2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

1372387958[/url]' post='387620']

The general opinion seems to be that Faddy would benefit from a full pre season in his battle to get back to full fitness. Well with the first day of pre season been & gone & he's nowhere to be seen (the club completely unaware of where he even is) then for me we can forget seeing him back as a Motherwell player next year.

He did a full pre-season at Dalziel Park last year and he benefitted right enough... Money aside, he never kicked a ball in anger for months. He'll have a head over heart decision to make very, very soon.

Kerr, Sutton, Neilsen, that winger bloke Lionel something would be four. Then who? Faddy? And another striker, or McManus?

I hope to fuck were gonna make better signings than that tho with all the speculation it doesn't sound like it. Neilsen for Randy,Kerr for Hateley,Lionel Ritchie for Humph,Sutton for Higdon AND Ojamaa and 1 more? A starting 11 which will be severely weaker than the last and a bench exclusively of last years u19s players gives me the fear

I would imagine that given the heights we've hit in recent seasons with the recent crop we were always going to be looking at a regression in the overall quality of the squad.

But our squad can't be viewed in isolation in my mind. We aren't alone in losing players in the league. We certainly won't have the calibre of the 12'13 vintage but whose to say we won't have a very competitive team, relative to the other SPL teams, by the time the season actually kicks off.

I hope to fuck were gonna make better signings than that tho with all the speculation it doesn't sound like it. Neilsen for Randy,Kerr for Hateley,Lionel Ritchie for Humph,Sutton for Higdon AND Ojamaa and 1 more? A starting 11 which will be severely weaker than the last and a bench exclusively of last years u19s players gives me the fear

Who realistically do you expect us to sign? Can't see much wrong with those signings.

Nielsen. Been on the books of Blackburn and Man City, benefiting from fitness and goalkeeping coaches at that standard. Trained with some very good goalkeepers. Have to figure he's learned something. Played international football.

Sutton. Proven SPL goalscorer. Didn't do it at Hearts but not surrounded by great players there before you even talk about the fact he was benched and sent out on loan by some of the managers there.

Kerr. Had some good games last season and a few howlers. But young, that'll happen. What was Hateley's pedigree before he signed?

Lionel Ainsworth. Know nothing about him but knew nothing about Humphrey before he came here. McCall has done well enough in the transfer market for me to have faith.

Will we be weaker than last season? Possibly, but last season we finished second by a distance and key players left for nowt. Anyone who doesn't expect us to be weaker this season is off their head. But I have faith in McCall that he'll have us competitive. He's already signed a midfielder that scored nine and had nine assists last season in the SPL. Not too shabby.

I like a moan as much as the next man but seriously...

• Like 1

I would imagine that given the heights we've hit in recent seasons with the recent crop we were always going to be looking at a regression in the overall quality of the squad.

But our squad can't be viewed in isolation in my mind. We aren't alone in losing players in the league. We certainly won't have the calibre of the 12'13 vintage but whose to say we won't have a very competitive team, relative to the other SPL teams, by the time the season actually kicks off.

But then we've been in this same situation before as well and come up trumps, it's what we do.

Why the fuck do we hear this panic every close season? Have we no faith?

• Like 3

If we do a forensic analysis of the finances or even if we have a damn good guess....

Fact is we need to cut our wage bill and by a fair whack if we are to stay in the black.

McCall will not have the same wage budget to work with and my guess is he needs to cut it by as much as £2-300,000. That explains why we are looking to replace 11 players with 6 or 7.

I may not like it but I sure as hell accept it. We need to start living within our means. If we get the right players in, we can confidently look to finish top 6.

The fear? Do yourself a favour...

nappies.jpg

Cannae say I'm excited at the news of Sutton signing, particularly when you consider our other current options up front which will mean that he is going to be 1st pick.

Wasnt a fan of his the 1st time around and since then his career seems to have gone backwards in a big way.

• Like 1

Small mistake in the story on the official site. It was Wycombe he signed from first time round not St Mirren.

Also good to see we've got the traditional moaning about a player the minute he signs.

It's especially weird in this case as almost everyone wanted him to stay before he left. Now he's shite.

Now, what's Chrissy Porter up to?

Shaka has delusions of grandeur as far as Motherwell Football Club are concened, thank god he isn't in control of our finances or we'd be oot the game.

Oh and welcome back John Sutton.

Far from it bud,no delusions of grandeur here! And if I was in control of finances Id have never allowed precious cash to be wasted on giving McHugh an extension or signing the likes of Daley! My point is simple,the guys mooted (if they are indeed correct) don't inspire much confidence and there's a double whammy of a first team extremely poorer than last year AND a squad 4 or 5 bodies lighter than last year,there's only so much you can cut back

Are people not meant to have opinions like?

I reckon half the folk who are saying Sutton is shite and can't replace higdon were saying the opposite 2 years ago!

No reason why given the opportunity he can't get back where he was 2 years ago when he left us! I hope he does!

• Like 1

If Higdon hadn't had a likely one off wonder season about half those bemoaning the signing if Sutton would have been saying we were getting an improvement.

John Sutton probably doesn't excite even his missus but he I'd a tried and test SPL forward who will likely do a decent job given regular games.

I do not want John Sutton back at our club I'm sorry but not for me....he will offer little to us...he's had his day and let's keep it that way..any player that's at hearts is there for a reason - over paid and lacking a decent performance

John Sutton !!! Please let this be a joke.

Personally speaking I'm not too fussed for Sutton , he made his bed etc

Not a player i would like to see return would rather we unearthed another gem from down south

he had his time here, He chose to move on, end off.

John Sutton will get better offers from other clubs . Can't see him returning to firpark .

Welcome back John!

. JohnSutton28062013I.jpg

• Like 2

I reckon half the folk who are saying Sutton is shite and can't replace higdon were saying the opposite 2 years ago!

No reason why given the opportunity he can't get back where he was 2 years ago when he left us! I hope he does!

Fair do's, your opinion.

In my opinion though, he isn't a player that I'd have been hoping to see in the 'well 1st team next season.