Aberdeen V Motherwell 11/05/14

well_said

What a way to spend my first trip to Pittodrie. Motherwell support were awesome and when Reid scored it went mental. Great to see the players joining in the songs at the end of the game and then the Well fans sing along for 30 mins after the game ended.

• Like 2

That was fucking outstanding! Was happy to go in at half time 0-0 but the longer the second half went on we never really threatened too much and when the board went up for 1 minute added time I thought that was us done. What an incredible ending though, similar to Sutton's goal in the 3-3 draw at Easter Road, the ball seemed to take an eternity to hit the net. Was half expecting the whistle to go to disallow the goal but when it sunk in that goal stood the celebrations were easily the best as a Motherwell fan I have experienced.

What an achievement to have finished 2nd in a season where we quite easily could have crumbled after going out the cups early on but the players and management have shown great character to achieve back to back runners up spots. The bois were fantastic yet again today and got the whole Motherwell support going getting right behind the team throughout the 90 minutes. Big Hutchy was immense and best of luck to him wherever he goes next, as long as it's no Sevco, and to the rest of the players that will have played their last game for us today whoever they may be.

Sha la la la la la la la................

• Like 1

Immense. Absolutely immense.

Watched it at home with my dad. I've not celebrated many goals like that, was jumping about my living room shouting & celebrating. Christ knows what my neighbours thought!

The seethe from Aberdeen & their fans just makes it all the more pleasing. :thumbup:

Congratulations fella's (and ladies)

I can certainly have no complaints. Defended superbly, Hutchinson in particular. Bottom line is we failed to break you down, the manner of the goal is irrelevant, it stood and that's all that matters, swings in roundabouts as we are aware.

I'm still happy that we have finished 3rd considering where we have under McGhee and Brown. Also the league cup. We have European football to look forward too, hopefully we can both give a good account of ourselves, I'll tell you what though, Motherwell deserve a huge amount of credit, they never gave up over the course of the season, I think our own fans unrealistic expectations were too much for us to handle as the season went on. Your resources though is what makes it more credible for you, seriously folks, well done.

I hope it's as exciting as this next season, Armageddon they said when der h*n went bust, nonsense. Fantastic end to the season for the neutral.

DonInPeace

• Like 11

Well said, DonInPeace, absolutely delighted to have had the thrill of a final day decider for both second and eleventh. Far from the predictions of doom, this season has been one of the most exciting in memory. Where Motherwell don't have the fanbase, regardless of our performances, Aberdeen have the potential to improve from here and build on their success this season. It's been a cracking year, and both clubs can be proud of their achievements.

How can they in good conscience claim Langfield was fouled? Big John out jumped a keeper whos bottle was crashing at the thought of going in to a tackle ffs. I'm old enough to remember if the keeper held on too long he was apt to get barged over the line lol

Not much else to add to what's been said, quite simply one of the highlights of my Motherwell supporting life. To snatch 2nd spot from the world famous, sleeping giant that is Aberdeen FC, in their own ground in front of a full house with the last kick of the season was fucking tremendous and the scenes during and after will probably only be beaten by a cup win. Absolute bedlam in the away end and the fact that it was a blatant foul as well made it all the fucking sweeter.

McCall got his tactics spot on. If we'd opened up and attacked we'd have been cut open on the break with their pace just like United did to us at Tannadice a few ago. We only needed one and the longer we were in the game and prevented them from scoring the more nervy they became and you sensed there might just be something in for us. When only a minute went up I was raging but what a fucking minute and nobody could have seen that coming.

Outside of his goal Reid done a cracking job on Pawlett who barely had a sniff and Reid had him in his back pocket. Hutch made two top class last ditch tackles to keep us in it and I thought Hammell had a good game as well. The whole team though defended well as a unit and limited Aberdeen to very few chances. They weren't dazzling going forward but they dug in and fought till the end and got their just rewards, like they have done on so many occasions this season.

Seventy points is a fucking tremendous achievement, especially considering who we lost in the summer. What a fantastic season this has turned into and huge credit to McCall and the team.

0,,10292~12828755,00.jpg

Proud.

cheers.gif

• Like 4

Just back in from travelling 20 miles on Southern Californian public transport to find a bar showing it, I must be close to the time and cost you lot who travelled up had to fork out too. Game was a bit flat at times. I watched it on the rerun here in the afternoon, almost kyboshed it before I left when I instinctively kicked on here and had to cover my eyes to avoid the shoutbox.

Yanks couldn't understand why I kept on shouting at the screen when Kerr kept on giving the ball away or when we kicked and rushed poorly, however that last minute foul on the keeper, bundled into the net is more than payback for their foul on the keeper, bundled into the net back in the depths of winter.

Chuffed to bits.

There are also a number of Californian's who have added "bawbag" and the correct use of "fanny" and "shite" into their vocabulary.

Exceeded expectations and the prize money makes quite a difference in a financially dodgy season.

Aye very proud and I don't mind admitting to shedding a tear or two. Only the Cup win comes close to how I felt at the end of the game when I saw the players and what it meant to them.

Lets not kid ourselves on this is like winning the bloody league for us. It's certainly as close to winning the league for us as it's ever likely to be. Thanks Motherwell today will live long in my memory.drinks.gif

1399845481[/url]' post='411846']

Not much else to add to what's been said, quite simply one of the highlights of my Motherwell supporting life. To snatch 2nd spot from the world famous, sleeping giant that is Aberdeen FC, in their own ground in front of a full house with the last kick of the season was fucking tremendous and the scenes during and after will probably only be beaten by a cup win. Absolute bedlam in the away end and the fact that it was a blatant foul as well made it all the fucking sweeter.

They're not famous anymore

That was the goal, not the end.

Yeah I know, great scenes. Been so many disappointments over the last few years against Aberdeen but that was a sweet way to get some revenge. Seemed like an age before the ball finally nestled in the net. Love those moments when sheer bedlam ensues. All credit to McCall and the players for pulling through. Won't be forgetting that moment in a hurry.