Motherwell Vs Partick Thistle 15/02/14

shanemfc7

Just watched the press conference with McCall. Nothing about big Mick having an Op.

Where has that come from....

from the match preview email sent out to real fans :ph34r:

or everyone on the clubs email register....

It was hoped the mini interval would provide ample time to clear the busy treatment table, however, John Porteous is as busy as ever.

Fraser Kerr (ankle), Simon Ramsden (knee), Lee Hollis (groin), Lee Erwin (knee) and Craig Moore (ribs) will all definitely miss the match. Stephen McManus had a minor operation during the break but should make it, although two other regulars are are nursing injuries and are doubtful.

With Adam Cummins and Bob McHugh out on loan, it leaves Stuart McCall with limited options ahead of the match.

That will allow for some of the clubs’ talent from Jonatan Johansson’s Under 20s squad the chance to impress

Apart from Kerr being out, we're not really any worse off than we were against the Dons last time out. Just disappointing we haven't been able to make use of the three week lay-off. Although I'm sure we've done all we could.

Even if every 'doubt' missed out, our team would probably look something like this:

Neilson

Carswell Murray Hutchinson Hammell

Ainsworth Lawson Lasley ZFA

Anier Sutty/Faddy

Not terrible considering we could in theory have 8 players missing. In saying that, I'd love to see what our bench would look like if that were the case!!

Apart from Kerr being out, we're not really any worse off than we were against the Dons last time out. Just disappointing we haven't been able to make use of the three week lay-off. Although I'm sure we've done all we could.

Even if every 'doubt' missed out, our team would probably look something like this:

Neilson

Carswell Murray Hutchinson Hammell

Ainsworth Lawson Lasley ZFA

Anier Sutty/Faddy

Not terrible considering we could in theory have 8 players missing. In saying that, I'd love to see what our bench would look like if that were the case!!

That defence would cause me concern. Euan Murray is untested and requires a gradual introduction to the team. He would need protection from a strong central midfield - something we're not at all good at. Stuart Carswell, for all his strengths, is never a right back as he proved against Aberdeen. With Ainsworth not being the best defender in the world Partick could rip us to shreds down our right flank, if they have a decent left winger. If Stuart Carswell played there they would focus on that weakness. Probably best to play Stevie Hammell at RB with ZFA filling the left back berth. Faddy & Ainsworth on the wings with Anier and Sutton up front.

In addition to the above, we also have 2 or 3 others carrying knocks, so its anyone's guess what team will line up. If they're defenders we're really in trouble.

We have a very small squad and this season we have been unlucky with injuries. On the bright side today will possibly give some youngsters the opportunity to at least fill the bench. However they may not be ready for that. Time will tell. Probably McManus has a better than even chance of making it.

Snowed lastnight up my way at top end of Hamilton and been pissin down all morning. Not sure if the twitter feed is being optimistic

Very optimistic - says rain is lighter and they are making good progress. I am at lower airbles and its persistent.