Where Do We Go From Here ?

gilmour

Is it ?? Doesn't relegate us, or put us in financial trouble??

Probably put us in to a very bad result for the financial year, Likely call on Well Society funds that are depleting with out enough replenishment

Cash loss in European football, horsed out the league cup with almost no cash income, horsed out Scottish cup, likely fine or damage costs, loss of key commercial income in run up to festive season.

I'd say this result is pivotal to putting us back a year or two in real terms

Yet another shocker,not unexpected though as we have been very poor this season some players not up to it others bereft of confidence.Season ended today keep on playing like this it,ll be bottom 6. Time up for Shagger Bob and as for that black strip

I have not been to a game all season since the Kuban game, mainly due to family life and not getting the time to go to the games. I will be back but not sure when.

Today sounds like a shocker and to be honest it's been on the cards.

I am pretty scunnered with football in general. I feel the gap between the rich and poor is getting wider. The fact we made a loss in Europe said it all for me and proved to me that fifa, Uefa and the rest want a rich mans playground and us and other teams will find less and less rewards for doing well.

What am I getting at?

Well it's a feeling of what's the point... We are scraping the bottom of the barrel for players and ours and many other teams youth policies are just not producing the goods (apart from Dundee utd who seem to be excellent at it) and this is where we will make money. We struggle to provide the right deals for players and lose them for nothing and it's now bit us in the arse.

I get more excited playing 5 a sides these days and really struggle to get even remotely excited about professional football these days.

Sad times.

With the exception of the first half at Tannadice we have been very poor all season. We keep saying we are waiting for a catalyst to come along that will kick start our season. At this rate there will be four games left to play & we will still be saying don't worry our season will kick start soon. Sending out the same team every week with the same tactics clearly isn't working as all we are getting is absolute dross performances. Yes we are high in the league but our results against the top teams show exactly where we stand & even the happiest clapper must know that out victories against the bottom teams hasn't seen us play anything like good football. How many times have we been hanging on to a 1 goal lead when the game should be dead and buried long before. Something has to change unless McCall thinks we are suddenly going to start playing good football. If he's not going to change the team then change the tactics. It isn't working so don't just keep doing the same thing every week.

Is it ?? Doesn't relegate us, or put us in financial trouble?? Old enough to remember us gettin pumped 6-0 by Morton followed by a 7 or 8 nil thrashing by Aberdeen at pittoodrie where we even missed a penalty if my memory is correct.now that was bad to witness. Hold on , maybe i've developed a tolerance to shitty football that made today not so badmellow.gif

I have a feeling the board of directors won't take the same attitude. And nor should they.

Well Ive been tae very few games in the past season and a half. We are an uninspiring team with an uninspiring manager playing in an uninspiring league. I realise that this is an uninspiring post on an uninspiring Saturday night but that's life at times I suppose ....just uninspiring.

We were a very inspiring team last season. Now......just pish

Well ankles , this is the first time albion rovers have EVER beat us in a competitive game .This has to be the worst result in our history !

It's not the worst result in my memory, never mind our history.

It's a stinker, no doubt, but I have endured worse.

our biggest problem is we cant break teams down the sheep sat inn for 70 mins and said to us " come on then score " and we couldnt , and ar done it yesterday they said keep the ball we will play with 10 behind the ball now come an break us down , result smc was fecked , and couldnt change the way we played ,so most of the players took the safr option and passed the ball back .the end result was mcmannas or hutch or kerr pumping long stupid balls to bob mcshite or sutton and the ar players looked more hungrier :wallbash: just my opionion like

Is it ?? Doesn't relegate us, or put us in financial trouble?? Old enough to remember us gettin pumped 6-0 by Morton followed by a 7 or 8 nil thrashing by Aberdeen at pittoodrie where we even missed a penalty if my memory is correct.now that was bad to witness. Hold on , maybe i've developed a tolerance to shitty football that made today not so badmellow.gif

You certainly develop a perspective when you have been following any team for a long time. Undoubtedly we are on a downer, but it's not something that spoils my weekend any more. We lost the core of a team that took 4 years to build - I wasn't expecting much out of this season, and so far that's exactly what has been delivered.

