2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

He's a big boy eh.

Playing at Ibrox this weekend.

the first young striker we've had with a physical presence since mcculloch.

from what i saw of him in the summer he doesn't make the most of his build yet but is technically very good. if he puts it all together he'll be some player.

With you Melvin, we don't need him but a good solid player that I was sad to see go. I am sure he will get a team unlike some who left the mighty Well but I just hope it isn't a team who play against us!

Whats the odds of him getting sent off in his first game whistling.gif

This isn't a "we should sign him" post, more just something that caught my eye. I see Steve Jennings was released last night. I'll be interested to see where he ends up...

Pizza Hut ,bookies and then the pub .If there has ever been a wrong move then he made it going to England then disappearing McCall can use this fine example of a carear move along with Mr Hatleys one during the next transfer window . I'll bet hes 17 stone by now .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love you too! :wub:

Do you honestly think McCall signed Lawson knowing he'd be on the bench most weeks? You honestly think McCall would gamble our miniscule budget on an established SPL player who he had no intention of being more than a bench-warmer? No, he was signed to be part of the first-team squad.

You've still not explained to me how we can go through a whole season without Lasley and Carswell going all season without injury, suspension or loss of form. If that's even remotely possible, only then would Lawson be a waste of a wage.

Tell me, who is this young midfielder who would easily be an effective substitute or easily replace Lasley or Carswell in central midfield? Do you know we have one?

I can read fine, thank you very much. You need to chill, man. Did you not disappear in a strop from here for a few months last year when people disagreed with some of your posts?

Erm.... no it's called having a beach outside your door and having better things to do.

The day i start to care what internet users think of me is the day i start to worry. And if you can read then how come you read my post then come up with a complete fabrication of what i said?

No doubt you would advocate the signing of Jennings so he can sit on the bench with Lawson as we are apparently so rich we can buy players for the bench just in case someone gets injured or suspended. IMO the money would have been much better spent on a wide player who could add pace to the team which at the time we were crying out for and although Lawson wasn't bought for the bench McCall must've known we already had a cracking player in that position who was as good if not better than Lawson and cover for there was not a priority.

• Like 1

Erm.... no it's called having a beach outside your door and having better things to do.

The day i start to care what internet users think of me is the day i start to worry. And if you can read then how come you read my post then come up with a complete fabrication of what i said?

No doubt you would advocate the signing of Jennings so he can sit on the bench with Lawson as we are apparently so rich we can buy players for the bench just in case someone gets injured or suspended. IMO the money would have been much better spent on a wide player who could add pace to the team which at the time we were crying out for and although Lawson wasn't bought for the bench McCall must've known we already had a cracking player in that position who was as good if not better than Lawson and cover for there was not a priority.

Clearly McCall didn't (and why would he Carswell is a prospect, nothing more, nothing less - haven't seen anything this year that we haven't seen over the last few seasons - if he adds consistency to his game, then perhaps he might just oust Lawson permanently, only time will tell).

Time you went back to the beach. Stu called you bang-on regarding your post, perhaps time for you to re-read what you wrote 'sport'.

I can see the point you've been looking to raise with your original question, albeit its a question I think might be better asked six months into the season than six weeks,but using phrases like "bad signing" and "waste of a wage" even when asking a question tends to suggest you had already made up your mind before asking.

Your post above doesn't say anything to me to change that impression.

Perhaps worth remembering that Lawson committed to join the club in the mid-late May - around the same time that Nicky Law stated he was going and three weeks before Humphrey made it known he wouldn't be taking up the offer of a new contract, so whilst it maybe argued now the budget may have been utilised better, clearly McCall can't see into the future and there will have be an element of hedging bets involved with so many out of contract.

On Lawson himself I thought him a tidy player when seeing him first and believe he will be called upon regularly throughout the season so no qualms about his signing. Far from being cover he's still making a contribution each week and there aren't too many games he hasn't been involved in, even if from the bench.

I think he'll certainly be the one to be pitched in for Lasley in terms of injury and suspension and on the occasion where we are looking for an extra man midfield I'd expect he'll get the call there too.

Perhaps a little ironically given your call for pace I think that's just one of the reasons why Carswell is getting the nod currently over him given he is more mobile and can get up and down the park a little more quickly than Lawson can, and helping our midfield.

Lawson was a stand out for County last season, a season they will not probably better. You can't say McCall was wrong to target someone who had played so well. McCall already rates Carswell - its why he has denied him several loan moves, but thats not to say they both wont come good. We've only played a handful of games - there is a full season ahead of us, we'll need both of them

As for your wide player our money could've been better spent on, can you please throw some names this way. I'm sure McCall had loads of targets, but they declined our advances - there is not much more we can do. If SMc goes through his list and none of them want to come, then he finds someone and signs him for the sake of it - then that is a waste of a wage

Waiting until you can find someone who is going to add something to your squad is a sign of not panic buying and good management