When Was The Last Time...

ONeils40yarder

The season isnae over? Fucking hell, would never have guessed. I'd still like to know the fucking answer

As they assume the position, current free fall could well be record breaking given they'd be the only team to have amassed a certain level of points in the first quarter & yet fail to land a top six berth. Weren't the best team we have faced no matter what some mentioned on here.

Whilst they have sold merchandise with 'Pride of Lanarkshire' on the back of two poorer than poor performances from us & talked of European qualification... rumours abound of the cash that's washed over there propping them up may well run out :whistling:

The season isnae over? Fucking hell, would never have guessed. I'd still like to know the fucking answer

By my quick research (which you could have done yourself, lazy bassa), 1953-54 season when Accies finished bottom of the First Division (16th) and we won the 2nd Division - which still means we had a better season than them.

I don't think there is a chance in hell we will catch Accies this season!

Right now I'd settle for finishing 10th and getting shot of every single out of contract player we have in the summer. If there is anyway we could cancel McManus and Reids contract also although I appreciate that's highly unlikely.

Question for the stattos....when was the last time we were this bad?!?! Could be 40 years? This season is certainly much much worse than the Malpas season. It certainly feels it and I'm sure the points gained by this point then would back that assertion up.

• Like 1

It's worth a bet I'm pretty confident we will finish the season higher than Accies. The next 3 games should tell us a lot but 3 wins and we will be looking a good bet for that. There is only 17 points between us if we find form and their free fall continues that gap can shrink in no time.

• Like 1

It's worth a bet I'm pretty confident we will finish the season higher than Accies. The next 3 games should tell us a lot but 3 wins and we will be looking a good bet for that. There is only 17 points between us if we find form and their free fall continues that gap can shrink in no time.

I'd say next 5 games are up for grabs if we can string some half decent performances together.

Question for the stattos....when was the last time we were this bad?!?! Could be 40 years? This season is certainly much much worse than the Malpas season. It certainly feels it and I'm sure the points gained by this point then would back that assertion up.

Well im not a stato, but im not a panty wetter either. Christmas 2008 we were joint bottom of the league after a shite performance at Accies if i remember correctly?

Well im not a stato, but im not a panty wetter either. Christmas 2008 we were joint bottom of the league after a shite performance at Accies if i remember correctly?

My link

That's a link to the table from xmas 2008. Joint bottom but also 9 points off sixth with a game in hand and from memory Craigan and Clarkson coming back from injuries.

9 goals from 15 games is the problem at the moment. We have only scored more than once in a game once in 17 domestic games. We haven't took a single point from a game where we went behind. This is the worst season i've ever seen so far.

My link

That's a link to the table from xmas 2008. Joint bottom but also 9 points off sixth with a game in hand and from memory Craigan and Clarkson coming back from injuries.

9 goals from 15 games is the problem at the moment. We have only scored more than once in a game once in 17 domestic games. We haven't took a single point from a game where we went behind. This is the worst season i've ever seen so far.

^We are 11points off 6th place right now. With games against Ross County and St Mirren coming up we could be much closer by christmas.

Of course the reverse is true, we could be miles off the pace and rock bottom on our own by Christmas. The point is that Milo asked if it was our worst in 40years, the reality is that we only need to go back 6years for a similar struggle.

Funny that.....but I seem to remember the Malpish season as being much worse than this yin

The Malpas season was poor but we had a lot of players who did well after they left fir park: quinn, reynolds, paterson, foran, clarkson, mccormack, murphy and mcdonald all brought in a fee when they left. I'd be very surprised if anyone over the age of 21 in our squad ever plays at a better level.

The problem then was Malpas and Hegarty, the new manager is going to have a much harder time turning it round.

^We are 11points off 6th place right now. With games against Ross County and St Mirren coming up we could be much closer by christmas.

Of course the reverse is true, we could be miles off the pace and rock bottom on our own by Christmas. The point is that Milo asked if it was our worst in 40years, the reality is that we only need to go back 6years for a similar struggle.

The lack of goals makes it worse than either of those two seasons for me. We've scored 10 goals in 17 domestic games, under Malpas we scored 8 in league cup ties.

You also have to factor in Rangers, Hearts and Hibs being out the league this season and that back then there weren't teams like ICT and Accies out performing us on a fraction of the budget.

Accies might well be outperforming us for a few games so far this season, but given that they have been mostly stuck in the lower leagues recently, I think I'll take our budget and overall performances, thanks.

I have no idea what budget ICT are on, but I'd be shocked if it wasn't similar to ours.

But for all that, in the past few years we have been the team that everyone that outspent us looked up to. Sooner or later, some of those teams (and the teams we outspent) were going to have a better season than us. Right now, I'm more concerned about getting the best out of our team and seeing where that takes us, rather than worrying about who spends what.

The message coming out of Fir Park at present is that ICT's player budget is around 2/3rds of ours and that is the level we will be operating at next year.

I agree that we were always going to fall back but it shouldn't have been this season.

It should have been last season after the close season clear out that happened.

It should have been last season after the close season clear out that happened.

+1 on this. I expected last season would be the struggle after the transition.

Having said that, I have been watching this mob long enough to know that any season could turn out like this one. With such a small squad, it only takes a few players to drop performance levels and/or an injury or two to kick off a downward spiral that can be difficult to escape. Just like winning can become a habit, losing can become a habit too.