Fir Park Flexi Ticket

Toxteth O'Grady

It works for me and my circumstances. However I suppose the club won't know the success until August next season when they'll find out if people will opt for these opposed to season tickets. If its the former, then that causes a potentially serious cashflow issue, however I've faith this has been considered before today's announcement.

There is potential to have sub 1,500 crowds against unfancied teams on a February midweek, if you'd rather save one of your tickets for the weekend.

Also, if it looks like we finish anywhere from 5th to 8th before the split I doubt many will buy a 5 game package to see out the season. At least with season ticket holders you've kinda compelled them to attend.

• Like 1

Good, sensible plan by the club. You can find similar ticket packages or voucher systems for baseball here in the States. Very typical to see 10-game or 20-game plans offered by both major league and minor league franchises. (Note that they play 70 home games in the minors, 81 in the majors.) Minor league teams tend to be even more creative, offering Friday-Saturday-Sunday game only ticket packages or packages for only games against affiliates of particular major league teams.

The plan should pull income into the team that likely wouldn't be there if fans were only going to pay at the gate, since they've already laid out the money for the vouchers. It may also prove to be a more popular option than half-season tickets; perhaps the success/failure of this plan will help determine whether the club offers half-season tickets for the 2015/16 season.

One potential tweak to the plan would be to discount the cost-per-game (cpg) of the flexi-tickets at a lower rate than full-season tickets. That is usually the case in the baseball ticket plans here (full-season ticket cpg

Potentially disastrous move by the club, but then maybe they can see income figures tht require a roll of the dice.

with match scheduling being so horrific, these could be very popular

Realistically, at those prices they will likley be more popular than ST's

edit: @PD the prices are exactly in line with what you are asking a tweak for, ST£pg

its just that its pennies, between the tickets and multiple pounds for the walk up punters , that are more likley to boost crowds if not for cost

Break the habit, lose the fans, same impact as terrible match scheduling

• Like 1

Meet up earlier?

Agree with this, great idea but be even better if you can just rock up & get it stamped or something or hand a voucher over. Whilst for some this could be more about affordability / value for money, others who don't get there too often is likely to be down to proximity to motherwell or other commitments

I think it's a good idea. I would say that of course as I've been one of the people pushing for something like it in the past! smile.gif

It's the kind of thing I think would be ideal for the likes of my sister. Not a regular attendee due to work commitments but can attend anything between a couple and half a dozen home games a season. It immediately stands out as an easy and attractive Christmas present and even if she doesn't get to her full quota of matches, it's money in the bank for MFC.

The 1:30pm cut off seems to have attracted a bit of comment. It seems a fairly reasonable compromise to me of offering the flexibility of booking games in advance and preventing a build up of annoyed fans and flustered staff as kick off nears.

The ticket office is hardly the biggest, it already can be a busy wee place in the run up to kick-off and I'm sure having a queue up the street of people waiting to get tickets printed off at ten to three wouldn't be particularly pleasant for either punters and ticket office staff.

It may be over time the club will look to develop or tweak the initiative further depending upon uptake. I'm thinking for example of Glasgow Warriors at Scotstoun where you can print off your own ticket and its scanned by a yellow jaiket as you enter the ground by passing the ticket office completely.

Let's give it time and see how it goes.

It may be over time the club will look to develop or tweak the initiative further depending upon uptake. I'm thinking for example of Glasgow Warriors at Scotstoun where you can print off your own ticket and its scanned by a yellow jaiket as you enter the ground by passing the ticket office completely.

QR scanning is about 50 times faster than the snail's pace of our ticket office.

Just a question, with family commitments, work, holidays, etc. In a 19 game home SPFL season how many games does your average season ticket holder miss through one of these? Looking at the pricing structure released, you can attend 15 games for £232 which I think would suit a number of season ticket holders.

I think there's a good chance the club could be missing out on 25% of a decent revenue stream from a sizeable number of the support next season. If the pricing structure was weighted towards a season ticket in the east for example you have £295 Earlybird (not full price £310)/ 19 games = £15.50 and that £15.50 is the multiplier used to calculate the Flexi tickets why would anyone ever buy a full price season ticket ever again.

It begs the question where the advantage of a season ticket going forward?