Ross County V Motherwell14/02/15

Yabba's Turd

If said Motherwell fans are the type of business people who would get shot of a manager mere weeks after him coming into a job that is always going to be difficult then the chances are they wouldn't be very successful, yes. Especially when he's only just got some of his own personnel through the door.

By your thinking the new manager should have brought a whole load of new faces into a squad in January, trained them for two weeks and have them all gelled and firing on all cylinders 45 minutes into their first match. Don't get me wrong, it would have been ideal if that were the case, but you can hardly look at it not being the case as a sign that he doesn't know the basics.

I'm not actually sure what some fans are wanting to happen here. We're shite. We're in a relegation battle. There's no quick fix to this situation.

I doubt Pep Guardiola could get us playing well at the moment.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

So 70 minutes into Baraclough's 9th match, we are being thumped and outplayed by the bottom of the league. What is your excuse for that?

Successful business people can recognise a mistake when they make it and they can also spot when reacting to a situation is better than allowing it to threaten the future of the business.

Pep Guardiola would certainly have us playing well and winning because he is a terrific football coach and brilliant motivator. We play in a sub standard league and when you look around it, a good coach makes all the difference.

That's exactly what I mean. The idea of some sort of committee running our club, especially if those on that committee are anything like some people on this forum really does give me the fear. We'd be sacking managers and tearing up contracts right, left & centre.

The club IS CURRENTLY being run by people with no experience of running a football club!

I just don't have much faith in an interview panel where 3 of the 4 interviewers have no experience at the task. Hutchinson doesn't have any experience in football and Burrows and McCafferty in my experience fall too far into the happy clapper mindset.

Hopefully if we sack Barraclough we might bring in someone with a bit of experience to help us pick the next manager.

Despite some sense conveyed in a number of your recent posts, unfortunately ..... you're back to your default setting.

So 70 minutes into Baraclough's 9th match, we are being thumped and outplayed by the bottom of the league. What is your excuse for that?

My excuse? There is no excuse. There's a reason though, and that reason is that we're shite.

There are three pretty dire sides in this league at the moment, and we're one of them.

Successful business people can recognise a mistake when they make it and they can also spot when reacting to a situation is better than allowing it to threaten the future of the business.

Okay, so we lose this game, get to Monday and sack Baraclough (along with his assistant who will have been here for all of what? 48 hours or something?). What then?

Who do we put in charge in the interim? What do we do with the players that Baraclough has identified as guys that he wanted and just brought in? Do we give the new assistant the job during the time it takes to restart the search for a new guy? Or do we simply go to MVDG and say "aye Mitch, ye were second choice, but fuck it, ye want the job now big man?"

If he says yes he comes into a squad of players that hardly know each other, and a load of new players that were identified by the previous manager and who may not even factor into how he wants to play. A bit like the guys that Baraclough inherited from McCall.

Going down that road would pretty much increase our chances of relegation in my opinion.

The alternative? Give the new guy some time. I don't mean 9 or 10 games after he inherited a load of shite that was already looking doomed, I mean a proper amount of time to do his job.

He's been given the backing to bring in some new players, some of which actually look exciting and of a decent calibre.

Here's a novel idea. Support the team and the manager and let's see what he's capable of. I swear to God, we must have some of the shittest fans in the fucking league. We were moaning like fuck when we were sitting 3rd in the table, moaning like fuck when we were qualifying for Europe regularly, moaning like fuck when we had no money, moaning like fuck about the Well Society and fan ownership, and now we're moaning like fuck despite the new owner putting his hand in his pocket and drafting in some exciting young players to try and help us out of a bind, all because they aren't getting the job done in the first game they've played together.

• Like 5

The alternative? Give the new guy some time. I don't mean 9 or 10 games after he inherited a load of shite that was already looking doomed, I mean a proper amount of time to do his job.

Here's a novel idea. Support the team and the manager and let's see what he's capable of. I swear to God, we must have some of the shittest fans in the fucking league. We were moaning like fuck when we were sitting 3rd in the table, moaning like fuck when we were qualifying for Europe regularly, moaning like fuck when we had no money, moaning like fuck about the Well Society and fan ownership, and now we're moaning like fuck despite the new owner putting his hand in his pocket and drafting in some exciting young players to try and help us out of a bind, all because they aren't getting the job done in the first game they've played together.

Hear hear.

• Like 1

Today had potential to be a bit of a lottery. Next few weeks are pivotal where the players must bed in well while addressing our inability to defend or maintain possession.

Judging by the radio commentary, Grant and Johnson have something about them. Main disappointment for me was to hear that we went with Sutton upfront on his own, a tactic that hasn't worked since Nancy in 2008.

Key run of games at Fir Park now. Hopefully get Pearson and Hammell back, which would make a helluva difference.

The fans that accept no wins in 7, 6 goals in 9 games and getting beaten by the team who are bottom of the league are a big part of the problem at this club.

We have no standards which is why we went into europe completely unfit and got beat off a part time team, have -31 goal difference and have been forced to watch a load of imposters on the park.

The fans that accept no wins in 7, 6 goals in 9 games and getting beaten by the team who are bottom of the league are a big part of the problem at this club.

We have no standards which is why we went into europe completely unfit and got beat off a part time team, have -31 goal difference and have been forced to watch a load of imposters on the park.

You really are a pollution at times on these boards.

What do you mean by "accept"? From what I've seen and from what I've heard talking to fellow fans no one is "accepting" anything.

We just aren't being irrational and looking for all and sundry to be sacked and replaced is all. It would be a completely different situation if the manager had been in charge for the duration of the season, but he hasn't. He's only just managed to get some of his own players in (and his own assistant probably hasn't even got his initials sown onto his jacket yet), so lets see how that goes, eh?

My excuse? There is no excuse. There's a reason though, and that reason is that we're shite.

There are three pretty dire sides in this league at the moment, and we're one of them.

Okay, so we lose this game, get to Monday and sack Baraclough (along with his assistant who will have been here for all of what? 48 hours or something?). What then?

Who do we put in charge in the interim? What do we do with the players that Baraclough has identified as guys that he wanted and just brought in? Do we give the new assistant the job during the time it takes to restart the search for a new guy? Or do we simply go to MVG and say "aye Mitch, ye were second choice, but fuck it, ye want the job now big man?"

If he says yes he comes into a squad of players that hardly know each other, and a load of new players that were identified by the previous manager and who may not even factor into how he wants to play. A bit like the guys that Baraclough inherited from McCall.

Going down that road would pretty much increase our chances of relegation in my opinion.

He's been given the backing to bring in some new players, some of which actually look exciting and of a decent calibre.

Don't fucking give me support the Club and the team. We have fans just like any every Club, we have vocal supporters, we have vocal detractors, we also have happy clappers that watch a competitive sport who have no ambition and accept mediocrity because it is what they are used to. The usual bullshit response from yourself atop your place on pedestal as the holier than thou superfan who goes to games now and again, buys a fleece from the Club shop and strives to be on a committee.

For those that go to games home and away, we can see first hand what is happening. We will be relegated with Ian Baraclough in charge because he hasn't changed it, we are poorer and he is picking formations in every match that don't work. But hey, Motherwell fans don't know what we're talking about and these folk definitely do, so he must know what he's doing. We have lost 3 goals yet again, we have created very little and we have failed to win for the 7th match under Baraclough. It can't continue no matter how much you want to bury your head in the sand and play the superfan.

M v.d Gaag was the right man at the wrong time according to the Club. He was probably first choice, but due to his insisting on changing the Club, we went for the safe and cheap option. It looks as though we'll regret such a poor decision.

• Like 2