Board Statement

Dezz

With red bull you don't sell it for a few seasons, you sell it forever, they remove your history and claim you're a new entity, effectively. No thanks.

ah.. fuck that then... It was a serious question though as I didn't know how it worked...

Yoshi...Thanks. I know, I knew it wasn't gonna go well for me, admit it went a lot better for me than I thought but I thought I might ask anyway. Have to work at how I word things at times on here.

Couldn't we effectively "hire" out our name for a couple of seasons? How would that work with league regulations etc?

We've made big mistakes in the past and got lucky when Falkirk made a mess of their new stadium plans but we learned and moved on. Although our finances aren't great (which clubs are?) we should consider ourselves fortunate we have the Board we have when you look at the likes of Sevco, Hearts and Hibs.

We've made big mistakes in the past and got lucky when Falkirk made a mess of their new stadium plans but we learned and moved on. Although our finances aren't great (which clubs are?) we should consider ourselves fortunate we have the Board we have when you look at the likes of Sevco, Hearts and Hibs.

You are right Dave, for a "wee diddy club" as some refer to us we do ok, and so far the Football armageddon predicted after Rangers died has not happened. We seem to be living within our means, a bit hand to mouth at times but we are getting there. I can only hope that the new general manager and the board can unearth some other revenue streams / income to give us a bit of leeway if the Well society is not going to hit it's target.

We seem to be living within our means

Really!? That's what you got from the board statement?

Sadly, in terms of off the field performance we are one of the clubs who has suffered the most as a result of Rangers demise. It might not be football armageddon but it's been pretty close to a financial disaster for us. Our success on the pitch has only masked that and the inevitable season McCall doesn't perform miracles gives me the fear.

Personally I think that statement spells the beginning of the end of the Well Society. We just don't have the fan base to make it work. I am hoping that the other forms of investment being hinted at are already being put in place because there is no way the society will bring in the extra half a million or so needed to meet that target. There are just not enough fans who can afford to gift the club money.

Hopefully an improving economy will see more interest in investment from the local business community. That's the only way I can see us raising the money we need to survive long term.

• Like 1