Motherwell V Hamilton 20/03/15

McCusker

i think the hamilton game next friday will give a fair reflexion on where we are and how we will end up.

IB in the last 3 games has got the team playing better than what we have witnessed for a while.

im also interested to know your thoughts on the signings that have been made and whether you think IB would have made the same signings if he didnt feel a bit of a panic after seeing how poor our squad was

• Like 1

Every game recently has been built up as a 'must win' but i'd say this probably is our most important game of the season so far.If we lose it'll knock any confidence that's been gained recently out of the team and fans.A draw would leave Ross Co with a chance to move further clear and the 3 point gap is already bad enough considering our goal diff is much worse.

I think it'll be a nervy 2-1 for us, Accies are in even worse form than us and if we play like we did in the last 2 home games we should beat them.

Can't accept anything but 3 points from this one. We need to keep on the coat tails of County.

Overall I thought we played well against Aberdeen. Individual errors cost us. We need to cut these out.

I would go with Sutton and McDonald up top for this one. Accies has probably the shortest playing squad and with good delivery he will score goals!

Accies has probably the shortest playing squad and with good delivery he will score goals!

Fair point Mitch. What is generally less well known about Accies is that they're a very physical side and will throw their weight around. Like a few other SPL sides like Ross County and Inverness they simply won't allow us to play if we look like doing some damage. Going back to the New Year game, on the rare occasions we did threaten them our lads were quite simply and cynically taken out. A strong referee and vociferous crowd are essential on Friday. Lets take a leaf out of Dundee United fans' book and start booing and screaming at any challenge by or foul on an opposition player. We have to wise up.

We have taken a few doings this season but looking back we haven't been well beaten since the Dundee and Celtic games in January, maybe the late goal against RC makes that one look better than it was. Friday's game was similar to McCall's last game at St Johnstone where we were by far the better team and then the game ended in comical fashion. We then went on to beat United.

So the trend is slightly upwards and we have shown we can bounce back.

Let's get stuck in on Friday.

No if's but's or maybe's we need to win this.If we can win 1 more game than RC and beat them we will be safe but that's not going to be easy.On the plus side Accies are on a slide, Thistle are up and down and we simply must beat StMidden so it's not over yet but our inability to score more than 1 goal a game (normally this season) and our inability to keep a clean sheet, usually down to our defensive weakness and individuals errors is what is killing us.On the new signings.Long, makes some good stops but seems to make some strange decisions and the ones he does let it leave you thinking a better keeper could have stopped them. Doesn't sound tha different to Dan.Straker, seemed to defend much better against Killin than he did 2 weeks before but he cannot pass the ball 5 yards and IMHO is crap so bad he makes ZFA look like a left back.Laing, I actually like but he seems to have 1 or 2 bomb scare moments each game, on Friday it proved costly.Johnson, I think has been the best of the newcomers looks like a player and was noticeable that we lost the plot when he went off injured a few weeks back.Grant, seems to perform in patches not sure either way yet.Pearson, not playing great IMHO but what his presence has done is given Lawley some more time and his game has improved when Pearson is playing.Skippy, first game back he really lifted us, second game even he admits he wasn't at his best and his game craft got us the lead up at the sheep. However I think he is trying to do too much which is hurting his game he needs Erwin or Sutton to be a threat to give him some space.Thomas, not seem enough of him to pass judgement.I think that's all of them.

No if's but's or maybe's we need to win this.If we can win 1 more game than RC and beat them we will be safe but that's not going to be easy.On the plus side Accies are on a slide, Thistle are up and down and we simply must beat StMidden so it's not over yet but our inability to score more than 1 goal a game (normally this season) and our inability to keep a clean sheet, usually down to our defensive weakness and individuals errors is what is killing us.

Friday's game is not necessarily a must win, although its very important. We can draw it or even lose it and still finish 10th. However we can't rely on any other team we have to do it ourselves. We have scored 2 goals only 4 times this season but half of those have come in the last 5 games. We are creating more chances now than at any time during the season.

Bottom line is that 3 points on Friday will be a huge help to us.

Chat in the dressing room should be...

If you want to be playing in the SPL next year, and more importantly, still have a job here... nothing less than a blood, sweat and snotters win will do.

IF the players can get up for this and IF they put the effort in on the park, I think a win is the most likely outcome.

Sutton and Ainsworth need to start for me. The back four and goalie should be on a bonus for keeping a clean sheet to entice them.

Smash 'em Motherwell.

• Like 2

I would go with Sutton and McDonald up top for this one. Accies has probably the shortest playing squad and with good delivery he will score goals!

They aren't lacking in stature in the back four though - Canning, Hendrie, Garcia Tena and Devlin all over 6 feet.

I'd still have Sutton back though.

Friday's game is not necessarily a must win, although its very important. We can draw it or even lose it and still finish 10th. However we can't rely on any other team we have to do it ourselves. We have scored 2 goals only 4 times this season but half of those have come in the last 5 games. We are creating more chances now than at any time during the season.

Bottom line is that 3 points on Friday will be a huge help to us.

I agree that it's not a must win game however if we lose it I think it will be shattering to any hopes of staying up. Accies are on a poor run and desperate for a win( something Motherwell normally provide to teams on a poor run) Motherwell are playing their best football of this season so far and only Long losing the plot cost us a remarkable result on Friday night. So I honestly feel we could go a long way to eradicating some of the pain of previous derby results this season and give Accies a hammering.