9 Years Ago Today

decorator

Happy memories. Sitting up the far end of the East Stand right next to that lot in the South when Skippy hit the 2 goals, both goals i ended up about 5 rows further down than where i started. And the walk back to Jack Daniels with them all calling us "dirty or**ge bast**ds" because thats their natural reaction to a defeat from a provincial club. The T.V pictures of them greetin their eyes out will stay with me forever :)

Couldn't make this game, so wanted to go! My dad a former blue nose took me to his pals who were all celtic fans (were even a paddy and a mick there) which made it even better. Never saw folk react so angrily result, doors were punched etc! Me I loved it.. Was smuggest I've ever been! They had just calmed down and it came on that rangers would lift the title and that set them off all over again... I would say being surrounded by celtic fans that day could have made not going feel a lot better

For me it was all about Celtic not winning the league on our patch over and above the rare joy of beating one of the old firm. Rangers winning the league because of it gave me no joy whatsoever and didn't really enter my head. It was fabulous though!

Celtic winning the league against us for 9 in a row is before my time. We've done pretty well with Skippy Sunday and games against Rangers when they could have won the league in 91 and 97 (?). Compare that with Kilmarnock who seem to keep having to witness title celebrations.

For me it was all about Celtic not winning the league on our patch over and above the rare joy of beating one of the old firm. Rangers winning the league because of it gave me no joy whatsoever and didn't really enter my head. It was fabulous though!

Celtic winning the league against us for 9 in a row is before my time. We've done pretty well with Skippy Sunday and games against Rangers when they could have won the league in 91 and 97 (?). Compare that with Kilmarnock who seem to keep having to witness title celebrations.

Just to clarify it was the first one of their 9 in a row.