To The Board At Motherwell Football Club

nethertonwellfan

So eh, the club wants a match sponsor against hibs and a freebie from some nice fan who can help them get the most out of SharePoint.

They even want to advertise their functions and parties. Oh, and another sign up evening for the 'Well Society (good luck with that).

But they seem to be far far too busy to communicate with their fans about the non important, wishy-washy stuff like league reconstruction, prize money and colt teams.

:help:

• Like 1

colt teams are a decision for sfl clubs not us.

Not it's not, the colt clubs will be allowed promotion but not into the league their real team is until they leave Scotland then they can go right up to the top.

So it could affect the SPL teams as well. It's a decision for the whole of Scottish football.

colt teams are a decision for sfl clubs not us.

What's your opinion on this whole conversation? Genuinely interested.

Seems as though you only ever reply with things to trip others up - or highlight the things we shouldn't be concerning ourselves with...

What's your opinion on this whole conversation? Genuinely interested.

Seems as though you only ever reply with things to trip others up - or highlight the things we shouldn't be concerning ourselves with...

colt teams - i don't think they should be in the league but if the sfl clubs want them it's up to them. if they are in the league then they should be considered separate from the parent team and players should only be able to move between teams in the transfer window. i don't think the old firm will be leaving anytime soon or if they do they'll be funding spl teams on top of their english/atlantic teams.

league construction - i've made my point on here and to dempster and weir that i'm strongly against zeroing points and splitting after 22 games.

prize money - i don't like the changes but i think they'll either be due to aberdeen being dicks or the problems of changing the rules midseason. if we don't see the changes we want before rangers return on voting and prize money i'll be as angry as anyone else.

• Like 1

Colt teams are a nonsense, as if Rangers and Celtic were in England (Which will never happen) then all their fans will be too interested in that to care one bit about how Kyle Hutton is getting on against Clyde. It would bring fuck all to our game.

I would love to see Rangers and Celtic fuck off, but its never going to happen so the prerogative should be on reducing the gap between ourselves and the Old Firm, something that Motherwell and the rest of the SPL clubs have fuck all interest doing as Celtic and Rangers have them over a turn style arse raping them and they are loving it.

If the SPL and SFL merge, then surely it's up to all the clubs in the new body to decide?

the sfl seem to want colt teams as part of their side of the bargain. they probably see long term value in it for the clubs in the bottom two leagues, if the bottom 18 teams are only getting 30-40 grand a year central cash then home games against the colt teams could increase that significantly.

would the spl teams refuse the merger on the grounds of colt teams? if the financial reality of the status quo is as bad as they are saying then i don't think they would.

the sfl seem to want colt teams as part of their side of the bargain. they probably see long term value in it for the clubs in the bottom two leagues, if the bottom 18 teams are only getting 30-40 grand a year central cash then home games against the colt teams could increase that significantly.

would the spl teams refuse the merger on the grounds of colt teams? if the financial reality of the status quo is as bad as they are saying then i don't think they would.

The SFL booted out the idea of colt teams unanimously at the start of the season - it's David Longmuir driving this agenda and continuing to push it, even though the clubs have strongly said no.

I'm not sure about colt teams? I don't think it's the answer to any of the issues concerning fans though, there could be an argument made that it will give some of the best young Scottish players the chance to play at a lower but competitive level, instead of u-19s and bounce games. Then again, it could be sold to us on that, then used completely differently to suit their own ends.

As far as I know, in Spain they are treated as seperate teams in terms of transfers, as opposed to being a reserve side. So you couldn't move players between teams outwith transfer windows.

As far as I know, in Spain they are treated as seperate teams in terms of transfers, as opposed to being a reserve side. So you couldn't move players between teams outwith transfer windows.

The big difference in Spain is that the parent teams have no intention of moving to a different country.

I'm not against colt teams per se, as long as there are strict rules around them (no prize money, no transfers outside window, can't play in the cup, no promotion, no tv money etc.).

I am, however, against OF colt teams, as they obviously just want to have their cake and eat it if they ever manage to bugger off elsewhere.

• Like 1

Given that the Rangers first team got beat at home in the bottom division at the weekend, what would a colt team bring to the party??

The fact that rangers and celtic were beaten by 2 teams who were not members of the league 10-15 years ago (give or take for Ross county?) at the weekend, kinda makes the point that despite MORE teams being the last thing we need, perhaps a pyramid system could work.

colt teams - i don't think they should be in the league but if the sfl clubs want them it's up to them. if they are in the league then they should be considered separate from the parent team and players should only be able to move between teams in the transfer window. i don't think the old firm will be leaving anytime soon or if they do they'll be funding spl teams on top of their english/atlantic teams.

league construction - i've made my point on here and to dempster and weir that i'm strongly against zeroing points and splitting after 22 games.

prize money - i don't like the changes but i think they'll either be due to aberdeen being dicks or the problems of changing the rules midseason. if we don't see the changes we want before rangers return on voting and prize money i'll be as angry as anyone else.

