Muirhouse Community Hub

SteelmaninOZ

Because the Community Trust won't be paying for that - it's a charity.

They might partner with a new stadium (funded from elsewhere), of course, but given the likelihood of a move seems to have faded recently, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

I agree, dwindling support and interest in Scottish football from sponsors to TV exec's at present combined with 5-6 home games with teams who bring decent supports replaced with Ross County and alike with little or no developer interest in our current ground means it's a very hard one to sell or envisage unless MJC wins the Euromillions.

Like anything through the trust, they tap into quango money and allow the first team and u20's get first dibs. Good deal all round with minimal club outlay and more importantly maintaining as much cash as possible for the player budget.

Would have been nicer attached to Ravenscraig as the Muirhouse site is out the way but its probably because Ravenscraig carries a premium than this site is being considered.

The muirhouse site is just round the corner - 5 mins walk from for park.

5 mins walk? What you got on your feet to manage that? :P

Creativity and some future thought has to be welcomed and for the sum mentioned - all points towards a win win situation for the club. I've seen at first hand what facilities others have against cost outlays and we'd move way and above some. Yes, it's only artist impressions... Still, be interesting how the council approach the plans given the white elephant facility they helped create just up the road.

Still, be interesting how the council approach the plans given the white elephant facility they helped create just up the road.

The next stage will be the submission of a planning application at which point anyone is able to make formal comment.

5 mins walk? What you got on your feet to manage that? :P

Creativity and some future thought has to be welcomed and for the sum mentioned - all points towards a win win situation for the club. I've seen at first hand what facilities others have against cost outlays and we'd move way and above some. Yes, it's only artist impressions... Still, be interesting how the council approach the plans given the white elephant facility they helped create just up the road.

Fair enough - google maps says its a mile away so about 15/20mins! :-) It dosn't feel like that when we park near there on match days sometimes!

Would have been nicer attached to Ravenscraig as the Muirhouse site is out the way but its probably because Ravenscraig carries a premium than this site is being considered.

But this is how they manage to get the funding, its a Community initiative, so they would have to get the support of local residents,schools, clubs and associations so that the benefits are for the local area.

With Ravenscraig having little to no housing, the community element is gone and the funding would have to come from somewhere else.

I remember something similar being touted for Victoria Park in Newmains not too long ago and I'm pretty sure the MCT were involved in that also, bringing Newmains Utd in as their amateur team.

• 2 years later...

Anyone know if this has been shelved? Tweeted & emailed the trust but haven't had anything back. Last update on the website (Feb 14) suggests progress is imminent.

Looked like a good fit to our Community brand, but perhaps no longer financially viable... If it ever was.

I think the issue was more the fights for the land. Local residents were very protective of the site and didn't want it falling into our hands to their possible detriment.

The last I heard was that other sites were being looked into

• Like 1

They have to balance financial benefit with community benefit. Thsts a decision for councillors.

If it's the councilors that are making the decision they will be balancing the benefit to the community against the financial benefit to their own back pockets.

Allegedly.

Hamilton has benefited from the SLC deal and now has excellent facilities where once there was red ash pitches. (Although I miss the shows coming...)

Would be nice to see something similar in Motherwell with MFC at the heart of it. However I'm not sure if NLC are any more pro-MFC than they used to be (ie. Not at all), and it would be great to see the re-elected and newly elected Councillors getting behind the project.

Although mibbe fitba isnae posh enough for some...

The new parks. I doubt the council will give that away.

Not saying they will give it away. They have been actively looking to offload the area for a few years having now condemned the Pavilion and it's use. Our amateur team would be among the last to utilise the facility on a regular basis. As I recall, a local boys club recently failed in their attempt to take the place over.

It would certainly align with the current zoning of 'leisure use'.