Coincidence Or Not

yosemite sam

So that adds to the suggestion that JP leaving has left us with noticeable injury absences!

Nothing against the Adam Stokes or Aileen Anderson (though she has only been in the job a week), but clearly JP knew what he was doing and still managed to keep the players fit!

But I also think it's just been a slow start for some players and a niggle early on in the season is not uncommon! Better having one now than one in the run in before the split!

I'm putting it down to coincidence at this point.

Ramsden - he has always been a bit of a bombscare with injuries.

Lawson - it seems like he has never been fully fit since January 2014.

Erwin - has a short history of injuries.

Hammell & Angol - ok, not the most injury prone, possibly coincidence?

Moore - out before JP was gone.

Ferguson - coincidence?

It seems to be general resilience that seems to be a bit poor in some of our squad.

I don't know anything much about physiotherapy and the techniques employed to attempt to ensure as many of the squad are as fit as possible for as long as possible.

But it has been said on a few occasions in the past that running with a smaller squad is a calculated gamble on the club's part. That they would rather go for a smaller squad with quality than a deeper squad of less capable players.

When you have quirky situations like last year when we had all our right-backs unavailable to us, and this season when all our left-backs are unavailable to us cropping up, for me it seems just that the gamble has caught up with us and is having a jolly good chuckle at our expense.

But it has been said on a few occasions in the past that running with a smaller squad is a calculated gamble on the club's part. That they would rather go for a smaller squad with quality than a deeper squad of less capable players.

When you have quirky situations like last year when we had all our right-backs unavailable to us, and this season when all our left-backs are unavailable to us cropping up, for me it seems just that the gamble has caught up with us and is having a jolly good chuckle at our expense.

Very true Andy. The club has said its taken a calculated gamble and it came off last season...just. We're only weeks into a new season and that's now 2 on the trot in which we've had a shocking run on injuries. You pays your money you takes your choice.

The last time Hammell missed this many games for Motherwell he was playing for Southend! It may not all be down to John Porteous but our training methods etc are surely questionable when we are carrying so many injuries at once and have started a season with so many injuries not to mention players unfit.