I guess I should pay more attention to league reconstruction, I totally missed the part about zeroing the points after 22 games. I actually think that is a good thing and may give the other teams a better chance of giving Celtic a run for their money. I believe we would be better able to compete aganst Celtic in a 15 game season ( effictively at that point )

I guess I should pay more attention to league reconstruction, I totally missed the part about zeroing the points after 22 games. I actually think that is a good thing and may give the other teams a better chance of giving Celtic a run for their money. I believe we would be better able to compete aganst Celtic in a 15 game season ( effictively at that point )

I didn't get that, thought that was only for the lower parts of the split, no way would Ra Shellic ever agree to that so it's a no go.

I didn't get that, thought that was only for the lower parts of the split, no way would Ra Shellic ever agree to that so it's a no go.

It is only the middle eight section that gets zeroed (bottom 4 from SPL + top 4 from SFL1)

Think Texan has been on the moonshine if he thinks Celtic would play 22games and go to zero

It is only the middle eight section that gets zeroed (bottom 4 from SPL + top 4 from SFL1)

Think Texan has been on the moonshine if he thinks Celtic would play 22games and go to zero

Colt teams playing in the existing SFL? No don't think so.

Colt teams from all SPL teams playing in a division of their own? Yes.

Colt teams playing in the existing SFL? No don't think so.

Colt teams from all SPL teams playing in a division of their own? Yes.

We could call it "the reserves".

:lol:

I think the reserve league was scrapped because of the cost of maintaining a squad of 30 plus plus to run field teams. Went to u-23 with over age players, now U-19s with over age players.

Too early for Moonshine. ( well ok maybe not ) I was referring to the middle of Steelboy's post that I replied to.

"league construction - i've made my point on here and to dempster and weir that i'm strongly against zeroing points and splitting after 22 games."

He probaly wrote that assuming everyone would be aware that it did not apply to the top part of the split but obviously i was not. But it does raise the question as to why only do it in one of the splits? As I mentioned I think that would be a great idea especially for the top 8 teams.

edit: OK I see why they do that split now since they have to even out the teams who have been playing in different divisions.:doh:

Hands up. Was viewing on the mobile and I've accidently deleted the post the club made in reply to Gaag's post.....

So eh, the club wants a match sponsor against hibs and a freebie from some nice fan who can help them get the most out of SharePoint.

They even want to advertise their functions and parties. Oh, and another sign up evening for the 'Well Society (good luck with that).

But they seem to be far far too busy to communicate with their fans about the non important, wishy-washy stuff like league reconstruction, prize money and colt teams.

:help:

The club's reply was originally posted in between the posts by Lobey Dosser and Graham H.

Motherwell FC Official wrote.....

Keith, the club is never too busy to communicate with supporters, there are different times and different forums for this, however, let's take the three issues you've highlighted.

Reconstruction – the current state of affairs is that we have met with the members of the 'Well Society.The general debate and outcomes from that day were largely covered in a members update and emailed to 'Well Society members. It is also fair to say that the discussions from that day were also covered in this forum.We said at that meeting that, although we did not like all of the reconstruction proposal, there was more to like than not and we felt that it was a better solution for our club moving forward over the next few years.

Some at the meeting had a different perspective however we communicated the issues and gave the group all the information we had at that point. We took a vote at the end of that meeting to see if the mood had changed and, by in large, it had.On the 15th April 2013 (SPL reconstruction voting day) there will be two options for us to vote on for our club. These are either to try a new set up as proposed or to remain the same.There are no current options for 14 or 16, these are not on the table and are unlikely to be on the table for the foreseeable future.Irrespective of what we want as a club, we can only vote on what the majority have put forward.

We have spoken to 'Well Society members, heard their positions and comments but we want and understand the need to address the entire support on this matter so, as already highlighted after the 'Well Society meeting, there will be a supporter meeting organised before we are required to vote on this change. You or anyone else can ask any questions you like at this meeting and we won't dodge the answer; to be fair to the board, I don't think we ever do but others may think differently. We will post soon to advise when the meeting is planned.

Your second point - Colt Teams - came out of left field on Monday, has been off the agenda for months and months and we see no reason for that to change.

Your last point - Prize Money - this was a proposal that was put to clubs in October. At the time, all eleven clubs decided to support this one season only solution.This was agreed mostly as a starting point to change; it felt like the right thing to do at the time, all clubs would benefit from a small additional prize fund and, importantly, we'd revisit the full distribution, voting etc in due course. It is interesting that this has come up now given it was voted on, agreed and publicised throughout the press at the time.Happy to be more specific at the meeting on any point you or anyone elsewishes

to bring up.

The 'Well Society is your way of taking control of these choices, overtime any board of any organisation has to make tough choices. Ideally supporters can make these choices in due course once the Society has a controlling shareholding.It is down to the will and the want of Motherwell supporters when this happens, the board are not stopping this from happening in any way but until it does, we are tasked with doing what we feel is best for the long term future of the club.

Apologies to all for my baws up.