2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

This Football Manager chat is absolutely dire; I can't believe the Beeb would even entertain it. I understand Sky jumping on it for sponsorship but it's absolute nonsense.

I remember thinking the same last year when there was a guy live blogging signings using Fifa stats as his benchmarks for them.

The thing is professional clubs use them too. Both Arsenal and Everton have agreements with Sports Interactive.

Why? The database is the largest scouting tool in the world created by a mix of professional scouts, members of club boards, a couple of managers, fans who are studying to become pro Scouts and normal fans.

Quite, as ridiculous as the idea of using a computer game seems essentially all it is is a massive database: http://www.sigames.com/news/when-videogames-and-football-collide-everton-fc-20

The only question mark really focuses on the reliability of the individual sourcing the data however as a starting point (position, age, height, weight, preferred foot etc, contract length) that information isn't actually going to vary whether you've sourced it from FM15 or a real person.

I believe these are the folk we're in partnership with: http://info.scout7.com/en/about/

Yeah, I doubt any club basis everything on the DB, but if they're looking for a certain type of player you could do a lot worse than looking at FM, Scout 7 or any other major DB.

Anyway Scott Mullen just tweeted expecting something from Motherwell soon

A new FM release? :whistling:

• Like 1

Why? The database is the largest scouting tool in the world created by a mix of professional scouts, members of club boards, a couple of managers, fans who are studying to become pro Scouts and normal fans.

Is it constantly kept up to date? I remember they did yearly patches and stuff like that.

If its kept up to date then yes its a good search tool, but surely they are not relying on the ratings for players - as again these would fluctuate massively.

Every six months the game db is updated.

At least 6 times for those two releases

the db is actually updated.

I doubt they'd accept what the DB says as gospel but it's a decent starting point for all ages as the DB they see has all the players that for legal reasons cannot be in game.