Best Forwards Pairing

chummy

Has to be Pettigrew and Graham but that's showing my age. First goal I saw at Fir Park was scored by Dixie Deans against Killie around 1970 !

I started going just about a year before Pettigrew broke into the first team (Back end of the last season of the old First Div). He became pretty much a fixture in the first season of the Premier League in '75 I think.

Him and Graham were a lethal combination and probably, for us old geezers, they are better remembered because they lasted a few years together.

Arnott and Coyne together were the closest I've seen to them as a pairing.

He did that weeyin - and he was fast particularly over the initial 10 yard burst. But he certainly didn't leave Laurie Cunningham and Cyril Regis in his wake - sprint pre Joe Wark Testimonial - they were like shit off a shovel.

The 2 of them then took us apart in the game itself ( did end up something like 7-1). 2 fantastic players.

Dunno why but I miss the old Fir Park, you know, the terraces where you could stand,the turnstiles with the portholes, the East stand where the choir was (well done the Bois of today) the wee enclosure at the front of the main stand, Lanarkshires finest walking round the pitch, the we bloke pulling the wagon with the halftime results to put up on the wall. The half time pie (best pies were always at Fir Park) and bovril and after the game a quick pint in the Fir Park Club under the main stand the floodlight towers, the view of the steelworks from the main stand...and the big home and traveling support we used to have...and some of the best players I have seen wearing claret and amber....I said in an above post Graham and Pettigrew were the best forwards pairing I have seen...but we had a good team in the '70's with a fantastic player and club captain Joe Wark.

Thanks for the memories....:drinks:

am away to look at Bobby Bingo's youtube clips of Motherwell FC