Club Agm

Kmcalpin

How does that go if we are changing over to being society owned?

It has little effect as the Society would be the major shareholder. Say for example the Society held 280,000 shares representing 70% of the issued share capital. Other minor shareholders would then hold the remaining 30%. If a poster on here bought say 5 shares that would only represent 0.00125% of the share capital - a miniscule proportion. If however someone wanted to buy say 40,000 shares that might be a different matter.

Interesting statement can u expand on it? Are u saying that the state of the stadium or the paint Work or we are moving will be top topic?

Apologies, I was just continuing the humorous theme started by Bigeeze & Ropy. It won't be discussed unless in jest. There will be far more important items to discuss - the new Directors, future direction of the club; a chance to question Ian Baraclough perhaps.

Its actually great to have a business man head the club and start addressing issues and having a plan for the way ahead for the club. I wish Les was the owner at the start of our European run 3 years ago.

I know he is planning to hand over the club to the fans in 5 years but from what has been a very promising start to his reign I would prefer him to continue beyond the 5 years. If the last few weeks are anything to go by this guy knows exactly what he is doing and doing it right.

I know it is way too early to judge him with just a few weeks in the door but he has addressed more issues in the last few weeks than has been done in the last 3 years. Long may it continue for me. I wish the Well society best fortune but I truly do not believe it is the best way forward for the club but that's only my opinion I take my hat off to those who are willing to invest and take the risk. I just can't get my head round a bunch of fans running a successful business.

Wee summary of events (and obviously hoping I'm not breaking any confidences by posting)

Meeting lasted just over an hour. Usual business of getting the formalities out of the way then the usual questions from the floor. A lot of the chat was stuff that's been released/discussed/aired recently so not too many surprises. Some of what was discussed was along the lines of....

On budgets... It was confirmed McCall had the same kitty to work with as last year, which was actually increased to allow for the Ojamaa signing. Next year's budget will be down by quite a hefty amount (which Baraclough was aware of before taking the job) in part because we'll only have 8 players in contract come the end of the season; because of seeking a more attainable break even figure and because of the change of philosophy towards younger players.

On players...Bringing on youth is part of Baraclough's philosophy. He will continue to get youngsters involved be it at Motherwell, or by boosting their development on loan. He feels youngsters have to be given a chance or you'll never know how good they are. Some of them are ready, some not. He used an example that Dom Thomas at the current moment in time may be currently better suited coming into a game later on where the pace of the game at that point is such that he can really exploit his talents, whereas it may be harder for him to do so at the start of the game.

On player recruitment...Things are already ongoing for next season. Luke Watt has signed a new deal, Erwin and Thomas are currently in negotiations. The club have a list of players who are out of contract at clubs across the country to consider targets. We have a chief scout in England plus another two there. We've two in Scotland one concentrating on player recruitment and another concentrating on the opposition. There has been an increase in scouting at youth level in Scotland also.

On training and match preparation....There has been quite a change and the feedback from players and apparently from those the players talk to has been positive. More preparation work before the actual training sessions. Focusing on strength and conditioning. Lots of work on individual basis on things like analysis and working on the mental side of things. No resistance to the methods with the senior players buying into it for the extra longevity it can bring to their careers. Players working exceptionally hard in training. No lack of enthusiasm despite current predicament.

On injuries...Vigurs likely to be out for the rest of the season, Lawson possibly likewise. Hammell possibly back before the end of the season. ZFA doing one-to-one work. Pearson may feature at the weekend. Injuries sustained in recent weeks have been impact injuries and not soft tissue injuries which is being put down to the work being done in training and the methods and work of the physio and the performance coach.

On Well Society...There has been an initial loan from Les Hutchinson with further loans from him and the WS anticipated to alleviate cash flow issues. Loan has to repaid within 5 years with an additional proviso that people have to have demonstrated a desire for the WS model to work by signing up in certain numbers.

On Community Involvement...Example quoted of English based donor with limited connection to club but impressed with work done and vision so donated a sum of money for an educational programme. Thousands of people go linked to club through community schemes.

That's about the bulk of my recollections from my scribbles anything that comes to mind I'll post up.

• Like 9