Ross County V Motherwell14/02/15

Yabba's Turd

I'm genuinely excited about this game and wish I was able to go. If course, I realise we are setting ourselves up for a fall with so many new faces likely to be in the team. It can't all come together that quickly...can it?

No chance it will all come together in this game. However, if we can refresh the team with a couple of the new faces, plus a couple of the youngsters there may be sufficient improvement to boost the confidence a little and grab a victory. Even a new found competition for places might give the metaphorical boot up the arse required.

We have done the train a couple of times but seems that there are some works on the go stopping you from going Motherwell>Glasgow>Inverness>Dingwall. You used to be able to get into Dingwall from around 12noon and then leave again about 7pm. We have also once got a taxi from Dingwall to Inverness and caught a train back to Glasgow. As I have mentioned, seems the options are not available.

I really wish I was able to go to the match. Real excitment about the new signings and I reckon we are going to win comfortably and turn in the best performance of the season. Having a bit of pace and quality will be the difference.

Will be sitting with a few beers and watching Soccer Saturday hoping to see a few goals come through.

My last post was a load of shit. You can still go up but the train times suck. I am certain their used to be a 7:10am train from Queen Street that got you into Inverness around 10:30am and then an 11am up to Dingwall. Seems the timetable has changed.

There is a train on the way home out of Dingwall at 7:41pm that will get you into Inverness 5mins before the 8:15pm departure to Glasgow. You will need to make your own way back from Glasgow as trains will have finished for the night.

Times are not great but train is a possabilitiy if you really really want to go!

Off Peak Return GroupSaveIcon.gif Origin:Glasgow Queen Street, 07:10 Destination:Dingwall, 11:11 Date:Sat 14 Feb 2015 Changes:1 Duration:4:01hrs Valid on off-peak services by the route and Train operator shown. Return travel any day within 1 month. GroupSaveIcon.gif Origin:Dingwall, 19:41 Destination:Glasgow Queen Street, 23:43 Date:Sat 14 Feb 2015 Changes:1 Duration:4:02hrs

£63.10

It'll be interesting to see what team we get on Saturday.

Any news on Las, Hammell, Pearson or McManus? I would guess that Long, Grant, Johnson and Sutton will start but other than it's all up in the air.

I've heard that Connor Grant is showing up very well in training and could be just we need.

I've heard that Connor Grant is showing up very well in training and could be just we need.

Thats encouraging, very encouraging. We need a physically robust mobile centre midfield player who can provide our central defence with the protection and cover they desperately need and indeed deserve.

Thats encouraging, very encouraging. We need a physically robust mobile centre midfield player who can provide our central defence with the protection and cover they desperately need and indeed deserve.

I thought he was a "talented left footed winger" rather than a robust box to box midfielder (at least that is how he is desctibed on some of the Everton blogs). I assumed he was brought in to be creative rather than defensive.

It will be interesting to see who Bara is going to opt for his first choice right back seeing as it looks like he won't have to play a number of the candidates in other positions as we now appear to be spoilt for choice for midfielders in particular.

Defence as a whole is interesting. Depending on McManus and Hammell recovering from injury, we have options all across the back four. Laing is suspended but O'Brien, Kerr, Ramsden and Reid all vying for a centre back place, with Kerr, Reid and Ramsden also possible right backs.

Just need to hope that Baraclough has spent the last two weeks working out his best combination...

I must admit early on this season I was very critical of Josh Law, I thought he looked well out his depth. However in the depths of the malaise he was the one player who I had any time for mainly due to his drive and effort when those around him had cashed in their chips.

I'd like to think he has earned some sort of loyalty from Baraclough based on his performances in the early part of his tenure.

Based on what I've read, the youtube videos and areas we have been weak before I'd like to see a line up along the lines of (subject to fitness):

------------------------ Long/Twardzik ---------------------------

Law - Ramsden - McManus/O'Brien - Hammell/Straker

------ Pearson ----- Grant ----- Lasley ----- Johnson -----

--------------- N. Thomas ----------------------------------------

------------------------------- Sutton ------------------------------

Subs

D. Thomas

Erwin

Reid

Kerr

Leitch

Carswell

However I wouldn't be surprised if Baraclough went with more of the existing squad and introduce the new guys as subs for impact and also for them to get a feel for the game from observing the first half. Especially if we have a few genuine nippy players available for the first time in ages.

I'm indifferent about McManus being the centre half though.

No point in Bara taking the time and effort to identify problem spots, see who he can bring in to play in those spots to the standard he expects, get the funds from Big Les then sign the guys he wants only to stick them on the subs bench and put out the majority of the team that got us into this mess in the first place. I know why folks would say they will be brought on as subs but, no, I reckon most of the new guys will be starting and rightfully so. This team needs a shot in the arm and the fans need something to get excited about. 'Mon the 'Well!!

No point in Bara taking the time and effort to identify problem spots, see who he can bring in to play in those spots to the standard he expects, get the funds from Big Les then sign the guys he wants only to stick them on the subs bench and put out the majority of the team that got us into this mess in the first place. I know why folks would say they will be brought on as subs but, no, I reckon most of the new guys will be starting and rightfully so. This team needs a shot in the arm and the fans need something to get excited about. 'Mon the 'Well!!

Agreed Haggis. The majority of our new signings are also on short term contracts - effectively only 3 months. The sole exception would be if they're not match fit. That said why sign someone for 3 months if they're not fit? Midfield in particular has been absolutely shocking this season, although injuries have played a significant part in that. Thats the area of the team in which I'm expecting to see wholesale changes.