Motherwell Vs Hibs 3/11/13

MelvinBragg

Let's move on from tonight's debacle. Thinking about it is just making my head hurt.

Sunday now looking like must win for both ourselves and Hibs. Team? Assuming everyone is fit..

Hollis

Ramsden

Hutchinson

McManus

Hammell

Carswell

Lawson

Ainsworth

Vigurs

McFadden

Sutton

Try and get something out of Vigurs. Just tell him to shoot when Sutton brings him into play, need to figure a way to use him.

Lawson instead of Lasley simply because if we're playing 4231, it should brolley tailor made for Lawson. We have signed these players, let's try and find a system where we get the best out of them.

Angol and Moore giving us options from the bench if the three attacking midfielders aren't clicking/can't last the 90 minutes...

Probably not the best time to have two home games on the trot, especially against teams we have struggled against at Fir Park. I suspect there won't be a great deal of patience from the stands for these games.

Hopefully Hollis is back and I think some of the younger players like ZFA and Carswell could be doing with a wee break, they have gone noticeable downhill over the past few matches and we need more experienced players to come in and step up to the mark.

I agree we need to get Vigurs going but I wouldn't drop Lasley for Lawson.

I don't think we can take too many risks, we don't want to try something novel that fails, so I'd keep it 4-4-2 at least at the beginning.

4 points is a minimium otherwise I fear a poor spell at an important stage in the season, so I'd be happy to grind the results out.

Carswell and Lawson in the midfield....NEVER NEVER!!! Both should be dropped and Vigours and Lasley in. Young Carswell is work in progress but i just dont think he's doing enough to keep his place and Lawson....Dont get me started. :wallbash: . Anyway hopefully Faddy's fit and playing and we can get the 3 points to get us back to winning ways.

Hollis

Same back four

McFadden Lasley Lawson vigurs

Sutton Moore

Never going to be the lineup but....flat 442, think we need to turn our attentions to our more experienced players in midfield. while I've been a critic of vigurs I do feel there's a player there who could come good. Zfa form has dipped massively and Anier was murder last night - seems to make the same mistakes too often, we need a spark too which is why I have opted for the youth of Moore.

My biggest concern for this game is that in the last 2 (very winnable) games i can count on one hand the amount of saves the opposition keeper has had to make. Old cliche but if you don't create chances you don't score. We need to be much more creative in this game. Yes Hibs are murder but they also got a point against Celtic so by no means a sure fire win here.

4-0 either way! Unless the lads are up for it, I fear it'll be Hibs with the points! I don't think Nielson is a goalkeeper. Certainly not one for this level - which makes him shite. Lawson and Vigurs are both on slumps! Both have confidence issues and the abuse they get certainly won't be helping. Think they both need to play at some point on Sunday.

Nielson

Ramsden McManus Hutchison Hammell

Lasley Carswell Lawson

Vigurs.

Anier Sutton

ZFA did do well on Wednesday night considering he was up against a couple powerful full backs, but I feel he may benefit from a start on the bench! unless Vigurs is unfit/Injured, then this would be my starting line up.

I'm slowly but surely putting Wednesday to bed and beginning to look forward to Sunday. Not without some trepidation I must confess, but that wee childlike buzz of excitement that you get when you know you are going to fitba soon is returning.

I'm not so feart of Hibs as I am of the potential hangover from midweek. I think back to the aftermath of Ibrox last season where we lost three on the bounce after it. Admittedly games against Celtic, Hearts and Hibs but it did take a bit for us to get that game out of our system.

With the stupid kick-off time as it is, the game being live on TV which will surely have an impact on the attendance and with both of us having endured gut-wrenching defeats I would not be surprised if it proved to be flat as the proverbial pancake with both teams just happy to take a point and begin the recovery process from Wednesday.

I hope, however, that our this is where our much vaunted team spirit will come into its own to ensure there aren't individuals out there feeling sorry for themselves and they are all in the right frame of mind.

I also hope that we can do our bit off the park to be as positive as we can for the team. Noisy backing from The Bois will be given ofcourse but we can all do our bit.

I don't want to go into one of those long-winded and sometimes cringeworthy battle cries but in short it is a two-way thing I think. We feed off their play on the park but there are times when our backing can help them too. Be it a shout of encouragement, clapping along or whatever, if its as tentative and cagey game as I expect then any positivity has got to help.

Anways repeat of the opener. 1-0 Motherwell, Anier to score.

Whatever the final score is, we need to see some real fight from the team, not to mention some semblance of lessons being learned from the last two matches in terms of attacking verve and creativity.

For me Ainsworth has to start, and I'd be tempted to include Vigurs from the start but in the classic 'number ten' position, releasing him from any defensive duties whilst giving him the freedom to open up Hibs. I think it'd be interesting to see how Moore goes from the start.

Nielsen

Ramsden - Hutchinson - McManus - Hammell

Lasley - Carswell

Ainsworth - Vigurs - Moore

Sutton

Subs: Stewart, Lawson, Cummins, McHugh, Francis-Angol, Kerr, Anier

2-1 a Well sounds about right.

