Saint Johnstone V Motherwell 25/02/14

Yabba's Turd

It's certainly not wrong to hope for it, but I don't think you can ever *expect* a high level of consistency from any team with our resources.

I don't expect a high level of consistency with results. I do expect a high level of consistency with effort, fitness (with those deemed 'fit' to play), hunger, and quality (to a degree). This season, I can't say I've seen that in most of the games we've lost.

I have just watched Gunnar's 'save' that lead to the Saints first goal and it's far worse than I first thought it would be. facepalm.gif I have tried to be positive about our goalkeeping situation, however, Gunnar's confidence appears to be shot, and I have doubts whether he can make it at this level. The defending at the second goal was shambolic, and the least said about the third the better.

I actually object to that comment, We may have been rudderless, directionless and absolutely appalling in some games but I don't think anyone can fairly level lack of effort at them.

It can be very difficult to tell. Fans can see what a player is doing or not doing but its not always easy to identify the reason behind that. On Tuesday evening, time after time many of our lads stood back, stood off opposing players or simply didn't go for the ball or challenge. Lack of effort, mental/physical tiredness, lack of self belief, intimidation (Saints are a very physical side), physically incapable of putting effort due to injury.......who knows. Many who were at McDiarmid Park commented on a seeming "lack of effort" this but who knows the truth? As Stuart McCall said post match we lost just too many personal battles.