Ross County V Motherwell14/02/15

Yabba's Turd

Wasn't at the game, wasn't even in the country but was at the last two games where we largely looked up for it. Lasley didn't play these games. Any reason for me to take a conclusion from that?

Absolutely - he's shit. He doesn't protect the defence and hopeless in possession two of the main attributes required to play centre midfield

I was one of those unfortunate souls who was at the game today. Baraclough has learned nothing from the mistakes he's been making since day 1.

Good luck in trying to work out our tactics and strategy. No cohesion, movement , barely a pass or move all game and as for the substitutions. In short the usual inept performance under Baraclough. Positives? We're a day nearer his inevitable exit.

Don't fucking give me support the Club and the team. We have fans just like any every Club, we have vocal supporters, we have vocal detractors, we also have happy clappers that watch a competitive sport who have no ambition and accept mediocrity because it is what they are used to. The usual bullshit response from yourself atop your place on pedestal as the holier than thou superfan who goes to games now and again, buys a fleece from the Club shop and strives to be on a committee.

For those that go to games home and away, we can see first hand what is happening. We will be relegated with Ian Baraclough in charge because he hasn't changed it, we are poorer and he is picking formations in every match that don't work. But hey, Motherwell fans don't know what we're talking about and these folk definitely do, so he must know what he's doing. We have lost 3 goals yet again, we have created very little and we have failed to win for the 7th match under Baraclough. It can't continue no matter how much you want to bury your head in the sand and play the superfan.

M v.d Gaag was the right man at the wrong time according to the Club. He was probably first choice, but due to his insisting on changing the Club, we went for the safe and cheap option. It looks as though we'll regret such a poor decision.

I totally agree, just wasted a day up at Dingwall to watch 11 guys masquerade as Motherwell Football Club. A few good touches from Grant and the keeper looks good, but Jesus Christ we will get relegated with this guy unless he miraculously turns it around, don't see it though.

Lasley has been done for the last 18 months. Yes he had the odd storming game but the next 10 he is fuckin garbage. He is slower than a week in the jail,cant control the ball or pass and couldnt tackle if his life depended on it. Watching him play almost every ball as his trademark aimless wee chip to nobody frustrates the life out of me

He had a fantastic run the end of the season before last,he shouldve gone then on a high! Between them Las & McManus should at the very least be bursting their arses to drag the team forward and lead by example but the fact is,both need not only dropped but binned full stop

• Like 1

Wasn't at the game, wasn't even in the country but was at the last two games where we largely looked up for it. Lasley didn't play these games. Any reason for me to take a conclusion from that?

Without Lasley we are 2 - 12 down this season and have picked up 1 point out of 12.

No point making this about individuals when it's all about a collective failing.

Reid a liability yet again...

its not about inividuals , but there are certainly 2 or 3 who are odds on to make some terrible decisions and gift a goal every other game.

Reids mistakes in the highlights were atrocious, similarly Ramsden and a couple of others , I'm still serioulsy concerned at the old guard just not being focussed and quick or keen enough at every play to be effective.

Baraclough is giving every squad member game time, some more than others given injuries.

I'm getting worried he might be of the thinking experience pros are better for this battle than a more liberal mix of youth, but equally I see who is out injured and wonder who is could be played in front of some who have failed all season.

but one thing is for sure we need to up the movement, energy and ball retention, going forward and sadly that means the current point man isnt working as play keeps breaking down and coming back at us.

McManus losing his man and allowing a free header... Again... Ridiculous.

First was a wonder strike tbf

Reid was the culprit at 2nd and 3rd goal. We just don't seem capable of ironing out the defensive mistakes which is a massive worry. Just seems no matter which defensive partnership we put out it still ends with some calamity. Three massive games at home coming up, tough fixtures as Inverness and Dundee have coasted past us so far this season. I can see this going right down to the wire.

Reid has a a year still to run on his contact, doesn't he? Fuck me.

Quite a few of the previous years heroes were rewarded with 1 or 2 year contracts and I don't think any of the players are giving a return on them!

We cut Faddy; should have done it with Reid, Kerr, Ramsden, Mcmanus, Lasley and Ainsworth. McCall wasn't up to the rebuilding job and thought he could get away with the same old players, but unfortunately other teams caught up and got better. I'm still astonished we got 2nd place last season...Albion Rovers done us ffs!!

Barraclough needs to be ruthless and own this, I know the Gannon bit was mentioned about snubbing the seniors and it backfiring, but we can't trust them any longer. Difficult times require difficult decisions.

A long drive back down the A9 last night - fortunately it wasn't me behind the wheel. Mistakes off the park cost us dearly. We missed Pearson badly and the team was lop sided with little or nothing on the left. All 3 goals lost came from the left flank. Central midfield of Lasley and Ramsden let us down badly and they were simply irrelevant for the best part. They did not protect the defence nor did they support an isolated Sutton up front. Apart from a couple of early efforts, Erwin looked totally out of place on the left wing and ought to have been subbed at half time for either Thomas or Johnson.