I simply want a reaction from our players and management staff, something to show me they are genuinely as hurt over Wednesday as we the fans are. I've spent in excess of £60 already this week traveling to see a Motherwell side give me nothing in return. Four goals conceded, none scored, two insipid performances in which we've mustered a pathetic 3(THREE) attempts on target in over 3 hours of football, over a third of which was against ten men. Now I don't expect a Motherwell team to win every week, I don't expect us to play particularly well every week however I feel fully justified in being a little perturbed by our efforts in our last two matches. I don't want McCall sacked, I don't think all our new signings are a waste of space etc. I don't think I expect too much from Motherwell but I expect better performance wise, than what we've gotten so far this week.

I was angry after Wednesday, more so than I have been in years leaving Fir Park. Although that's started to subside now it'll take a while to get over this particular missed opportunity. However I'll be there again on Sunday to support the team, I think the players and management staff owe us a performance after their performances so far this week and I sincerely hope we get it.

• Like 2

I simply want a reaction from our players and management staff, something to show me they are genuinely as hurt over Wednesday as we the fans are. I've spent in excess of £60 already this week traveling to see a Motherwell side give me nothing in return. Four goals conceded, none scored, two insipid performances in which we've mustered a pathetic 3(THREE) attempts on target in over 3 hours of football, over a third of which was against ten men. Now I don't expect a Motherwell team to win every week, I don't expect us to play particularly well every week however I feel fully justified in being a little perturbed by our efforts in our last two matches. I don't want McCall sacked, I don't think all our new signings are a waste of space etc. I don't think I expect too much from Motherwell but I expect better performance wise, than what we've gotten so far this week.

I was angry after Wednesday, more so than I have been in years leaving Fir Park. Although that's started to subside now it'll take a while to get over this particular missed opportunity. However I'll be there again on Sunday to support the team, I think the players and management staff owe us a performance after their performances so far this week and I sincerely hope we get it.

Still sounds a wee bit infantile and petulant

"I spend money I want a win"

Here's a tip if you want to watch team winning every time they turn out and save a shitload of money buy a Barcelona DVD

The players and staff owe you and us fuck all

Our efforts might not have been good enough on Wednesday but you can't say they didn't give it their best.

On crowds of 4K we're doing good enough I think

But when you part with your cash at the turnstile remember you're paying to watch a game of football which can unfold any which way. There's no guarantees. Sometimes it all works out sometimes it doesn't

Still sounds a wee bit infantile and petulant

"I spend money I want a win"

Got to here, then stopped. Not what I said at all.

Now I don't expect a Motherwell team to win every week

However I should have known better, I should have known good old 'SteveDiggle' wouldn't miss a chance to jump on his high horse to have a go at any 'Well fan that might have even a slight criticism.

I can only assume the rest of your post would be equally as condescending so didn't bother reading it.

x

• Like 5

going for our fifth straight home win in the league on Sunday,

for the first time in a couple of years ,and even then that was one of our best seasons ever finishing third to the old firm.

too many now thinking they are entitled to something better than that , even though that's still above ranking.

only made the second half on Wednesday and it was fascinating stuff, with wave after wave of attack, from both wings, all the folk that are saying we didn't try are clearly distracted by the need to feel hard done by, sure there were plenty of flaws like the midfield not getting close enough to support second chances etc. and Defence slipping for the first.

but me and my mate and the kids were out our seats more than ten times in those 45mins, with chances and great moves with skills and trickery, driving us into the box, loads of corners and a fair few chances, including hitting the woodwork, near misses and last ditch blocks.

Aberdeen were tremendous in defence, we weren't good enough to unlock them, get over it, it happens.

Last Sundays game was a write off for other reasons, but with good intent, it didn't work (again) so hopefully McCall has learned that his personal choice of fucking about prior to a bigger game never works and doesn't try it again if we ever have an option.

Will be quite pleased if we set up this Sunday as we did starting the second half v Aberdeen, maybe with Vigurs for Lawson.

be even more pleased if Anier does as he's told and stays in the middle, and despite enjoying both wingers trickery, I'd like them to vary it at times, and push up to receive the ball instead of always dropping back.

but still for guys that don't really have that much experience of those roles, I'm just pleased to see them developing and delivering good chances and more importantly scaring the shit out of fullbacks

Like Well 4 Europe, I think we do need to see a reaction after Wednesday, however, I would disagree that Wednesdays performance was insipid. It was a marked improvement on the St Johnstone game. There was much more desire and effort from the players. It was, however, still a little one paced and one dimensional.

Im sure the players and manager ARE hurting after Wednesday. Both McCall and McManus have said as much. We have some strong characters in our dressing room. They know as well as the fans that Wednesday was one of the best chances many of them will ever have to get close to winning a cup.

Im confident we WILL get a reaction against Hibs. Whether we get a win or not is another matter as there are too many variables involved, not least Fenlon resigning. As long as we see some evidence of lessons learned and some honest endeavour to try and get a result that will be enough for me.

(A resounding victory and 3 points would be most welcome though!)