Motherwell V Hearts 01/03/14

Yabba's Turd

That's my thoughts too. I was still a kid when Hearts were coming to Fir Park and putting four past us, ie. 97/98 when they done us 4-1 and 4-2 and those defeats hurt and their fans were as smug as you can get about it on those occasions so I'll never tire of seeing us hand out a mauling to them.

Ditto........they beat us 4-1 at Fir park in a league cup game on a sunny August day in 1976....ruined my 13th birthday............that day is my first recollection of them singing "Pettigrew wank wank wank ! Pettigrew wank wank wank ! Pettigrew wank wank wank !"

Seem to remember Bobby Prentice scoring for them and a huge away support...memories of standing at the fence........in the junior choir :thumbup:

He's an inexperienced, right footed centre back who ended up having to play left back in only his 2nd ever appearance in professional football. I thought he did quite well all things considered.

So did I, I was only commenting that I thought his lack of pace could leave him exposed at this level.

Enjoyable match yesterday, quite taken aback, by just how great some are describing it, compared to the two before it was a massive improvement, but not the best of the season.

every team we have played were better than Hearts showed yesterday, so it was pleasing that with the changes that were needed (and gratefully happened at last) we did the professional job with a some flair thrown in.

the only real disappointment was set pieces, at both ends. wasteful in attack and still very shaky in defence.

Delighted the three lads go their game time, Euan Murray was really thrown a challenge in at left back (mental that McCall wouldn't use him on his good foot prior) and Cadden got a lift from his cameo, exactly what's needed to keep the boys interested, teammates from past and present all involved in the congratulations for all the lads. created quite a buzz amongst them.

Jack had a great game, quite why some have to name him as Carswells replacement I'm not sure, I'd happily see them together, in a Motherwell team some time in the future

So did I, I was only commenting that I thought his lack of pace could leave him exposed at this level.

Haven't managed to see game yet, have it recorded from Alba, but from what I've seen of Murray pace is not an issue at all.

I don't think watching U/20's I can recall anyone beating him in a foot race. Did this happen in the game yesterday ?

I know Hertz have a couple of racers in Paterson and B. King did he struggle with them ?

Well done to him and J Leitch coming in and not looking out of place, if the majority of comments on here are accurate.

• Like 3

i loved seeing vigurs goal again on the highlights if we can get him and faddy linking up like that more often we'll be onto a real winner

Good point. They are two very clever footballers who, if you get them in the right areas of the park will hurt other teams.

What the manager has to do is provide the platform to make that happen. So far this season he has struggled to do that for reasons too various to mention.

They were never bad footballers or a waste of a wage though.

• Like 2

What the manager has to do is provide the platform to make that happen. So far this season he has struggled to do that for reasons too various to mention.

It's not his fault we cant play against possibly the worst side i have ever seen in the top flight at Fir Park every week. Delighted at the result and well done to the team for making what looked to be a tough tie so easy in the end but i wouldnt be dishing out any new contracts or making any bold predictions about anyone on the back of that match .

Thought that myself. Was a shocker from Paterson, went it to do him, and completely took him out. Thankfully Faddy was ok.

I thought it was a great tackle. Took the ball clean and momentum took him through faddy. It's fitba, it happens.

• Like 2

It's not his fault we cant play against possibly the worst side i have ever seen in the top flight at Fir Park every week. Delighted at the result and well done to the team for making what looked to be a tough tie so easy in the end but i wouldnt be dishing out any new contracts or making any bold predictions about anyone on the back of that match .

Sorry mate, but struggling to see what part of my post can be construed as a criticism of the manager?

That was some tackle by Patterson on McFadden in the run up to Sutton's goal

Funnily enough, it just reminded me of the the goal Higgy scored against Hearts this time last year, in which Faddy also got clattered making the assist: