Motherwell V Inverness Ct 19/03/14 Wednesday

Yabba's Turd

A broken finger is probably not his fault but I'm beginning to lose patience with Lee Hollis.

He's almost permanently injured. Even when he wasn't first choice he missed a lot of matches - he's not been available for 33 league matches over the last 3 seasons.

Contrast with Darren Randolph who hardly missed a game season after season.

He hasn't done much wrong performance wise for me but we need a first choice goalkeeper who is more reliable in terms of actually playing.

A broken finger is probably not his fault but I'm beginning to lose patience with Lee Hollis.

A tad harshly expressed but you're right. Irrespective of how well a player performs when he's of little use if he's very injury prone.

Another player in the same boat is Simon Ramsden. He came to us with a questionable injury record and has been out for long spells this season and last. That said he's one of my favourite players when fit.

Its unfortunate but theres limited scope for sentiment in football.

Bit harsh on Ramsden, might be out for a while at the minute but has been pretty reliable despite his record prior to arriving at Fir Park...

He must have missed 8/9/10 games last season Greg. Probably about a 20% - 25% absence rate overall.

Even in the limited game time jack Leitch has had ,he has looked more of a goal threat than Stuart Carswell, so I would be tempted to stick with him,.It's maybe ok saying that's not his game, but he should be chipping in from midfield with some goals, shots even

I'd agree - he does look more of a goal threat. But I'd rather we had Vigurs and Ainsworth pushing forward which leaves gaps and to fill them we need another blocker/tackler in beside Lasley. Leitch from the bench gives us options and if in the remaining games he gets a bit of a game time he could very well develop that hardness in his game for next season and claim a starting spot. I'd also like to see the likes of Moore, Cadden and Thomas getting extended game time for the same reasons.

I don't see us getting out of this one with a clean sheet, but I don't see Inverness lasting well after Sunday's exertions. If it's still tight around the 60-70 minute mark, I can see us starting to get more opportunities and hopefully stretch the game. Ainsworth could be crucial to this one with his pace, maybe even Angol as a late sub could be a decent impact player.

3-1 Well.

is there more to the ramsden injury than they are letting on? He was originally only meant to be out for a month.

I don't think they are hiding anything. The month estimate was before they operated and could see the extent of the damage. Since then, McCall has given fairly regular updates that the injury was more serious than they originally thought and Ramsden would be out for longer that first hoped.

Now that the day's arrived, I'm looking forward to this one, but as to how it'll turn out, God only knows !

I've long since stopped trying to suss my team out, as you never really know what you're going to get, but as long as we put the effort in and compete, I'm hopeful that we'll be too strong for them, especially after their exploits on Sunday. We'll need to put the shackles on Foran though, as he still impresses me and always seems to be up for our games.

Wouldn't mind seeing Leitch getting another run out, but expect to see Carswell back in - any news on Moore ?

No doubt come 7.45pm, all negative thoughts will have diappeared, and I'll be giving it

MON RA DOSSERS

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Now that the day's arrived, I'm looking forward to this one, but as to how it'll turn out, God only knows !

I've long since stopped trying to suss my team out, as you never really know what you're going to get, but as long as we put the effort in and compete, I'm hopeful that we'll be too strong for them, especially after their exploits on Sunday. We'll need to put the shackles on Foran though, as he still impresses me and always seems to be up for our games.

Wouldn't mind seeing Leitch getting another run out, but expect to see Carswell back in - any news on Moore ?

No doubt come 7.45pm, all negative thoughts will have diappeared, and I'll be giving it

MON RA DOSSERS

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Moore is fit if that is what you were meaning? Came off the bench at Hibs.