Fantasy 11

TigerWoodsMFC

Was watching the DVD of all the goals from last season and it got me thinking about this. Who would you have in your team consisting of this years' squad and last years' with 7 subs. And do you think we would be able to challenge for the league with it?Here's mine

GK: Randolph LB:Hammell CB:McManus CB:Hutchinson RB:Reid

LM:Murphy CM:Lasley RM:Ainsworth

CAM:Ojamaa

ST:McFadden ST:Higdon

Subs: Hollis, Hately, Ramsden, Carswell, Vigurs, Sutton, Anier

Was watching the DVD of all the goals from last season and it got me thinking about this. Who would you have in your team consisting of this years' squad and last years' with 7 subs. And do you think we would be able to challenge for the league with it?Here's mine

GK: Randolph LB:Hammell CB:McManus CB:Hutchinson RB:Reid

LM:Murphy CM:Lasley RM:Ainsworth

CAM:Ojamaa

ST:McFadden ST:Higdon

Subs: Hollis, Hately, Ramsden, Carswell, Vigurs, Sutton, Anier

I know his leaving to sevco has tainted his reputation here, but there's no way that Law would not get on this team. He was immense the two seasons he was with us and I think deserved player of the year over Higdon last season. I agree with most of the rest, in fact swapping faddy out for Law, slotting him at CM and pushing Henrik up would be my team. I would also definitely have room in the bench for Humphrey, probably in place of Anier

Edited by TonyS88
  • Like 1

I had completely forgotten about putting Law into the team! Must be trying to erase him from my memory! But yeah, he was one of the stars of that team!

He definitely was, but if I had to choose between Law and Vigurs, I'd be tempted to give Vigurs the nod on recent form. Be happy with either, though.

This thread shows the strange nature of football. We have more points this season than last with 2 games to go.

This seasons team had less time to gel than last seasons.

It is not that i disagree but maybe we need to rethink things a little. This Team will deserve more plaudits than last season if they manage to finish 2nd.

I would have Randolph on goals. I would also have Law and Ojamma but Ainsworth has delivered more than OJamma and Humphrey, despite his weaknesses.

I thought that the team that finished last year was as good a team as I have seen at Fir Park. But this year's team have technically done better.

The big difference with this season's team is lack of draws. Definitely lacking in consistency compared to last season's team, but that is to be expected given the wholesale changes and the injury list we have been dealing with.

If we can add a couple more faces next season and keep the core, we should be capable of improvement.

This thread shows the strange nature of football. We have more points this season than last with 2 games to go.

This seasons team had less time to gel than last seasons.

It is not that i disagree but maybe we need to rethink things a little. This Team will deserve more plaudits than last season if they manage to finish 2nd.

I would have Randolph on goals. I would also have Law and Ojamma but Ainsworth has delivered more than OJamma and Humphrey, despite his weaknesses.

and thats with a stronger Aberdeen and Dundee Uts side this season. Strange indeed. You could say it was our consistency against bottom 6 yet it's those 2 games against St Mirren and Killie that may spring to mind if we don't get into europe. Strange!