Motherwell V Kilmarnock 31/8/13

Yabba's Turd

Bit of a stop start performance IMO. Still not playing any really fluent football but managed to grind out another victory which can only bode well for the rest of the season. Ramsden played well and although he didnt deserve his first yellow the second is silly and gave the ref no option. He also got away with a naughty one in the first half so cant really complain. Faddy again tried hard but is struggling out wide. Signs that he and Anier are developing an understanding however. Both Anier and Sutton took their goals well. Once we get the balance of the team right there is potential for vast improvement.

Surprised at how much football Killie played. Few boys at work saying Johnston and Clark going route one but no evidence of that today. Boyd still looks a handful andcwill no doubt score goals. I dont see their plight being as serious as their fans think it might. Not on that showing anyway.

What love-in is this? Because a few guys rate him? You obviously have just taken a dislike to the guy no matter what he does.

He went off to a warm reception and got awarded motm. Clearly a talented footballer with decent touch and vision but I've found him frustrating so far. I'm sure he'll come good once we play to his strengths but at the moment he generally looks a bit slow and cumbersome IMO.

Thought that was more like it today, most of the time we tried to play through the midfield rather than the long punt.

Still a long way to go but signs of progress.

Can't say I was impressed with them, the goal apart I didn't think we gave them a sniff till about 70mins. Boyd was always dangerous and I had a feeling he might have sneaked one at the end.

I thought carswell was excellent today, broke up a lot and seems to be getting more powerful every time he plays. Front two were pretty good today and hutch and McManus looked solid.

Satisfying 3 points and I think we will continue to inprove

Thought I had anier first goal well to win 2-1. Just looked had 2 nil.gutted. good victory hollis with a couple of vital saves at the end

Wouldn't matter as Killie scored first!! Better now?

Enjoyed the game today. Thought carswell was immense, starting to look like a real player for us. Ramsden also played well until his red. Feel like we're starting to click in the final third too, although we were under massive pressure last 20 mins and possibly Killie can feel harshly done by not to get anything.

Good 3pts, plenty of encouraging signs.

Hutch I thought had a nitemare today. Looked a bombscare.

Vigurs is a touch of class, his movement, passing and vision is tremendous. I think because he doesn't throw himself into tackles and can run real fast then some folk can't take to him. Too me he is a genuine talented footballer. Looked a lot more balanced with him today than ZFA last week.

Anier continues to impress me also with his work rate and his ability to get into goal scoring positions. Plays well on the shoulders of defenders and is a real threat.

Today was Suttons best game since his return which is no surprise considering he was getting better service. Still too many long balls.

Rammers is also getting stronger at RB although had a stupid rush of blood to get sent off.

Need to kill teams off to stop this last 15 mins of pressure bit so far so good. 3 wins out of first 5 after all the changes I'll take that.

• Like 1

Ref said he dived for a penalty for his 1st yellow(which he didn't) 2nd yellow was fair.IMHO

First yellow was for chasing the ref 50 yards screaming at him that he didn't give the penalty.

Thought he had a great game too, shame about the red card!

Indifferent. A win, and that's the most important thing. Bugger all to write home about bar the points.

Is that right? No the game I was watching .We put together some great passing moves Faddy looks sharper all the time and we are starting to play like a team now .Some folk are never satisfied.

Having just watched the first half back after taping it, Ramsden was a lucky lucky boy after his tackle in the 5th minute. At least a yellow if not a straight red and the referee, who was totally inept throughout., failed to even give Killie a foul.

First fifteen minutes were reasonably equal and then we exchanged goals. Poor all round from us for the goal. At the time I was blaming Hutch but now I blame both centre halves and the goalie. The two centre halves got in each other's road meaning Barr was unmarked, it then deflected off one of them and Hollis had half come for it and if he had just stayed on the line he could potentially have clawed it away (additionally it was never a foul!). Our goal came from a lovely ball from Lasley, who was outstanding today.

For ten minutes after we equalised I thought Kilmarnock had more of the game and Nicholson showed the class player he was pulling all the strings but as we neared half time we upped it and the pace and intensity of our play got more and more and we just about deserved our half time lead.

Second half thought we did all right and Samson's save was excellent from Sutton. Ramsden should have had a penalty for the push on him and that should undoubtedly have been punished by a red card for the Kilmarnock defender.

We didn't quite have the sustained squeaky bum time we had last week until Ramsden's second yellow which seemed like a gross injustice at the time but having now seen the first tackle that went unpunished we cannot complain much. Shame we'll miss him at Paisley as he was excellent today.

I just get the feeling that slowly but surely we're getting a wee bit better. yes lots to be critical about today. Hutchie and McManus conspired to make the xmas own goal of the season video. Faddy still not really producing much. But at the end of the day it's a FIGHTBACK from a potential defeat to a WIN , So lots to be happy about and lots to work on in the International break, :cheers: