Motherwell V Hamilton 20/03/15

McCusker

Its uncanny how similar erwin is to a shite young clarkson breaking into the team. Get sutton involved - at least he knows where the goal is.

Streaker to be left at home and laing dropped.

I think Erwin is just desperate for a goal and is trying far too hard. His shooting of late has been very poor as has his decision making but on the positive side some of his link up play with McDonald on Fri night in the first half was fantastic.

However, if we can get Johnson whipping crosses in like he did against Killie then Sutton's your man.

The best we have been playing this season has been the last three games without Sutton, yet people want him included straight back into the team.

Sorry I dont feel the need to change the team at the moment, think the extra mobility Erwin is providing is certainly helping with our recent style of play. This game on Friday is tailor made to run their defence.

If we go back to the long ball to Sutton against Accies I feel their centre halves will do what they have done all season and eat that up.

No change for me with the forward two in fact no change for me to the team unless Hammy is fit to step back into left back.

The best we have been playing this season has been the last three games without Sutton, yet people want him included straight back into the team.

Sorry I dont feel the need to change the team at the moment, think the extra mobility Erwin is providing is certainly helping with our recent style of play. This game on Friday is tailor made to run their defence.

If we go back to the long ball to Sutton against Accies I feel their centre halves will do what they have done all season and eat that up.

No change for me with the forward two in fact no change for me to the team unless Hammy is fit to step back into left back.

I agree we look like a new team because erwin and Mcdonald defend from the front and as a result the Midfield, in particular lasley, no longer need to press high up the pitch to defenders. We therefore look better in midfield too. Sutton cannot press, simply cause he cannot run. im less concerned about erwin not scoring because the partnership is working well and McDonald is scoring.

100% this for me.

3-1 to Accies. dry.gif . We cant get close to beating them and they're due a win. I seem to recall they got beat at home to Partick Thistle earlier this season before pumping us 4-0. They always raise their game against us.

Immediately before pumping us 4-0 they played us at home and over 120 minutes nobody could find the net (which is kind of close).

Erwin will come good, just needs time to settle into a consistent run of games. He should be looking to develop in a similar manner to the likes of Steven Fletcher, who had similar attributes at a young age.

Steven Fletcher was playing at the top level in Scotland at 17 though. Lee Erwin is no kid, it's his 21st birthday the day before the Accies match.

We blood players far too late and hinder their development. If you look at the players we've brought through and who have gone on that have gone on and done something most of them were playing at 17-18 years old in the first team.

Steven Fletcher was playing at the top level in Scotland at 17 though. Lee Erwin is no kid, it's his 21st birthday the day before the Accies match.

We blood players far too late and hinder their development. If you look at the players we've brought through and who have gone on that have gone on and done something most of them were playing at 17-18 years old in the first team.

Definitely agree with you there. Obviously skewed a bit because of birthdays but Stuart Armstrong is still technically only 22 and has had 5 more years of top flight experience.

Anyone fancy having Ramsden back in for Straker?

Personally I'd go for Watt.

Is Ramsden not suspended for this game? I'd be tempted to bring in Watt at RB as Law hasn't been playing that well recently and has looked culpable at a couple of recent goals.

• Like 1

I know some people think this is not a must win game but if we are to have a chance of not being in the play offs then I think it is.

We need to get 4 more point between now and the end of the season that Ross County and hope that St Mirren dont catch us, which I think is harder for them that us catching County.

So assumming that the table stays the same above us until the split here is what I think the remaining games will look like and what I think the results will be.

I am being as optomistic about our results as possible based on our better play, other teams current form and our results against them so far this season.

P is provisional on the fixtures after the split.

[/size][/font]We have only scored more than one goal in 4 league matches this season and 3 off them were against County and we won 1, drew 1 and lost 1 the other was against ITC and we won, so as has been said we are making more chances but we need to convert some more of them and stop leaking stupid goals and we will start to get some better results.

Hopefully Lee Erwin just needs to break his barren streak and that will open the flood gates as he seems to be the one getting the opportunities but not converting them.

So what do you think?

Crash helmet on for the responses.

Edited by Yabba's Turd
Document in next post ;)

I know some people think this is not a must win game but if we are to have a chance of not being in the play offs then I think it is.

Crash helmet on for the responses.

Well that did not work too well as it was a nice table when I put it in the box!!!!

So here it is in word format.

Games to play.doc

Edited by Yabba's Turd

You've also omitted Partick Thistle, safe to say with them facing the top 3 and us in their remaining fixtures picking up 3 points will be good going before facing us. That puts them on 34. While we're on 22 I think even a conservative estimate of 5 points from the next 3 games isn't too much from us. Then we play them and most Motherwell fans would expect a win. 4 points difference with 5 to play is nothing including another 6 pointer is nothing.

I did say I was trying to be optimistic based on our recent improved form but you are correct an unbeaten run like that is based on optimism and hope that when we play the teams around us we are on the up as a few of them are not.As for Partick I think they are just out of reach and when they drift down they seem to manage to pull out a good result, would love to be wrong on that one and have them in the mix for second bottom.