions if you cannot make

@MotherwellFC: Motherwell Football Club will host an open fans forum on league reconstruction this coming Thursday, 11th April: http://t.co/S531rGwpsk

As anticipated, St Mirren reject proposals.

http://www.saintmirr.../pages/?p=22463

Yaay, one more and it's sealed, Celtic will propose a change to the crazy 11-1 voting procedure as it's unfair and next season we can try for a bigger league again, only I'd put the proviso in that no change to be made until The Rangers have won their way back to the SPL just to see if Chucky carries through his 'threat' not to take their place. :lol:

Well done St Mirren. A well thought out response that echos the thoughts of many fans. Here's hoping that after the meeting on Thursday our club will be in a position to be equally principled.

This should never have been a take it or leave it proposal. That just smacks of the bullyboy tactics employed to try and shoehorn Rangers back into the SPL last year. Didnt work then and shouldnt work now.

Give us the one body. Give us the financial re-structuring. Give us the change in voting system. The league re-structuring talks can continue through the summer so by the start of next season everyone knows what they are paying and playing for.

Or is that too sensible?

Again I see no reason why a better financial distribution, a merger of the leagues and play offs can't be introduced without this shocking 12,12,18 shite.

That's the question that no-one will answer. Indeed, I think we'd all be prepared to go 12,12,18 as long as we had playoffs and the 888 was avoided. I can only assume that the potential sponsors backing this idea are 888poker.com or whatever.

Pretty sure Ross County will seal the deal.

What is the whole love for playoffs? Fucking idiotic to decide a whole league campaign on one maybe two performances?

But if you finish in a play off spot it's not 'one maybe two performances'.

Extra excitement, extra income, extra chance to be in with the 'big boys'

But if you finish in a play off spot it's not 'one maybe two performances'.

Extra excitement, extra income, extra chance to be in with the 'big boys'

Depends how you do it. If you end 4th 30 points behind the leader, and 2nd is 2 points behind the leader and you meet each other (and 2nd has beaten you on every previous meeting, well) and 4th wins it is exactly a 1 game luck meeting.

• Like 1

Can anyone who was at the well society meeting clarify for me. I left early and may have got the wrong end of the stick but we were told then that this new structure would come with a change in voting system?

it was sadly one point that I did not have a clear explanation off

to the point that Id say it wasnt made clear deliberatley

I cannot remember the exact turn of phrase,which is frustrating, but in essence it was said that the voting would change on some matters but on others all clubs would still be needed

and it was not cleared up about which clubs votes on what during the 8/8/8 farce

Thanks, it's a point I wasn't 100 % clear on when I left but I thought they had said this would facilitate a change in voting structure which going forward would help any other changes which were wanted.

yeah it was certainly implied that a step towards changes was being made

but Mr Weir piped up along the lines of some retained? matters would need a larger vote

its frustrated me since the day, I even went back through tweets etc before commenting on here that night

1365447953[/url]' post='378826']

yeah it was certainly implied that a step towards changes was being made

but Mr Weir piped up along the lines of some retained? matters would need a larger vote

its frustrated me since the day, I even went back through tweets etc before commenting on here that night

That's pretty much where I stand on what happened. There were a couple of things I thought were a wee bit wooly to be honest

I caught a wee bit of Radio Scotland on the road up to the game on Saturday and that's certainly the impression they were under that there was a two tier voting structure which for some issues - issues they couldn't actually clarify - it would revert from 9-3 to 11-1.

i'm sure they said there were going to be different levels of voting. some things would be voted on by all the teams and other things only by the relevant league.

on spl issues the voting was to be 9-3.

so when did it change back?

or who has it wrong?

or is it all smoke and mirrors?

Enjoyed listening to Mr Gilmour and his very well thought out arguments. The one bone of contention is clearly the 11-1 voting. Really cant understand this attitude from the clubs considering one of the ugly sisters is irrelevant now...