Post Split Fixtures

Kmcalpin

I know some folk don't like it, but I don't mind friday night football. I seem to have enjoyed it when I have attended. If we can get points on the board early it puts a wee bit of pressure on others. Agree 1 game at a time though.

This. Especially when its a local(ish) game, such as Hamilton, Kilmarnock, St.Mirren, etc.

Do people see it as an advantage or dis-advantage that we play 2 Friday night games? We will either increase the nerves of the teams above us with a win before they play on the Saturday..or they'll go into their games knowing a win will take them further from us!

I think it all depends on our results to be honest. If we can win the Friday night games then it's advantage us. If we lose or draw then I think it will make the job that much easier for the Saturday teams.

Like others, I agree we need to win the first three to give ourselves a chance of getting back in the pile. Ross County v Partick is a great one for the first weekend, as if we can beat Accies it would put the pressure right on.

I get a feeling that 12 points might just be enough to sneak by, but it's crucial we get a good start to the post-split as if we drop points early even I think we might not escape 11th place.

This is going to be an absolute bloodbath.

• Like 1

Do people see it as an advantage or dis-advantage that we play 2 Friday night games? We will either increase the nerves of the teams above us with a win before they play on the Saturday..or they'll go into their games knowing a win will take them further from us!

I think it's a slight advantage given it's largely out of our hands, presuming we actually win the games. It's not unlike choosing to go first in a penalty shoot-out, with the belief that you take care of doing your own thing first and then shift the emphasis onto the opponent. Again though, it's only an advantage if we win them obviously!

Ross County v Partick is a great one for the first weekend, as if we can beat Accies it would put the pressure right on.

Yep, the first weekends fixtures are absolutely perfect for us as it gives us the best possible chance to close the gap right away.

Could come down to bottle, which unfortunately Partick trumped us on the other week so I'd rather it's County who drop the points. Makes the following game vs us at home massive as we could go equal on points.

Would it be mental to suggest these fixtures have been constructed in the hope the gap would be closed?

• Like 1

I tend to agree with CoF, I think the post split fixtures have given us a chance, a slim one but a chance nonetheless, of avoiding being in a playoff. Absolutely delighted that we got three home games and all against the stronger/more motivated teams at what I think are the right times to play them if we are to pull off a great escape.

The scheduling of Ross County v Partick game was one that I had hoped was going to be in the first weekend of fixtures as I think Partick are probably the most motivated and on form opponent County could face outwith ourselves, they will go to Dingwall knowing that a win would see them pretty much safe.

We will still need to do the business against Accies, not an easy task as they'll be up for it after the stomping we dished out on them at Fir Park. The County home game will be a massive game, and hopefully we will be going into it only 3pts behind them.

However I think if we haven't caught County by full time on the 2nd of May we wont catch them at all!

Any chance of the County game being reduced prices? Did they not give away a few thousand tickets for games against them the last couple of times we played them after the split.

Was thinking the same earlier. I believe we should be doing everything as club to get as many folk as possible to these last few home games. Whether that be through reduced prices and/or some sort of free ticket offer.

Only thing I'd really have preferred is a home game first to make getting back on the winning trail just that bit easier. That said despite our shite record at NDP their form isn't improving much we need to show some backbone and go and win that game. Do that and we can start to think about avoiding play offs. 4 wins might do it and if County out of no where can win 8 out of 9 why can't we do 4 out of 5. County and Thistle will be tough but they in the bottom 6 for a reason, other 3 are no great shakes either. Show out best form for a few games and it possible. My biggest fear(aside from losing to Accies right off the bat and killing hopes stone dead) is that Killie, County and Thistle will all win 3 from 5 which even if they all lose to us would be enough to stay ahead I think.

I'd rather we weren't on a Friday first. I felt like us playing before County last week didn't help us. I have absolutely fuck all to back that up though!

After I posed the question about whether earlier games were an advantage or not, I think I would prefer all games to be at exactly the same time.

Forget trying to claw back points before the rest play, or worry about dropping further behind...I would prefer to concentrate on only ourselves for 90 mins and find out what happened elsewhere when we step off the pitch.