Dundee Utd V Motherwell 26/04/14

stevie_mfc

I reckon this will be a draw. The main question Stuart McCall will be looking at I suppose is who to drop frmo last week's lineup now Lasley is fit again. My guess is that ZFA and Vigurs on the left. Perhaps a bit harsh on Zane, but necessary I feel.

Going for 2-2 but would love to see us sneak a 1-0 win.

A lot will depend on the referee, as United are currently a pretty physical and cynical outfit. If he's strong and gives us a fair hearing then we have a good chance of picking up a point or 3.

Not qualities Id attribute to our ref this sat,Mr McLean

I actually think we'll win this, most likely 2-1. Third place in the bag and putting the fear into the stuttering Sheep!

I actually think we'll win this, most likely 2-1. Third place in the bag and putting the fear into the stuttering Sheep!

United could conceivably lose the Cup Final and finish 4th to miss out on a Euro spot. That would be pretty galling for them, so I expect they will be taking this game very seriously.

I think we will take at least a point but going to predict us winning by one goal.

Had a look back at the 0-4 report and our back 4 was Cummins Kerr, McManus and Angol so I am not even taking that result into account.

The 3 -1 game at tannadice was more akin to the hibs game the other year when they gubbed us at fir park as everything went wrong for us. That last game at Utd Hutchy gifted the first goal then one of our defenders was mauled prior to the second goal.

I think this game wil be more like the first 2-2 game but with the good guys coming out on top this time.

I think we will take at least a point but going to predict us winning by one goal.

Had a look back at the 0-4 report and our back 4 was Cummins Kerr, McManus and Angol so I am not even taking that result into account.

The 3 -1 game at tannadice was more akin to the hibs game the other year when they gubbed us at fir park as everything went wrong for us. That last game at Utd Hutchy gifted the first goal then one of our defenders was mauled prior to the second goal.

I think this game wil be more like the first 2-2 game but with the good guys coming out on top this time.

we also should have had about 5 penalties in that friday night game if i recall correctly

Don't forget Gavin Gunning taking out Iain Vigurs off the ball (no penalty) and Gunning's deflected free kick.

Aye they got a fair few breaks, lets not gloss over just how awful we were, when the manager choose to shuffle the deck with players out of position and gamble with players hampered by injury, instead of using players who at very least were fit.

thought it was the worst we could be although when they had it won we looked as though it could be just a blip, until a few days later.

the realisation that injuries mean players need to drop out and that fringe players get their chance was at least forthcoming after that week

Don't forget Gavin Gunning taking out Iain Vigurs off the ball (no penalty) and Gunning's deflected free kick.

Yep, I had forgot about those incidents. I recall now the commentators even wondering in disbelief why the ref did not give a PK..................Ok That's it, we are going to gub them now !!! COYW

Yep, I had forgot about those incidents. I recall now the commentators even wondering in disbelief why the ref did not give a PK..................Ok That's it, we are going to gub them now !!! COYW

In the last year or two we've been on the wrong end of some horrendous refereeing decisions at Tannadice and I hope our luck changes today. Part of the problem may be that United fans moan at the referee from start to finish - they are one of the few sets of fans in the country who can go home after a their side has won a match and played well with long faces moaning about the ref or unfair opposition.

I would have no qualms about us winning today through shocking refereeing decisions - our luck there must surely take a turn for the better. In fact we're due a massive change of luck in our last 4 games.

deflected off faddy's hand, it would have been a pen if not a goal.

despite some poor reffing we were well beat and then some. i think it will be lesson learned today and we will line up much more defensively and we'll see a better attitude from the players.

deflected off faddy's hand, it would have been a pen if not a goal.

Are you sure? As I recall it was daisy cutter. In any event he fairly walloped the ball and if it had ricocheted off someone's hand it would have been a very harsh penalty indeed.

Kerr starting? Hmmm

However, we certainly have options on the bench, Faddy, Ainsworth, Moore.......

I guess Kerr gives a bit more defensive cover down the right, perhaps to offset the potential threat of Robertson? Like you say, plenty of options to change things from the bench.

Absolute garbage. Getting torn to shreds. Too slow, too flat and seemingly not up for this massive game. Not good enough.

I thought we'd seen the last of us playing with no wide left player?

Need changes at half time but will probably wait till it's 3-0

Could've pretty much had 3rd place seen up with a win today but it's not the Motherwell way to do it the easy way...