The Next Manager, Who Would You Want And Who Could We Get

stuwell

If my memory is correct, we installed Davies, Butcher and Malpas immediately on announcing their predecessors being sacked, but McGhee, McCall and Gannon were all out of nowhere. I am sure that when we appointed McLeish, Kampmann and Black the papers had the story a few days in advance, and had their names mentioned.

I have released memories I shouldn't have, off to sit in a dark room.

If my memory is correct, we installed Davies, Butcher and Malpas immediately on announcing their predecessors being sacked, but McGhee, McCall and Gannon were all out of nowhere. I am sure that when we appointed McLeish, Kampmann and Black the papers had the story a few days in advance, and had their names mentioned.

I have released memories I shouldn't have, off to sit in a dark room.

I remember writing in a fanzine that the Daily Record named 22 people before McLeish (none of the 22 were 'McLeish')

I'm hoping you have just picked up a form of tourettes and that was just a spontaneous shout of random vulgarities

johnny davidson, arthur daley

Unfortunately not. Not saying he's a stick on, but he is very interested and I gather we'll listen to what he has to offer. A very reliable source who told me McGhee was going to be our manager well before it was announced.

A very unexpected discussion over the phone about it tonight.

From Wikipedia...

In June 2005, Roberts was appointed manager of Clyde. He only had three players under contract, and held open trials in an attempt to get new players. Roberts gave the supporters their greatest day in years, when his Clyde side defeated Celtic in the Scottish Cup in January 2006.[3] Earlier in the season, Clyde took Rangersto extra time at Ibrox Stadium in the Scottish League Cup. Roberts was sacked by Clyde in August 2006 after allegations he made racist remarks.[3] An employment tribunal found that the allegations were "either highly exaggerated or possibly not true" and awarded Roberts £32,000 compensation for unfair dismissal.[3]In September 2010, he was hired as consultant to the Pakistan national football team to assist the coaching staff.[4] Roberts was appointed as head coach in the following month.[5]

He then joined the Nepal national football team in January 2011. In March 2012 he stepped down as coach after a 3-0 defeat to Turkmenistan in the 2012 AFC Challenge Cup.[6] It is said that he was unhappy about Nepal Army "conscripting" two of their players and it played a part in his resignation.

huh.gif

Jesus H Christ.

Has he expressed an interest as well?

To be honest, none of the names that have been mentioned as favourites recently have inspired any real enthusiasm. Have to figure that whoever we end up with will have a fair bit to do to win over the fans.

I reckon that Kenny Black will be in charge until the ownership issue is clarified anyway...

Has he expressed an interest as well?

To be honest, none of the names that have been mentioned as favourites recently have inspired any real enthusiasm. Have to figure that whoever we end up with will have a fair bit to do to win over the fans.

I reckon that Kenny Black will be in charge until the ownership issue is clarified anyway...

Having said that, and it's not exclusive to Motherwell, Jose Mourinho could be mentioned and some folk would still moan.

For example Jimmy Calderwoods CV is pretty impressive, he was the last manager before McInness to get Aberdeen in the top 6, and did it every year, took them to the knockout stages of the Europa league...

Having said that, and it's not exclusive to Motherwell, Jose Mourinho could be mentioned and some folk would still moan.

For example Jimmy Calderwoods CV is pretty impressive, he was the last manager before McInness to get Aberdeen in the top 6, and did it every year, took them to the knockout stages of the Europa league...

No track record of working with no resources!

No track record of working with no resources!

I do agree with that point, both Dunfermline and Aberdeen were spending decent money on experienced players during his tenure.

It was just an example of some positives for a random candidate, as every name mentioned is met with a negative reaction.

The reality is, we are Motherwell, most of the candidates are going to be inexperienced, or have some black marks on their CV. Someone at the very bottom on the way up, or someone trying to get back up after being knocked down.

I do agree with that point, both Dunfermline and Aberdeen were spending decent money on experienced players during his tenure.

It was just an example of some positives for a random candidate, as every name mentioned is met with a negative reaction.

The reality is, we are Motherwell, most of the candidates are going to be inexperienced, or have some black marks on their CV. Someone at the very bottom on the way up, or someone trying to get back up after being knocked down.

Kind of like Stuart McCall, Gannon and McGhee then.

The more time passes and with the uncertainty regarding the Well Society and possible consortiums, the more I suspect we'll be going with Kenny Black until this uncertainty is resolved. Who would want the job right now with talk of takeovers? Job security in football management is poor at the best of times but with talk of the Society not making its target and foreign owners, you'd need to be a lunatic to take the Motherwell job right now...