Board Statement

Dezz

1400872961[/url]' post='412973']

Great work so far.

What's next?

In amongst fixing up Lasley, making calls on the remaining 3 keepers, Reid &. Ainsworth. we really need to be looking at extensions for guys like Carswell, Leitch, and potentially Vigurs. Generally making sure any 'saleable' assets are on lengthy enough tie-ups

Oh and can we fix out the Dom Thomas situation?

I heard that Thomas had re-signed

I heard that Thomas had re-signed

That's excellent, but we still need to sort out the compensation payment to Celtic. I think that was the only reason he didn't get a shot in the first team last season.

1400877286[/url]' post='412983']

That's excellent, but we still need to sort out the compensation payment to Celtic. I think that was the only reason he didn't get a shot in the first team last season.

Surely that must be time lapsed at some point.

Surely that must be time lapsed at some point.

That's a good question. I have no idea how it works with the youngsters. With the senior players, these types of clauses generally never expire, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was different at that age.

That's the problem, but there are no easy answers. Most leagues in Europe get a lot more TV/Sponsorship money than we do. We rely on gate money for most of our income. If we drop the prices, then we drop the quality of players we attract.

The strategy shouldn't be to attract players, it should be to make players.

I think the recent experience of Darren Randolph's contract running out is proof that long term contracts don't necessarily generate income. It was baffling but sadly reality, that nobody came in for Darren the summer before his last year.

I also think the smaller attendances and the Well Society's target not being achieved is indicative of the current recession. There probably are lots of Motherwell fans out there who just don't have the cash to attend a game, let alone invest. I don't think anyone should feel guilty for not dipping into their pockets.

For me, I'd like Scottish football to acquire more commercial savvy in bringing in sponsorship. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the Sky deal for Rugby League not bigger than Scottish football? I'm not knocking St Helens, Wigan et al, but do they actually attract a bigger viewing audience to Sky than the SPFL?

I think the future of Motherwell lies in chasing money where it's in supply - not squeezing dribbles from where cash is tight.

I think the future of Motherwell lies in chasing money where it's in supply - not squeezing dribbles from where cash is tight.

yes.gif

Maybe too controversial for some, however, I would not be adverse to whoring out our stadium for cash if it meant securing the financial survival of our club. I remember a few years ago Real Radio were rumoured to be interested in advertising their wares at Fir Park (The Real Radio Stadium?). This may just been a myth, however, we should be looking at bigger avenues to generate income even if it means a short or long term change to our stadium name. Trying to squeeze more money out of empty fan pockets will not keep our team afloat. Our new general manger’s number one aim should be to generate some much needed cash ‘Flow (if you pardon the pun) into a club that is leaking money on a daily basis.

yes.gif

Maybe too controversial for some, however, I would not be adverse to whoring out our stadium for cash if it meant securing the financial survival of our club. I remember a few years ago Real Radio were rumoured to be interested in advertising their wares at Fir Park (The Real Radio Stadium?). This may just been a myth, however, we should be looking at bigger avenues to generate income even if it means a short or long term change to our stadium name. Trying to squeeze more money out of empty fan pockets will not keep our team afloat. Our new general manger’s number one aim should be to generate some much needed cash ‘Flow (if you pardon the pun) into a club that is leaking money on a daily basis.

Selling the naming rights to Fir Park for a few years is a great idea as long as it was for a decent wedge of cash. Nobody would care what it was called as they would still refer to it as Fir Park so easy money for the club.

Thats the kind of extra income streams the club should be exploring,

That said, as mentioned, things like not having a fans game this year is a shame.

'Flow said on Twitter this morning they're planning to do it on an international weekend later this year, couldn't do it any earlier due to remedial work on pitch to host Women's International in June.

We already do that

When did that happen? I hadn't realised that our stadium name was available to the highest bidder. How much does it cost?

Well we do it with one stand, The Maxim Office Park South Stand not sure who would want to sponsor the East Stand and we cannot change the names of the POD or Cooper stands

how does it work with the red bull teams? Like Redbull Salzburg, Red Bull New York? Have they done the the same but with the team name instead of their stadium? Would anyone on here be happy if we became Motherwell Red Bulls or something along those lines... Selling the club name for a couple of seasons at a time to a big name brand could be profitable but don't see it going down well.

1400969761[/url]' post='413075']

how does it work with the red bull teams? Like Redbull Salzburg, Red Bull New York? Have they done the the same but with the team name instead of their stadium? Would anyone on here be happy if we became Motherwell Red Bulls or something along those lines... Selling the club name for a couple of seasons at a time to a big name brand could be profitable but don't see it going down well.

Motherwell Mad Dog, sounds good

Come on Maka. There are a small group on here that do their best to keep the heat off you, but Jesus fuck you don't half make their jobs difficult.

• Like 1

With red bull you don't sell it for a few seasons, you sell it forever, they remove your history and claim you're a new entity, effectively. No thanks.