Not that I'm happy about overall performance, and we definitely need to continue the rebuild in the next window. I know there is some good money associated with difference in a league position or two, but if nothing else, we have a little bit more leeway to play the Moores, Leitches, Erwins (if he's not crocked again) into the first team.

No doubt about it, we are pretty bad just now despite our lofty position in the league. The season is only just over a third of the way done so who knows where we will end up in the league. Over the past few "successful" years on here, there have been many time where apparently we have been on a downward spiral only to end up in a very good position.

However, that may be more difficult to achieve this season comapred to the last few but I will reserve judgement till much later in the season. Having said that, I think McCall has done enough to warrant some slack, in that, if this is ends up a bad season he should have a shot at turning it around next season.

To be honest I am not even sure what the defenition of a bad season is. No european spot? not in top 6? lack of cup runs? crap viewing ? financial loss? perhaps one of those or some combination.

I think if we have a manager who can consistently keep us in the top 6 then we are doing well. I think McCall will have this team finish in the top 6 and hopefully next season get us back in the top 3.

It's not the worst result in my memory, never mind our history.

It's a stinker, no doubt, but I have endured worse.

I have been going regularly since 1965 and it is certainly in my personal top 5 of worst ever results. For a full time team to be beaten by Albion Rovers (they currently sit second bottom of league 2!) is quite frankly embarrassing. It's likely that I would have been at the games where you 'endured worse', but this one was certainly on a par with any previous nightmare performance that I have witnessed.

Still hard to take even this far away. I was readin Wee Yin's posts and I am finding it hard to think of a worse defeat and it sounds like it's certainly a contender for worst ever performance.

definately dreading Friday night. I'm off this coming Friday so if it's on the TV here no doubt i'll still have the game on ....................for as long as I can stand it.

You certainly develop a perspective when you have been following any team for a long time. Undoubtedly we are on a downer, but it's not something that spoils my weekend any more. We lost the core of a team that took 4 years to build - I wasn't expecting much out of this season, and so far that's exactly what has been delivered.

Not that I'm happy about overall performance, and we definitely need to continue the rebuild in the next window. I know there is some good money associated with difference in a league position or two, but if nothing else, we have a little bit more leeway to play the Moores, Leitches, Erwins (if he's not crocked again) into the first team.

Erwin has had one injury before today.

OK, so yesterday was a bad result and we dont seem to be gelling as a team right now. TBH, the result wasnt unexpected in my book as we have been poor recently and been fortunate that other teams are worse than us. In saying that we should really be able to beat a team 2nd bottom in the lowest tier. We have been spoiled the past few seasons and have lost the guts of an entire team in one ago, Randolph, Hateley, Humphrey, Law, Higdon and Ojamma with Murphy off in January. Its a big change and so far, the performances and standards we have been used to havent been there and the players just dont appear to be "a team". The same thing happened under Tommy McLeans tenure, we won the Scottish Cup then struggled for the next couple of seasons, with people wanting McLean out when we finished down towards the bottom of the league. He was given time and in his last season, he managed to get the players to play well and we finished 3rd, before McLeish took the same players to 2nd before he dismantled the team and brought in his own players (nuff said about that).

• Like 1

The same thing happened under Tommy McLeans tenure, we won the Scottish Cup then struggled for the next couple of seasons, with people wanting McLean out when we finished down towards the bottom of the league. He was given time and in his last season, he managed to get the players to play well and we finished 3rd, before McLeish took the same players to 2nd before he dismantled the team and brought in his own players (nuff said about that). [/size]

The season after the Cup win was one of the worst ever but things were different then, you could take your time and build a team over a couple of seasons. Post Bosman teams our size can't do that.

I'm afraid like it or lump it it's all about the here and now in 2013.

Still hard to take even this far away. I was readin Wee Yin's posts and I am finding it hard to think of a worse defeat and it sounds like it's certainly a contender for worst ever performance.

The worst cup defeat that sticks in my mind was getting gubbed by amateurs from Queens Park.