• 14 Lasley - check
  • 05 Hutchinson
  • 06 McManus - check
  • 25 Ainsworth - check
  • 11 Vigurs - check
  • 09 Sutton- check
  • 20 Kerr- check
  • 17 Francis-Angol - check

It could be argued Dan is a better keeper.

Anyway 9 of the 11 that finished 2nd last year are now labelled by some the worst players in the past 30 years, get a bloody grip.

Ian was brought in to give a much needed confidence boost, and already we have some wanting a P45 if things dont change over night.

As soon as confidence returns we will see a massive improvement for sure.

We struggled to regain confidence after our captain gave away 3 penaltys in a euro tie,then out on penalty's to accies put us back again. We will get another chance we just need to take it when it comes.

Edited by Leanne
  • Like 3

• 01 Hollis
  • 02 Reid - check
  • 03 Hammell - check
  • 14 Lasley - check
  • 05 Hutchinson
  • 06 McManus - check
  • 25 Ainsworth - check
  • 11 Vigurs - check
  • 09 Sutton- check
  • 20 Kerr- check
  • 17 Francis-Angol - check

It could be argued Dan is a better keeper.

Anyway 9 of the 11 that finished 2nd last year are now labelled by some the worst players in the past 30 years, get a bloody grip.

Ian was brought in to give a much needed confidence boost, and already we have some wanting a P45 if things dont change over night.

As soon as confidence returns we will see a massive improvement for sure.

We struggled to regain confidence after our captain gave away 3 penaltys in a euro tie,then out on penalty's to accies put us back again. We will get another chance we just need to take it when it comes.

The absence of Hutchinson has been exaggerated, we conceded horrendous amounts of goals last season as well, we conceded 3 or more goals in 11 leagues matches last season. The difference was we were scoring goals.

As for the team, I'm afraid it is the worst team in 30 years. Our performances this season have been abysmal in every regard, from heavy defeats, lack of goals, no quality play or performances, the defeated posture of most of the team, even most of the 17 points that we've accumulated were ill deserved. We've taken 10 points from St. Mirren and Ross County and deserved none of them on quality of play.

Perhaps the last time I felt any where near as bleak about Motherwell was in the latter days of Alex McLeish and a lot of that team finished 2nd in a much more convincing style, in a much stronger league than those above. However that didn't make those seasons any easier or the performances any less terrible.

You get judged on results, performances, even attitude and so far this season is by some distance the worst I've ever seen. The fact that we finished 2nd last time only underlines how badly those players have let us down this season and underperformed in a completely unacceptable way.

• Like 1

The absence of Hutchinson has been exaggerated, we conceded horrendous amounts of goals last season as well, we conceded 3 or more goals in 11 leagues matches last season. The difference was we were scoring goals.

As for the team, I'm afraid it is the worst team in 30 years. Our performances this season have been abysmal in every regard, from heavy defeats, lack of goals, no quality play or performances, the defeated posture of most of the team, even most of the 17 points that we've accumulated were ill deserved. We've taken 10 points from St. Mirren and Ross County and deserved none of them on quality of play.

Perhaps the last time I felt any where near as bleak about Motherwell was in the latter days of Alex McLeish and a lot of that team finished 2nd in a much more convincing style, in a much stronger league than those above. However that didn't make those seasons any easier or the performances any less terrible.

You get judged on results, performances, even attitude and so far this season is by some distance the worst I've ever seen. The fact that we finished 2nd last time only underlines how badly those players have let us down this season and underperformed in a completely unacceptable way.

good write up, confidence is the key and our man Ian will sort it, keep the faith

Was it the best points tally ever last season?

We were woeful in Aberdeen. A must win game and we didn't threaten until the last 5 minutes. If it hadn't been for an outstanding performance from Hutchinson, we'd have lost by 2 or 3.

The players were also playing for an 'extra few quid' that day.

Nobody remembers how well teams did or did'nt play it's scoring more goals than your opponents that count. I would settle for another performance like that against Untd on Saturday, 90 + minutes of backs to the wall defending, not losing any goals and scoring a winner in injury time :nod:

Nobody remembers how well teams did or did'nt play it's scoring more goals than your opponents that count. I would settle for another performance like that against Untd on Saturday, 90 + minutes of backs to the wall defending, not losing any goals and scoring a winner in injury time :nod:

I think you're missing the point here that this decline wasn't as unexpected as it appears.

• Like 1

I think you're missing the point here that this decline wasn't as unexpected as it appears.

Not missed the point at all, yes we were poor on numerous occasions last season but we scored goals rode our luck and won games and did it consistently enough to finish best of the rest for the 2nd year running, 3 if you count the 3rd place behind Sevco.

So having been the top end of the table for a few years and only losing one player in Hutchinson (not counting Faddy as he was brutal last season), then most if not all well fans would have predicted more of the same this term. How many people were on this forum in August predicting us as relegation strugglers (apart from MJC and Steelboy) nobody. So our complete and utter shambles of a season so far is a shock to me and i am sure many other fans feel the same.

• Like 1

So having been the top end of the table for a few years and only losing one player in Hutchinson (not counting Faddy as he was brutal last season), then most if not all well fans would have predicted more of the same this term. How many people were on this forum in August predicting us as relegation strugglers (apart from MJC and Steelboy) nobody. So our complete and utter shambles of a season so far is a shock to me and i am sure many other fans feel the same.

+1

I was expecting a mid table finish this year given our failure to clear out an ineffectual central midfield. On paper the squad looked good enough for 5/6/7 th spot.

Not missed the point at all, yes we were poor on numerous occasions last season but we scored goals rode our luck and won games and did it consistently enough to finish best of the rest for the 2nd year running, 3 if you count the 3rd place behind Sevco.

We didn't finish behind Sevco, we finished behind Rangers, Sevco weren't formed until after the season finished. Or are you suggesting Rangers and Sevco are the same club?

• Like 2