2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Walked past Kerr in town yesterday ... He's some size of a lad! Alot broader than I thought he was when I saw him playing!

What is his natural position anyway? Right back, centre half? I seem to remember him even playing right mid for us at one point last season.

He is a centre half.

SM uses him at right back, where I fancy he will play this season, because he is one of the quickest players at the club.

Although he is a big bit of a boy he is naturally athletic and can run for fun.

See he is on the team page on the official site with the no 20 squad number.

He's anther one that just hasn't been given the support of the Len Goodwin's in the East Stand. Looked a class act in his first couple of appearances, a real class act. Then something happened, his confidence looked shot and the old vicious circle began - no confidence, patchy displays, fan disapproval.

I hope we can support this guy. He really hasn't done anything that should stop us doing that.

He's anther one that just hasn't been given the support of the Len Goodwin's in the East Stand. Looked a class act in his first couple of appearances, a real class act. Then something happened, his confidence looked shot and the old vicious circle began - no confidence, patchy displays, fan disapproval.

I hope we can support this guy. He really hasn't done anything that should stop us doing that.

I think his inconstincy is simply because he's still young and learning the game. He was man of the match away in Levante, yet been woeful in other games. Agree, he must be given time and could develop into a solid player

Not impossible that we'll have three of last season's back four still playing for us next season. Keith Lasley is still there. And John Sutton knows what the club is about so there's a degree of continuity there.

And most season ticket holders get a season ticket because it's their team and they always do. I know when I went to renew, who was going to be in the team wasn't a factor...

Yeah I saw on Facebook someone suggest they wouldn't buy a season ticket if Sutton signed. Nevermind the fact that Sutton is no where near as objectionable as say Bob Malcolm or whoever else your pet hate is since when did who plays for the team really influence anyones decision to get a season ticket or not?

You support the team or not, you have the means to buy one or not, you have the time to get to the games or not. These things are surely what influences your decision? Sure we all have our peaks and troughs, who wanted to go in the Malpas era and if we hadn't sacked him I could understand if money was tight you'd think twice about renewing. But buying or not buying on basis of an individual player, it should have to be quite an extreme moral choice I think for it to have an impact. Not just because we make an underwhelming signing or sign someone who is a bit of a dick.

Yeah I saw on Facebook someone suggest they wouldn't buy a season ticket if Sutton signed. Nevermind the fact that Sutton is no where near as objectionable as say Bob Malcolm or whoever else your pet hate is since when did who plays for the team really influence anyones decision to get a season ticket or not?

You support the team or not, you have the means to buy one or not, you have the time to get to the games or not. These things are surely what influences your decision? Sure we all have our peaks and troughs, who wanted to go in the Malpas era and if we hadn't sacked him I could understand if money was tight you'd think twice about renewing. But buying or not buying on basis of an individual player, it should have to be quite an extreme moral choice I think for it to have an impact. Not just because we make an underwhelming signing or sign someone who is a bit of a dick.

Bob Malcolm and extreme moral choice in the same quote???? I had to force myself to keep going when that nugget was given a contract. The merest knowledge of our history should have kept him at arms length but short memories/ignorance meant he darkened our door from the inside. Shocking decision. :evilgrin:

And he wisnae that good either. :whistling:

So has Kerr signed? And if so is he 1 of the 5 McCall is bringing in? Very promising kid, not sure about being a right back tho

According to the clubs official twitter, no. Somebody asked earlier if he was signed up and they said not at the moment. Which suggests negotiations are ongoing and he was training with the rest of the squad this week.

He's also still on the official site with number 20, Hateley and Higdon's profiles have been removed. As has McFadden's.

Feel free to denounce my right to be called a fan if it makes yourself feel better, but I think Kerr is absolutely brutal. I'll always support him because he's a young lad who always gives 100% but I don't think he's got what it takes to be a starting XI player at the moment. If we bring in another defender and Kerr makes a dozen appearances as a back-up then he might develop to be SPL standard for the following season but for right now, no thanks. At the last game of the season in Perth, him and Hollis looked like they'd been dropped in from another planet to play a game they'd never seen before.

• Like 2

Feel free to denounce my right to be called a fan if it makes yourself feel better, but I think Kerr is absolutely brutal. I'll always support him because he's a young lad who always gives 100% but I don't think he's got what it takes to be a starting XI player at the moment. If we bring in another defender and Kerr makes a dozen appearances as a back-up then he might develop to be SPL standard for the following season but for right now, no thanks. At the last game of the season in Perth, him and Hollis looked like they'd been dropped in from another planet to play a game they'd never seen before.

I didn't see much of Kerr last season, his few appearances seemed to be away from home.

But I do remember one sub appearance from him early in the season at Fir Park when it was commented that he was too good for us to have him long term. Whether that was his true form or the more disappointing performances were more a true reflection, I don't know, but I reckon he's worth a gamble...

That might say more about Hollis than anything else,decent backup to play the odd game every season but the defenders looked terrified everytime the ball was near him,no communication & no confidence in him from the looks of it.

I denounce you as a fan...........................nah I don't fell any different evilgrin.gif

On a serious note some of these players who maybe were on the fringes of things last season may with a full pre-season and a run in the team prove to be considerably better, at least I am hoping that is the case I don't think I can take much more doom and gloom.

St Mirren

ICT

Levante

Man of the match threads for each of Kerr's first three starts Give them a quick read, full of praise for Kerr. He certainly showed plenty of potential and promise in those first three starts.

Was also decent in the 4-1 win against Aberdeen on Boxing Day and the narrow defeat at Celtic Park. He'll be cheap, he's versatile and he's shown signs of promise. I for one think he's worth a punt and could develop into a decent player at this level.

Fraser Kerr signed on a 2 year deal according to Scott Burns on Twitter

He also says Neilsen is signing a 2 year deal this week and McManus is being looked at by us and Hibs in SPL and Barnsley and Ipswich down south.

He also says Faddy is considering deals from the MLS and the championship but Motherwell still remain an option.

Can't see him staying if he has those offers...they would dwarf and wages that we could offer. Decision might be made this week.