Most of the new lads impressed although Straker had a poor game but you can't be overly harsh given that he had no cover in front of him. Thomas was good in flashes but needs far better support from his midfield colleagues. Long looks the part in goals and Grant impressed. Johnson needs more time on the pitch and often had to beat 2/3 defenders.

We did not pass the ball well at all and relied overly on the long ball, which as we know, Sutton can't handle. All too often Lasley and Ramsden were unable to support the front man/men. In the first half especially they both went AWOL with Ross County allowed to shoot at goal at will.

County fans said that that was the best they'd played in months - no surprise there. I didn't like their style of play - very cynical, physical and win at all costs. The bottom line is that while they might not be the most talented they'll certainly compete, bite, scratch and claw their way through 90 minutes. Weak refereeing only aided their cause.

On the plus side we created much more than we have done all season but on the negative side we badly need a tougher hardman midfielder and someone (Pearson) to play on the left. We need to compete better.

In hindsight we might have been better playing Straker at left midfield, Ramsden at right back, Reid at left back, brought in Carswell for Lasley and Thomas or Johnson for Erwin. As it has all season, central midfield was where our real problems lay.

• Like 1

this link is the post match interview with the manager and Alan Burrows, he finally admits he may ditch the usual trying to pass our way through teams to being horrible to watch but able to grind out the results we badly need!

Yet to see any evidence of us trying to pass our way through teams under baraclough. It's boring long ball stuff similar to what we played in the latter part of mccalls reign .

1423966954[/url]' post='432480']

A long drive back down the A9 last night - fortunately it wasn't me behind the wheel. Mistakes off the park cost us dearly. We missed Pearson badly and the team was lop sided with little or nothing on the left. All 3 goals lost came from the left flank. Central midfield of Lasley and Ramsden let us down badly and they were simply irrelevant for the best part. They did not protect the defence nor did they support an isolated Sutton up front. Apart from a couple of early efforts, Erwin looked totally out of place on the left wing and ought to have been subbed at half time for either Thomas or Johnson.

Most of the new lads impressed although Straker had a poor game but you can't be overly harsh given that he had no cover in front of him. Thomas was good in flashes but needs far better support from his midfield colleagues. Long looks the part in goals and Grant impressed. Johnson needs more time on the pitch and often had to beat 2/3 defenders.

We did not pass the ball well at all and relied overly on the long ball, which as we know, Sutton can't handle. All too often Lasley and Ramsden were unable to support the front man/men. In the first half especially they both went AWOL with Ross County allowed to shoot at goal at will.

County fans said that that was the best they'd played in months - no surprise there. I didn't like their style of play - very cynical, physical and win at all costs. The bottom line is that while they might not be the most talented they'll certainly compete, bite, scratch and claw their way through 90 minutes. Weak refereeing only aided their cause.

On the plus side we created much more than we have done all season but on the negative side we badly need a tougher hardman midfielder and someone (Pearson) to play on the left. We need to compete better.

In hindsight we might have been better playing Straker at left midfield, Ramsden at right back, Reid at left back, brought in Carswell for Lasley and Thomas or Johnson for Erwin. As it has all season, central midfield was where our real problems lay.

Anyone know when Pearson is due back, was good on his debut , but we haven't gad the use of him since

I wasn't there but if we are talking about bringing Carswell back in, how bad were Lasley/Ramsden.To be fair Ramsden Is a defender, if anything.hopefully if we can get some of the injured players back , we can start playing midfielders in midfield

Bloody hell Craig Reid actually has a part to play in all three goals we conceded.

1st he for some reason steps inside to try and intercept when a defender is already there, leaving Woods a free unhindered shot on goal.

2nd easily bullied out the way by Coach.

3rd bad timing of his jump under the ball.

I've been saying for a while and when you watch the highlights from past 5 or 6 games back if he is either playing on the right or the left then goals are coming from his sides.

I've been saying for ages that we may have the players at our disposal to get us out of trouble but successive managers are unwilling for some reason to drop persistent offenders.

Can't believe yet another manager is playing Sutton upfront himself! Now Lee Erwin is stuck out left?!?? McManus should've stopped being picked months ago. Ramsden and Reid flatter to deceive, Lasley is done. It's the same names every week. Yet they still play. When is the penny finally going to drop?

Why not try young Watt at right back? Why not try Moore and Erwin up front? And why on earth is Dom Thomas not getting game time? The last in particular is staggering.

The players are the ones who are making the individual mistakes but it's the manager who keeps picking them and therefore the buck stops with him.

Every single weekend we are seeing he same mistakes and the same non performances from the same individuals. We brought in umpteen new players and it's still the same.

The buck stops with the manager.

This run can't go on indifidently. I'd give barraclough till the split, or when we go 6 points clear at the bottom. Which ever happens first.