Motherwell v Inverness ct 28/02/15

insrebus

It will be all over Twitter soon, there's a fella that likes to tweet stuff that's made up on here. Then It will be in the papers since Twitter is their main source. Then it will turn out the real story is our left back is getting dropped because he is bad.

As for Saturday, 2-1 us and an identity crisis for most of us.

1424685819[/url]' post='433507']

Inverness have won 5 of their last 6 away matches and are undefeated in 8 matches overall. They have also never failed to score in those 8 matches and have only conceded more than 1 once.

Should be the first X on your coupon on Saturday morning.

Everyone laughed on here when Hughes took over at ICT and expected total free fall. Just shows what can be achieved, with a motivator (Hughes) and a crackin tactician in Latapy. Totally sound tactics and playing good football!

Absolutely no chance we're getting anything out of this. Inverness are absolutely streets ahead of us this season.

Really hope Pearson, Hammell and even Vigurs are back.

If Barraclough has any sense Straker and McManus won't be playing and we might actually see other players playing in their proper postions with a slight semblance of shape and tactics. Bet we don't though.

The baw is truly on the slates for us.

Anything between 2 and 4-0 to Inverness.

Glad I'm missing this one. Both games post deadline day have not provided much encouragement.

We only conceded one goal against Dundee and it was a fluke but seemingly defensively we were still woeful on Saturday. With Straker seemingly edging McManus for biggest culprit. If Hammell isn't fit then I'd put Watt back in there, probably leave the rest as is as much as I'd like to see McManus punted do we have a centre half who would be comfortable on the left side?

If Pearson is back I have some hope we won't be utterly diabolical, if he isn't not got a lot of hope in the other options.

Up front Sutton is only one looking like scoring but needs support, I'd probably prefer we stuck in two proper wingers in a 4-5-1 and gave them some licence than going 4-4-2 with what we have.

Team I'd like to see

Long

Ramsden Laing McManus Watt

N. Thomas Grant Lasley Pearson Johnson

Sutton

Basically Lasley should be telt to sit deep and get no further than a yard or two beyond the centre circle. Pearson looked to have the energy to still get up and down the park and young lad Grant should be encouraged forward to try and do some damage up the park as he supposedly shown signs of a bit of quality.

I've went with the two new wingers ahead of the ones we already had as Ainsworth and Thomas I think will do better off the bench and indeed after about an hour if we level or only a goal down Dom Thomas would be top of my list for getting on the back to try and make an impact. Given we have this glut of wingers the two that start should be getting told to absolutely burst themselves if nothing else to try and make the opposing fullbacks a bit leggy for subs that come on last 20/30 minutes to take advantage of, assuming we can compete enough over the first hour or so that they need to get out of first gear. Slightly harsh dropping of Erwin but he isn't a midfielder.

I accept there is plenty to pick at from this particular line, not least a player or two in the back four and it might seems cautious but if we can not get pumped early doors we can maybe get more adventurous later in the game. With luck this 4-5-1 will be more 4-3-3 but I'm not that optimistic.

Absolutely no chance we're getting anything out of this. Inverness are absolutely streets ahead of us this season.

Really hope Pearson, Hammell and even Vigurs are back.

If Barraclough has any sense Straker and McManus won't be playing and we might actually see other players playing in their proper postions with a slight semblance of shape and tactics. Bet we don't though.

The baw is truly on the slates for us.

Anything between 2 and 4-0 to Inverness.

We won't see him in a Motherwell shirt again IMO.

We cannot persist with 1 up front. especially Sutton. He needs to play off somone

I'd argue that we can if we drop the hoofball tactics and focus on playing down the flanks. Swing in crosses for Sutton and he'll get goals.

But using him as a solo target man like we currently are is absolute lunacy.

The rumour is the tattooed right back will be doing some porridge.

This may have gone right over my head....but which one? Both Reid and Law seem to be fairly fond of some ink.

I just can't see how sacking the manager and waiting another 4 weeks to hire a new guy who then takes 2 or 3 weeks to settle in is going to help us climb the table.

Bottom line still is the players need to player better. As I said in another thread, it's simple - but not easy.

I never understood why people on here thought Hughes was useless. I guess they were basing it on the way he speaks rather than his track record.

Tough game and would be delighted with a point here.

I just can't see how sacking the manager and waiting another 4 weeks to hire a new guy who then takes 2 or 3 weeks to settle in is going to help us climb the table.

That won't help us.

We need to headhunt someone and have them available to step in immediately. Not very ethical but these are wartime conditions.